Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 48,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tablet S: should I buy it?

Tip us?

csphea
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think you should buy it then. incredible price with incredible spec, i just order this tablet.

agc93
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
I've had my Tablet for a couple of weeks now (I got it the day of the price drop here in Aus) and I have been very impressed. As a previous owner of a Galaxy Tab, this is a pretty damn awesome tablet.

My screen still looks as spectacular as always, webpages always work (except for iPhone-specific ones, which get stretched badly) and the battery has been stupendous. With the tablet in standby, I've only ever lost a maximum of 3% over a whole night.

The video problems that site mentions are there on the stock apps (the stock Video Player seems quite picky), but can easily be circumvented with any of the apps from the Market.

I would definitely suggest buying this, even just for the IR blaster, which is amazing!
--agc93----------------

~~~~~~Sony Tablet S~~~~~
~~Rooted Android 3.2.1r2~~~

"The command-line: stopping noobs dead since...forever" (CS351, 2011)

If I've helped out at all, please hit the THANKS button!!
NNe00 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea.rds View Post
Thanks for the reply. I read that thread but I could find there just a couple of answers. Nothing about the battery, for instance, which is one of my biggest doubts.
Battery life: I've managed to get 8:30 hours of continuous play, browsing, videos etc on a single charge.

Multimedia: I've found a great combination: File Manager HD (can access files from the real sd card connected as well as shares from a windows pc) + VPlayer (plays all of my videos, mkv, avi & mp4 from the sd card or streaming from pc with no problems at all)

unclespoon
Old
Thanks Meter 128
just buy the damn tablet already; you'll love it. battery life is great. screen is great. software is great but compatibility with market apps is not so great (for now).
Sony Ericsson T610
Nokia 6600
Motorola SLVR L9
Sony Ericsson K750
Motorola RIZR Z3
iPhone 2G
myTouch 4G
myTouch 4G Slide
Samsung Galaxy S II
Sony Tablet S

thatu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've looked at many tablets (and the overpriced ipad2) before choosing the Sony S. I think it is a great tablet and has many features that aren't offered in any other competing product. The IR is cool (works on most devices), the PS compatibility is another good feature although currently only PS One games are supported

Screen and brightness are good, battery life is very good (I have read a review that ranked it lower than the iPad2 due to poor battery but I have to disagree with that!

Had a few issues with WiFi but not all the time, when it happens I just turn off WiFi then on again and the problem goes away

For the price I would highly recommend it