Thanks Meter: 14,312

Thread Closed Email Thread
11th January 2012, 09:58 AM |#441  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 4,539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDroidian

LoL, the link u previously posted says that they DO stay on 90-100% when they are charging. How can they do that if they continue to drain, as u claim? That contradicts what u are trying to say!

Either way, it's a bug! Sometimes I unplug it in the morning and it is at 100ish%, and other times it shows that it has "drained" down to 70-80ish%.... It's NOT consistent, therefore it IS a problem no matter which way is the "proper" way...

Again, ur theory wouldn't explain how I could leave it charging all day and use it (while it's still plugged in), and unplug it the NEXT morning and STILL get a normal day's use out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapacrazyhoe

Notice that the post is from Droid Incredible? Referring to the code, Samsung didn't have the trickle charge ability.

The inconsistency is based on misbehaving apps. One example is Facebook chat. If you leave it open, it'll drain your battery as it checks for new messages. If you leave the chat, the wakelock will be eliminated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pikachu01 Ad-Free

11th January 2012, 10:52 AM |#442  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyDog

Battery charge bug is gone here with this software + CF-root.

I cannot confirm this. Same dischargingproblem as ever on GB.

Edit: Oh wait, when I tested I was already on Talonkernel. Going to test it with stockkernel today.

@pikachu: Thanks for looking into this problem!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
11th January 2012, 11:09 AM |#443  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01

Notice that the post is from Droid Incredible? Referring to the code, Samsung didn't have the trickle charge ability.

The inconsistency is based on misbehaving apps. One example is Facebook chat. If you leave it open, it'll drain your battery as it checks for new messages. If you leave the chat, the wakelock will be eliminated.

Again, I understand ur theory, but it's just not possible given my experience with it.

One last question for to enlighten me on...

Let's say, for one second, that ur theory is true, and it just starts to drain after it fully charges. U are saying that even though it MIGHT show 99% when I unplug it from the charger that it could actually be on 80%, right? Well, if that is the case, then why when I wake up and unplug it and it says "99%" I can put it back on the charger AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO SAY FULLY CHARGED AND STAY ON 100%?

Only 2 possible answers, assuming ur theory is true (about it saying 99% but is actually at 80% like in this example):

It actually charges the 20% extra to reach a true 100% when I unplug it within a few minutes, which is obviously impossible...

Or...

It just charges it a few minutes and lies and SAYS it's at 100% when it is really only at around 82% (thus making that link about "bump charging" total bs). If this is true, how would u ever be able to charge it up to 100% again?

Either way, ur theory holds no water.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DanDroidian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanDroidian Ad-Free
11th January 2012, 11:16 AM |#444  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 641

More
Sometimes when a notification sound is triggered while media is playing, it lowers the media volume.

I was not able to reproduce the issue.
11th January 2012, 11:17 AM |#445  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 4,539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDroidian

Again, I understand ur theory, but it's just not possible given my experience with it.

One last question for to enlighten me on...

Let's say, for one second, that ur theory is true, and it just starts to drain after it fully charges. U are saying that even though it MIGHT show 99% when I unplug it from the charger that it could actually be on 80%, right? Well, if that is the case, then why when I wake up and unplug it and it says "99%" I can put it back on the charger AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO SAY FULLY CHARGED AND STAY ON 100%?

Only 2 possible answers, assuming ur theory is true (about it saying 99% but is actually at 80% like in this example):

It actually charges the 20% extra to reach a true 100% when I unplug it within a few minutes, which is obviously impossible...

Or...

It just charges it a few minutes and lies and SAYS it's at 100% when it is really only at around 82% (thus making that link about "bump charging" total bs). If this is true, how would u ever be able to charge it up to 100% again?

Either way, ur theory holds no water.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

There are three things that needs to be understood here.

One: No trickle charge in SGS.
Two: Some misbehaving apps can sometimes trigger indiscriminate wake locks that drain the battery.
Three: The heat from charging affects dischargers (It might hasten discharge) - Not a theory, but a gut feel.

Your explanation of the above can be described with the combination of two or more of the above.

I've offered a few examples, Facebook, Tunein, Lattitude. All of these can drain the battery due to a few simple settings in the app.

Also note that placing your phone in an obscure place and letting it connect to a weak network can drain your battery like a m*fo. This happened to me once. I burried my phone under my a few layers of pillow/comforter and the battery drained when charging. A few hours later, phone can't be turned on, and the heat from the phone was unbelievable.

And please stop with the personal attacks :/

It's getting annoying replying to you with all the personal attacks.
The Following User Says Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pikachu01 Ad-Free
11th January 2012, 12:59 PM |#446  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi thier first post been doin alot of trolling for a year or so just put jvu rom on nice and snappy camera is very responsive and still stock ics would have been better tho thanks sam...........
11th January 2012, 01:11 PM |#447  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Just in case 329MB of ram wasn't less enough, we have decided to take a further "9MB" from so-called 512MB.

It would be great if there were custom kernels for JVU which changes it
11th January 2012, 01:23 PM |#448  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01

There are three things that needs to be understood here.

One: No trickle charge in SGS.
Two: Some misbehaving apps can sometimes trigger indiscriminate wake locks that drain the battery.
Three: The heat from charging affects dischargers (It might hasten discharge) - Not a theory, but a gut feel.

Your explanation of the above can be described with the combination of two or more of the above.

I've offered a few examples, Facebook, Tunein, Lattitude. All of these can drain the battery due to a few simple settings in the app.

Also note that placing your phone in an obscure place and letting it connect to a weak network can drain your battery like a m*fo. This happened to me once. I burried my phone under my a few layers of pillow/comforter and the battery drained when charging. A few hours later, phone can't be turned on, and the heat from the phone was unbelievable.

And please stop with the personal attacks :/

It's getting annoying replying to you with all the personal attacks.

Thanks for ur reply, but u made no attempt to answer how my scenario works on ur theory, u just keep repeating DRAINAGE DRAINAGE, but clearly don't follow my example of why ur theory is just NOT possible.

Again, it is a bug, AND when the bug is NOT present it clearly DOES NOT just drain down to empty after it reaches 100%....

Personal attacks? I pointed out the flaws in ur "theory," that is far from a personal attack...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapawalkytalky
11th January 2012, 01:38 PM |#449  
Flag Dallas

More
awsome,
thanks man.
your download links worked.
n 2.3.6 os looks cool
11th January 2012, 01:42 PM |#450  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12

Just in case 329MB of ram wasn't less enough, we have decided to take a further "9MB" from so-called 512MB.

It would be great if there were custom kernels for JVU which changes it

Why don't you install Semaphore 2.4(bm) or CF-Root or Galaxian V3?
11th January 2012, 01:45 PM |#451  

More
n00b alert here. Im about to flash this firmware and im currently on DXJV9+semaphore kernel. does flashing a stock rom warrants me to do a full backup of my phone including apps, contacts, and media files??... coz if it is not needed, then i might go on and flash this NOW and not bother to do backup... someone, help! i will be waiting..
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.6 for galaxy s, ics for galaxy s, value pack firmware for galaxy s, xxjvu for galaxy s
Previous Thread Next Thread