Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help please. Vivid wont boot

Tip us?

PluggedLlama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help please. Vivid wont boot

I have searched everywhere and cannot find any answers. I tried to load a custom rom lastnight and my phone got stuck on the white HTC screeen. I was able to go into HBOOT but everytime i tried to rebot nothing would hapen. I loaded the PH39IMG.zip but it said the file could not be read. Now my phone wont turn on normally or into HBOOT. When I plug it in the orange light flashes and goes out. The only response I get is the haptic on the 4 lower keys.

pside15
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Did you flash the boot image before you flashed the ROM?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile)
The Following User Says Thank You to pside15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PluggedLlama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
not sure. I made the mistake of using ROM Manager from the market. i downloaded the rom i wanted to the external sd and went into the app, selected "install from sd card", selected the rom and it instantly came up with the white HTC scren. i gave it about 30 min before pulling the battery and loading HBOOT. from there i couldnt do anything so i went to bed. when i woke up i was able to enter HBOOT and got the message "battery low". i plugged it in and the light flashed orange. now nothing. just feedback when i touch the 4 bottom keys. i put a CWM and the zip back on sd card but cant get into HBOOT to flash it...

drewdatrip
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by PluggedLlama View Post
not sure. I made the mistake of using ROM Manager from the market. i downloaded the rom i wanted to the external sd and went into the app, selected "install from sd card", selected the rom and it instantly came up with the white HTC scren. i gave it about 30 min before pulling the battery and loading HBOOT. from there i couldnt do anything so i went to bed. when i woke up i was able to enter HBOOT and got the message "battery low". i plugged it in and the light flashed orange. now nothing. just feedback when i touch the 4 bottom keys. i put a CWM and the zip back on sd card but cant get into HBOOT to flash it...
I be love you have flash an incorrect cwm and or kernel. Chexkbout the super guide and revert to stock and start again .

Drew

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
AT&T HTC One - Custom Stock Variant
AT&T Samsung SGS4 - Tinkering
AT&T Samsung SGS3 - CM10 RC2
The Following User Says Thank You to drewdatrip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PluggedLlama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thats what i thought also but i cant get it to do anything. i hant get into HBOOT or FASTBOOT. all i get is a black screen

travisxcore
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Did you pull your battery before trying to boot into hboot?

Did you relock your phone before trying to flash the PH39IMG?
The Following User Says Thank You to travisxcore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PluggedLlama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes. it just doesnt want to enter. i just left the battery out for 20 min and it finally went to hboot. it asked if i would like to go into recovery, i said yes. it said updating then update sucessful and asked to reboot. did that, white htc screen for 5 min then it turned off like it died again. How would i "re-lock" if i can manage to get back to hboot? and is there a reason my battery wont charge? also can i enter it without the battery and being connected to charger? Thanks for all the help guys

PluggedLlama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yay. i got into CWM!!! now can i install a custom ROM?

drewdatrip
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by PluggedLlama View Post
yay. i got into CWM!!! now can i install a custom ROM?
Fastboot fast proper kernel and then yes.
AT&T HTC One - Custom Stock Variant
AT&T Samsung SGS4 - Tinkering
AT&T Samsung SGS3 - CM10 RC2

PluggedLlama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
the only thing i can get loaded at this time is CWM. where do i go from here? im sorry, i thought i had this all figured out but to be honest it turns out i have no idea what im doing.