5,593,401 Members 36,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What went wrong? **FIXED!! WOOHOOOO!!!!**

Tip us?

quickbird144
Old
(Last edited by quickbird144; 8th January 2012 at 06:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Here's a little update to bring everyone where I'm at.

I QDL and then flashed the 407 recovery. Grab the 407 update, rename it and put it on the SD. I flash via update from SD card, everything goes by. It reboots and I'm still stuck at the Dell logo.

After about 15 minutes of this, I pull the battery and then it goes to "Start recovery copy" and then reboots. Then brings me BACK to flashing the stock recovery but this time wants me to flash the 305 recovery??

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickbird144 View Post
I've followed everything you just said. I've checked hash files and all are matching. However when you talk about 347, I QDL'd and it put the recovery back to 305 unlocked.

I try to update viaSD card immediately after but it says it can't find the update blah blah. So from 305, I want to flash the appropriate recovery either 360 or 407 and install the 407-update.pkg correct? Then after it reboots from there, do a factory reset? I feel as if I'm very close, just gotta find the right tunnel. I do greatly appreciate all of the help thus far!
If you flashed back to 305 with the QDLTool and can get to fastboot I suggest:

Put the rom file on your SD Card. Make sure it is named update.pkg.

Use fastboot to flash the recovery that matches the ROM, in this case the 407 recovery

use fastboot reboot from the command line to reboot the phone and hold down both volume buttons as it reboots to go directly to the 407 recovery you just flashed. Do not let the phone boot normally or you will have to start over.

Now select the second option to update to 407.

This will wipe all settings, apps, ect., from the phone.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I believe that we cross posted. If you have done the steps in my previous post and are still stuck when you flash the 407 recovery also flash the dsp1.mbn and amss.mbn files for 407 then reboot immediately to recovery and do the update.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

The Following User Says Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quickbird144
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
The phone is pretty much dead now so I'm going to let it charge before I give it another go.

But I believe my problem is dsp1 and the amss files. That's one step that I have not done yet. I think I'm going to QDL again and from there do as you stated.

I did have one question though. My phone was factory unlocked, through all this, is that unlock gone?

Thanks again and I will report back with the results!

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
. . .

I did have one question though. My phone was factory unlocked, through all this, is that unlock gone?

. . .

From what I have read flashing a ROM does not effect the unlock status. I also have an unlocked Streak but have never used it with any other carrier except AT&T so I can not comment from personal experience.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

quickbird144
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default FIXED!!!

I'm back in business!!!

I used the QDL streakflash then the QDL repair tool. Didn't feel like messing around with all those update.pkg's and stupid recoveries so I just flashed CWM recovery, flashed the basebands for Ginger Streak 2.4.4 and it's back up and running!!!!

THANKS A LOT to everyone that helped. I've lost tons of sleep over this and have been up all night trying to get this right and it all paid off. I'm happy
The Following User Says Thank You to quickbird144 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nedinoval
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I'm back in business!!!

I used the QDL streakflash then the QDL repair tool. Didn't feel like messing around with all those update.pkg's and stupid recoveries so I just flashed CWM recovery, flashed the basebands for Ginger Streak 2.4.4 and it's back up and running!!!!

THANKS A LOT to everyone that helped. I've lost tons of sleep over this and have been up all night trying to get this right and it all paid off. I'm happy
congratulation!!! somehow i just can"t go back to stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to nedinoval For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mokokawi
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Re: What went wrong? **FIXED!! WOOHOOOO!!!!**

Glad you got it going. . . . Done the QDL tool acouple times myself

posted from my Pimped out Dell