Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[May 25, 2013][ROM][4.0.4][720p] NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA V3.0b [NativeSD]

Tip us?
 
abdealiv
Old
#7351  
abdealiv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 105
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hawalli -Kuwait
Important information concerning Leo flashing algorithm:

Leo is manufactured with 2 different NAND-Flash ROM chipset types. You can detect the type entering tri-color boot mode.
If you see
PB81120 SS-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Samsung - KBY00U00VM
If you have
PB1120 HX-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Hynix - h8BFS0WU0MCR

After one year usage Samsung chipset usually has a dozen of bad clusters. Hynix normally has none of them or just a couple.

So for devices with SS-B3 and Samsung chipset recommended flashing algorithm is the following:
1. Task29
2. Task32

For devices with HX-B(3/С) and Hynix chipset - Task28 is totally acceptable.

The chipset information is provided by haccker

Awesome post from minhduong11 on other thread.. fortunately i have hynix chipset but i dont know how to do task28 ..can somebody shed some light on this 2 tasks or difference between them .
The Following User Says Thank You to abdealiv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ph03n!x
Old
#7352  
ph03n!x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1393
Posts: 1,841
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Madras
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallcho View Post
How can i check how many MB left in System ?
I use this - Safe Partitioning - How to Confirm. There are of course other ways to do it without needing a computer, but I go by this.
Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) | HW Ver: MP 1.300
Baseband: N7100DDUFND1 | Build: KOT49H.N7100XXUFND3 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.2.2

Undervolting, ABB, and more - All you need to know...

HTC HD2 (TMOUS) | Radio: 2.15.50.14 | HSPL: 3.03
cLK 1.5.1.3 | CWM 5.0.2.7 B8 Touch

No Sound issue with BT - Fixed!
Custom Autobrightness Levels with Flashing LEDs - Fixed!
Native Mount DataOnEXT with DalvikOnNAND

HP Touchpad 16GB
Moboot 0.3.5 | CWM 5.0.2.6
WebOS 3.0.5 | CyanogenMod CM9 (Nightly)
 
mmarkk
Old
#7353  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
It should be "LS - L" in lower case
The output would something like this:
Attachment 1109158
Note: This image is not for this ROM!!!

What I wanted to check was the sizes and permissions the files have.

Problem seem to be that there no .dex files in the dalvik-cache that represents the /system/framework/* - without which the OS of course cannot boot.

Are you sure the MD5 checksums match? Are you sure you do not have any bad blocks in your /data? Can you try including the 40ad2sdx script or the this script which I use in the zip file of the ROM - in the /system/etc/init.d directory and flash afresh? You seem to be having a SD-EXT partition, did you format it too?
Okay here is what I get



From what I understand this is proof of no bad blocks



Indeed at one time I made the EXT partition, after many repartitions.
But I'm not going to do any difficult things(scripts etc.) until I get this rom working.
Yes checksum matched om sd card and pc.
I don't know if I am smart enough to do your script lol
Note: I can get the Gingerbread nexushd2 rom working, and another gb one also.
Even tried another usb cable...
 
ph03n!x
Old
#7354  
ph03n!x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1393
Posts: 1,841
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Madras
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarkk View Post
Okay here is what I get



From what I understand this is proof of no bad blocks



Indeed at one time I made the EXT partition, after many repartitions.
But I'm not going to do any difficult things(scripts etc.) until I get this rom working.
Yes checksum matched om sd card and pc.
I don't know if I am smart enough to do your script lol
Note: I can get the Gingerbread nexushd2 rom working, and another gb one also.
Even tried another usb cable...
Umm.. easiest way to check bad blocks - format all partition in ClockWorkMod and see the recovery log (after formatting, go to advanced in ClockWorkMod and choose report error, this will save a log in your sdcard/clockworkmod directory).

For the script - pretty simple. Open the zip file for the 40ad2sdx script and navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag and drop the file (40ad2sdx) to desktop (assuming Windows). (Or download the script I had linked and save it to desktop - remove the .txt extension if you want to). Open v2.2 ROM's zip file in WinRAR, navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag n drop the script file from the desktop to the init.d directory. Copy the ROM's zip file to SD Card and flash as usual. This WILL change the MD5 checksum though, because you are modifying the .zip file.

Right now I am trying to figure where the problem lies - why the framework is not getting dex'ed to dalvik-cache, and these are plain shooting in the dark steps. Have you tried any other ICS ROMs, did they work?
Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) | HW Ver: MP 1.300
Baseband: N7100DDUFND1 | Build: KOT49H.N7100XXUFND3 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.2.2

Undervolting, ABB, and more - All you need to know...

