S-Off: (only for full soff, htcdev.com now unlocks hboot)
Prerequisites: Windows, A USB cord for your phone, HTC Drivers, which are installed with the HTC Sync software, USB DEBUGGING ENABLED, and two files i will mention in the directions.
1) Download the files attached below
2) unrar the diag files, and unzip simple gold card.
3) BACK UP YOUR SD CARD, NOT AN OPTION!!!!!
4) Open simplegoldcard.exe in the unzipped file, and run as administrator in windows vista or 7
5) Plug your BACKED UP phone into your computer, enable disk mode
6) Select your phones device letter and select FORMAT SD CARD
7) Change your phone to Charge Only now
8) Select MMC1 in step three and click GetCID and copy it into the web page that the program links to and fill out the capatcha
9) Download the immage file
10) Go to step 5, load the immage you just downloaded
11) Place phone into disk drive mode, and click patch MMC
12) you have a working gold card now!
13) Place these files on the ROOT of your Goldcard, PG76DIAG.nbh and PG76DIAG.zip DONT EXTRACT THE ZIP
14) Once that has been done power off your phone and pull the battery for a good 5 seconds just to make sure it's completely off.
15) Boot into HBOOT by holding Volume down while pressing the power button (you do not need to hold the power button, only hold the volume down button) The HBOOT screen will boot up and then you can let go of the Volume down button.
16) The phone will automatically scan the SD card for the files we just put on the root of the SD card and will start the update process.
17) A screen will appear that says Clean s58. Press the power button once to select clean s58 and the phone will start doing it's thing and should take about a good 20 seconds until it's finished.
18) Once the process is complete then pull the battery to turn the phone off.
19) Remove the SD card from the phone, then boot into HBOOT again (VOL DWN AND POWER, if you cant remember
20) It should now say S-OFF at the top of the screen, you can now do much more with your phone. Just pull the battery and boot like normal.
Prerequisites: Windows, USB Cable, USB Debugging, files I mention in the directions, and S-OFF
This one thanks to CLShortFuse for the file
1) Download this and run as administrator
2) Make sure your drivers are installed and you have your phone on charge only and USB debugging enabled
3) make sure auto is selected in the Exploit
4) Click root, and wait
5) If it says do you want to test, click yes
6) If it wants to install Busy-box click yes
7) Your now rooted, enjoy
Prerequisites: S-off, Fast boot in the settings menu OFF, Root (as far as I know, you may not need root)
1) Keep your gold card from when we got your Wildfire to S-off
2) Download this .zip
3) Now move this file to the root of your gold card still zipped
4) Pull the battery
5) Put the battery back in and hold the Vol DWN rocker and power button, then install the Zip with up arrow.
6) Wait for the update symbol to go away, and your done. Pull the battery out, and boot like normal. You MUST delete this zip to boot into custom recovery. Custom recovery is accessed by the VOL DWN and Power then down to recovery then power. Your now in our new recovery.