[May 25, 2013][ROM][4.0.4][720p] NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA V3.0b [NativeSD]

OP tytung

5th June 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #7351  
Flag Hawalli -Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 58

106 posts
More
Important information concerning Leo flashing algorithm:

Leo is manufactured with 2 different NAND-Flash ROM chipset types. You can detect the type entering tri-color boot mode.
If you see
PB81120 SS-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Samsung - KBY00U00VM
If you have
PB1120 HX-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Hynix - h8BFS0WU0MCR

After one year usage Samsung chipset usually has a dozen of bad clusters. Hynix normally has none of them or just a couple.

So for devices with SS-B3 and Samsung chipset recommended flashing algorithm is the following:
1. Task29
2. Task32

For devices with HX-B(3/С) and Hynix chipset - Task28 is totally acceptable.

The chipset information is provided by haccker

Awesome post from minhduong11 on other thread.. fortunately i have hynix chipset but i dont know how to do task28 ..can somebody shed some light on this 2 tasks or difference between them .
The Following User Says Thank You to abdealiv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #7352  
Flag Madras
Thanks Meter: 1,442

1,871 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallcho

How can i check how many MB left in System ?

I use this - Safe Partitioning - How to Confirm. There are of course other ways to do it without needing a computer, but I go by this.
5th June 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #7353  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x

It should be "LS - L" in lower case
The output would something like this:
Attachment 1109158
Note: This image is not for this ROM!!!

What I wanted to check was the sizes and permissions the files have.

Problem seem to be that there no .dex files in the dalvik-cache that represents the /system/framework/* - without which the OS of course cannot boot.

Are you sure the MD5 checksums match? Are you sure you do not have any bad blocks in your /data? Can you try including the 40ad2sdx script or the this script which I use in the zip file of the ROM - in the /system/etc/init.d directory and flash afresh? You seem to be having a SD-EXT partition, did you format it too?

Okay here is what I get

From what I understand this is proof of no bad blocks

Indeed at one time I made the EXT partition, after many repartitions.
But I'm not going to do any difficult things(scripts etc.) until I get this rom working.
Yes checksum matched om sd card and pc.
I don't know if I am smart enough to do your script lol
Note: I can get the Gingerbread nexushd2 rom working, and another gb one also.
Even tried another usb cable...
5th June 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #7354  
Flag Madras
Thanks Meter: 1,442

1,871 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarkk

Okay here is what I get

From what I understand this is proof of no bad blocks

Indeed at one time I made the EXT partition, after many repartitions.
But I'm not going to do any difficult things(scripts etc.) until I get this rom working.
Yes checksum matched om sd card and pc.
I don't know if I am smart enough to do your script lol
Note: I can get the Gingerbread nexushd2 rom working, and another gb one also.
Even tried another usb cable...

Umm.. easiest way to check bad blocks - format all partition in ClockWorkMod and see the recovery log (after formatting, go to advanced in ClockWorkMod and choose report error, this will save a log in your sdcard/clockworkmod directory).

For the script - pretty simple. Open the zip file for the 40ad2sdx script and navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag and drop the file (40ad2sdx) to desktop (assuming Windows). (Or download the script I had linked and save it to desktop - remove the .txt extension if you want to). Open v2.2 ROM's zip file in WinRAR, navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag n drop the script file from the desktop to the init.d directory. Copy the ROM's zip file to SD Card and flash as usual. This WILL change the MD5 checksum though, because you are modifying the .zip file.

Right now I am trying to figure where the problem lies - why the framework is not getting dex'ed to dalvik-cache, and these are plain shooting in the dark steps. Have you tried any other ICS ROMs, did they work?
5th June 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #7355  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x

Umm.. easiest way to check bad blocks - format all partition in ClockWorkMod and see the recovery log (after formatting, go to advanced in ClockWorkMod and choose report error, this will save a log in your sdcard/clockworkmod directory).

For the script - pretty simple. Open the zip file for the 40ad2sdx script and navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag and drop the file (40ad2sdx) to desktop (assuming Windows). (Or download the script I had linked and save it to desktop - remove the .txt extension if you want to). Open v2.2 ROM's zip file in WinRAR, navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag n drop the script file from the desktop to the init.d directory. Copy the ROM's zip file to SD Card and flash as usual. This WILL change the MD5 checksum though, because you are modifying the .zip file.

Right now I am trying to figure where the problem lies - why the framework is not getting dex'ed to dalvik-cache, and these are plain shooting in the dark steps. Have you tried any other ICS ROMs, did they work?

Thank you!
Going to check for the bad blocks now.
And going to work on your script.
I have not tried another ICS rom, in fact the GBnexushd2 rom was the first rom I ever had on my hd2 for many months before trying to go to ICS now.

Edit:

Erase failures??
Last edited by mmarkk; 5th June 2012 at 11:12 PM.
5th June 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #7356  
Thanks Meter: 241

864 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmacas

I have a question: Is it normal that it lasts some time (short to middle lag) until apps are going to start? After the apps started they are working so nice and without any lag.

I asked because that's what I am experiencing. I am using a class 10 sd card and a2sd. I have installed about 105 user apps and I am using the go launcher.

Any advice?

Gesendet von meinem NexusHD2 mit Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Soko

Try a Class 6 card. Should be faster.

Ciao,
Joachim

Actually, the higher class number the faster card it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln357 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #7357  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 362

1,782 posts
More
Actually, after 6 it's pointless.

Class 10 or 10mbyte/second can only be reached on sequencial writing. Random writing is still a class 6, and Android is pretty random
5th June 2012, 11:49 PM   |  #7358  

864 posts
More
True,but you cannot point to class 6 as a faster one than class 10...
5th June 2012, 11:49 PM   |  #7359  
Flag cairo

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdealiv

Important information concerning Leo flashing algorithm:

Leo is manufactured with 2 different NAND-Flash ROM chipset types. You can detect the type entering tri-color boot mode.
If you see
PB81120 SS-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Samsung - KBY00U00VM
If you have
PB1120 HX-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Hynix - h8BFS0WU0MCR

After one year usage Samsung chipset usually has a dozen of bad clusters. Hynix normally has none of them or just a couple.

mine says PB81110 HX-BC ??
6th June 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #7360  

864 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimorshid

mine says PB81110 HX-BC ??

Hynix.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.3, 4.0.4, ics cm9, nativesd, nexushd2, tytung, wifi