HTC HD2 (TMOUS) | Radio: 2.15.50.14 | HSPL: 3.03
cLK 1.5.1.3 | CWM 5.0.2.7 B8 Touch

No Sound issue with BT - Fixed!
Custom Autobrightness Levels with Flashing LEDs - Fixed!
Native Mount DataOnEXT with DalvikOnNAND

HP Touchpad 16GB
Moboot 0.3.5 | CWM 5.0.2.6
WebOS 3.0.5 | CyanogenMod CM9 (Nightly)
 
mmarkk
Old
(Last edited by mmarkk; 5th June 2012 at 10:12 PM.)
#7355  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Umm.. easiest way to check bad blocks - format all partition in ClockWorkMod and see the recovery log (after formatting, go to advanced in ClockWorkMod and choose report error, this will save a log in your sdcard/clockworkmod directory).

For the script - pretty simple. Open the zip file for the 40ad2sdx script and navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag and drop the file (40ad2sdx) to desktop (assuming Windows). (Or download the script I had linked and save it to desktop - remove the .txt extension if you want to). Open v2.2 ROM's zip file in WinRAR, navigate to /system/etc/init.d and drag n drop the script file from the desktop to the init.d directory. Copy the ROM's zip file to SD Card and flash as usual. This WILL change the MD5 checksum though, because you are modifying the .zip file.

Right now I am trying to figure where the problem lies - why the framework is not getting dex'ed to dalvik-cache, and these are plain shooting in the dark steps. Have you tried any other ICS ROMs, did they work?

Thank you!
Going to check for the bad blocks now.
And going to work on your script.
I have not tried another ICS rom, in fact the GBnexushd2 rom was the first rom I ever had on my hd2 for many months before trying to go to ICS now.

Edit:



Erase failures??
 
Lincoln357
Old
#7356  
Lincoln357's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 862
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmacas View Post
I have a question: Is it normal that it lasts some time (short to middle lag) until apps are going to start? After the apps started they are working so nice and without any lag.

I asked because that's what I am experiencing. I am using a class 10 sd card and a2sd. I have installed about 105 user apps and I am using the go launcher.

Any advice?

Gesendet von meinem NexusHD2 mit Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Soko View Post
Try a Class 6 card. Should be faster.

Ciao,
Joachim
Actually, the higher class number the faster card it is.
Motorola Razr XT910K Finally unbricked - Multiboot:
#1 stock slot AICP 4.4.4
#2 SlimKat 4.4.4 - Build 6

#3 Carbon 4.4.4
#4 [KitKat] Liquidsmooth 3.1
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
HTC HD2 KitKat 4.4.2 NexusHD2 V4.3
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln357 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
daedric
Old
#7357  
daedric's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 337
Posts: 1,674
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Porto
Actually, after 6 it's pointless.

Class 10 or 10mbyte/second can only be reached on sequencial writing. Random writing is still a class 6, and Android is pretty random

HTC Kaiser . CM6 ......... OC@530mHz - Kitchen Watch with NTP .
HTC Leo .... CMX OC@1.19gHz, Jellybean
HTC Ace .... CMX OC@1.5gHz, ICS + Sense 4.0
 
Lincoln357
Old
#7358  
Lincoln357's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 862
Join Date: Oct 2008
True,but you cannot point to class 6 as a faster one than class 10...
Motorola Razr XT910K Finally unbricked - Multiboot:
#1 stock slot AICP 4.4.4
#2 SlimKat 4.4.4 - Build 6

#3 Carbon 4.4.4
#4 [KitKat] Liquidsmooth 3.1
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
HTC HD2 KitKat 4.4.2 NexusHD2 V4.3
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP
 
alimorshid
Old
#7359  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: cairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdealiv View Post
Important information concerning Leo flashing algorithm:

Leo is manufactured with 2 different NAND-Flash ROM chipset types. You can detect the type entering tri-color boot mode.
If you see
PB81120 SS-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Samsung - KBY00U00VM
If you have
PB1120 HX-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Hynix - h8BFS0WU0MCR

After one year usage Samsung chipset usually has a dozen of bad clusters. Hynix normally has none of them or just a couple.

.
mine says PB81110 HX-BC ??
 
Lincoln357
Old
#7360  
Lincoln357's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 862
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimorshid View Post
mine says PB81110 HX-BC ??
Hynix.
Motorola Razr XT910K Finally unbricked - Multiboot:
#1 stock slot AICP 4.4.4
#2 SlimKat 4.4.4 - Build 6

#3 Carbon 4.4.4
#4 [KitKat] Liquidsmooth 3.1
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
HTC HD2 KitKat 4.4.2 NexusHD2 V4.3
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP

Tags
4.0.3, 4.0.4, ics cm9, nativesd, nexushd2, tytung, wifi
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes