5,593,793 Members 44,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Control Zune/MP3 Via Nook/Car Mount

Tip us?

LaughingMoose
Old
(Last edited by LaughingMoose; 8th January 2012 at 06:34 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Control Zune/MP3 Via Nook/Car Mount

So I'd like to mount my Nook in my car to use while driving. I'd find it easier to push a large button on a screen larger than my phone/Zune screen. Not to mention my eyes won't leave the road while doing so. I might end up getting a big enough SD card to fit a majority of my music, or setup a hotspot and stream Pandora. How's the Nook's audio quality?

Is there a way to hook up my Zune, via a 3.5mm cable, to my Nook, then to my jack on my radio, to control my Zune's playlist through my Nook?

If you have your Nook mounted in your car, what do you use it for?

Edit: I wanted to see if bluetooth worked on my CM7 ROM, or if I had to set it up. I was able to enable bluetooth, and pair it with my phone. Since this is my first time ever working with this, my bluetooth works, right? I didn't attempt to transfer anything.

skylar.sutton
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingMoose View Post
Is there a way to hook up my Zune, via a 3.5mm cable, to my Nook, then to my jack on my radio, to control my Zune's playlist through my Nook?
No.

The 3.5mm jack on the zune is an output only jack. Even if you could send a data single down that wire, the zune wouldn't do anything with it.

LaughingMoose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That's what I figured. I found out I have an 8GB SD in my Nook, and I don't use it to store anything, so I can add a good portion of my music over.

Is there a preferred music app for the Nook that's recommended to use while driving? Like an app with large pause/play, next buttons, etc.

Thanks