Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rezound wont charge a dead battery

Tip us?

brownsfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Rezound wont charge a dead battery

So the past two nights iv let my rezound battery go dead. The problem is it wont charge a dead battery. It charges if there is some battery and its on but when it is dead it is dead. The fix was I had to put the rezound battery in my tbolt to get a little bit of juice.

Any ideas or similar problems? I am unlocked with the htc unlock tool and running nils business sense?

Could it be a rom bug?

GordoGuapo
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Don't let your battery die. It's bad for it anyway.

Sent from the Rez Beast

AtLemacks
Old
Thanks Meter 194

DONATE TO ME
Once the battery is dead what does the LED on the phone do? If it blinks for a while it is either too hot or too dead to turn on, but it can still charge eventually. If the LED is not coming on at all I would pull the battery out and connect the charger with no battery and see if the LED comes on. If still no luck, get a new charger.
Current:
T-Mobile-
L1: Nexus 5 CM11 & HTC One M8 GPe
L2: LG G2
L3: Sony Xperia Z1s

Verizon-
Samsung Galaxy SIII

U.S. Army Medic Veteran RLTW! I have a bad attitude, with good intentions.

jdmba
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Default Blinks then Charges

I had the battery die on me once (on a prior battery and prior rezound). The phone will blink orange for a WHILE (I tried 3 different chargers not knowing what it was), but eventually started to charging. I think patience is needed. If, after 15 minutes, you still aren't charging, then that's something (but longer if the phone was also hot).
-----------------------------------
HTC Rezound (Global Blue ROM).

Previous: HTC Incredible <- AT&T Tilt <- e815 <- Startac
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brownsfan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
If I hit he power button with or without the battery in the led will light for a short time. I had it plugged in all night and no charge. I used two different plugs.

As for not letting it die. I know its not ideal but I couldn't help it.

txkorm
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmba View Post
I had the battery die on me once (on a prior battery and prior rezound). The phone will blink orange for a WHILE (I tried 3 different chargers not knowing what it was), but eventually started to charging. I think patience is needed. If, after 15 minutes, you still aren't charging, then that's something (but longer if the phone was also hot).
+1. Same thing here.

KORM via the beast known as the Rezound.

dpiddy14
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
I let my phone die completely once. I freaked out that my phone wasn't charging. I went onto HTC's site and it said that it could take 20 or more for the led to turn on while charging if the phone was completely dead. Just plug it in and be patient. It will charge and the led will eventually turn on.

Sent from my Vigor using xda premium

DLink888
Old
(Last edited by DLink888; 24th January 2012 at 12:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default I had this problem too, and am a little concerned I have a defective phone

So I had this issue happen this weekend. My daughter was using the phone when it died. Couldn't get it restarted. (I am unlocked via HTC, stock ROM with bloat removed. Phone is a week old.)

After messing with it using the factory charger/cable and other chargers/cable combinations I got nothing. Light would only intermittently come on for a second or two then go back off.

I charged it over night with the factory charger/cable. Didn't work the next day. Charged it all day and night with my old charger/cable that I know works. Didn't work.

Tried multiple variations of taking out the Battery/Sim/SD card and using the plug-in chargers & CPU USB variations with no success.

Luckily, I had ordered a new spare battery and it came in the mail before I returned the phone. Plugged it and it started up fine.

But my concern is that my phone is not properly charging. I have also had other similar charging/battery life issues that raise concern.

As far as not letting it die, **** happens and phones die, if this is a reoccurring problem, that in my mind is pretty unacceptable. A phone should charge when its plugged in no matter what. I may end up returning it to see If just got a defective phone/battery.

brisdaddy1207
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
My phone will turn on then off and im starting to think it has something to do with the battery. But when it started it was in tue yelllow on the status bar, now i have it charging without being turned on and the indicator light is on but hopping mine will fire up soon. This all just happened to me within the last two hours lol, already called verizon to get a replacement but still going down there tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium

andybones
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLink888 View Post
So I had this issue happen this weekend. My daughter was using the phone when it died. Couldn't get it restarted. (I am unlocked via HTC, stock ROM with bloat removed. Phone is a week old.)

After messing with it using the factory charger/cable and other chargers/cable combinations I got nothing. Light would only intermittently come on for a second or two then go back off.

I charged it over night with the factory charger/cable. Didn't work the next day. Charged it all day and night with my old charger/cable that I know works. Didn't work.

Tried multiple variations of taking out the Battery/Sim/SD card and using the plug-in chargers & CPU USB variations with no success.

Luckily, I had ordered a new spare battery and it came in the mail before I returned the phone. Plugged it and it started up fine.

But my concern is that my phone is not properly charging. I have also had other similar charging/battery life issues that raise concern.

As far as not letting it die, **** happens and phones die, if this is a reoccurring problem, that in my mind is pretty unacceptable. A phone should charge when its plugged in no matter what. I may end up returning it to see If just got a defective phone/battery.
As far as not letting it die, **** happens and phones die.

--I agree, but once it gets down to 5%, why not just turn it off knowing the problems people are having so wide spread now.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.