No registration required

[FAQ][GUIDE]FAQ: IncS Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 ROM & HBOOT 2.00.0000

OP tpbklake

22nd April 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #31  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 68

241 posts
More
Hi there. Im running CM 7.2 RC1 on my IncS Vivo. Its S-ON. Im just wondering if i can flash the Tiamat Kernel v1.1.5 onto it?? A community member said that you had posted some method for this but im not able to find that thread.
22nd April 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #32  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,705

3,829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertDumbNick

Hi there. Im running CM 7.2 RC1 on my IncS Vivo. Its S-ON. Im just wondering if i can flash the Tiamat Kernel v1.1.5 onto it?? A community member said that you had posted some method for this but im not able to find that thread.

If you look in the Tiamat Kernel zip file and it has a boot.img file it is, then you should be able to extract the boot.img file and flash it manually in FASTBOOT USB mode as discussed in the FAQ OP.
22nd April 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #33  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 995

1,627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake

If you look in the Tiamat Kernel zip file and it has a boot.img file it is, then you should be able to extract the boot.img file and flash it manually in FASTBOOT USB mode as discussed in the FAQ OP.

There is no boot.img file in the kernel downloaded from the tiamat site iirc, but kaijura has created a workaround in his ice cold sandwich thread for s-on users.

That said I do believe there is some merit in getting a confirmation on your post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41&postcount=3 besides for ease of flashing roms and kernels for s-on users it could also decrease our tech support workload
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonverbose For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #34  

3,829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonverbose

There is no boot.img file in the kernel downloaded from the tiamat site iirc, but kaijura has created a workaround in his ice cold sandwich thread for s-on users.

That said I do believe there is some merit in getting a confirmation on your post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41&postcount=3 besides for ease of flashing roms and kernels for s-on users it could also decrease our tech support workload

Yes I saw your post with the reference after I posted on this thread. It would be good to verify if this would work.
24th April 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #35  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
More
Thanks
You are a legend. Was stuck at the hTC screen after loading Virtuous Quattro in IncS hboot 2.00.000 and you saved my life! Thanks heaps.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagarkoirala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #36  
Flag Regina, Saskatchewan
Thanks Meter: 461

884 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarkoirala

You are a legend. Was stuck at the hTC screen after loading Virtuous Quattro in IncS hboot 2.00.000 and you saved my life! Thanks heaps.

I think sagarkoirala says it well,tpbklake you are a wealth of information,Thanks for all your help,you are unreal!
6th September 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #37  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake

OK with the Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 update now available, there has been a lot of common questions and situations being posted in the forum, so this is my attempt to help answer some of these questions, but this is not a noob tutorial by any means.

If you don't understand an answer, then you need to search and research to gain an understanding on what the answer is telling you and how to do it.

Personally I found a lot of the answers that I presented here in some of the other HTC forums. The Desire S has had an unlockable bootloader longer than the IncS has, therefore there is a wealth of information over in their forum. The HTC Sensation and Droid Incredible 2 forums both has some valuable information, too.

Update 4/10/2012:
HTC has released a OTA update for Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 and has bumped the HBOOT version to 2.01.0001. This version can still be unlocked at HTCDEV.com and has also been verified to work with nonverbose's Downgrade Script Tool to gain S-OFF.

FAQ: IncS Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 ROM & HBOOT 2.00.0000/2.01.0001

Q: I have S-OFF via Revolutionary, but when I attempted to run the Sense 3.0 OTA, I still have version xxxx on my IncS. How do I update to Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0?

A: The Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT prevents you from overwriting it and losing S-OFF, therefore the OTA update actually failed and probably replaced your custom recovery with the standard HTC recovery.

You will be better off in the long run keeping the Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT rather than trying to install the 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 OTA/RUU. Although HBOOT 2.00.0000 can be unlocked using the procedure at HTCDEV.com, it does not give you the same flexibility that Rev. S-OFF does.

Reinstall either ClockworkMod or EXT4 recovery.
Pick a custom ROM from the Development Section. If you like HTC Sense, you have several Sense 3.0 and Sense 3.5 ROMs to choose from. Otherwise look at the AOSP solutions such as CM7 and MIUI.

Q: I have S-OFF via Revolutionary and replaced ClockworkMod/EXT4 with the standard HTC recovery in order to run the 2.3.5/Sense OTA. The update looks like it completed but when it rebooted the phone get hung on the white HTC screen.

A: The Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 ROM requires that HBOOT 2.00.0000 be in place in order to successfully boot and run. Because the Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT prevents you from overwriting it and losing S-OFF, HBOOT 2.00.0000 did not get flashed and so the ROM cannot boot.

Once again you will be better off in the long run keeping the Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT rather than trying to install the 2.3.5/Sense 3.0 OTA/RUU.

Reinstall either ClockworkMod or EXT4 recovery.
Pick a custom ROM from the Development Section. If you like HTC Sense, you have several Sense 3.0 and Sense 3.5 ROMs to choose from. Otherwise you have CM7, AOSP and MIUI to choose from.

Q: My IncS was shipped with HBOOT 2.00.0000. How do I S-OFF and root so I can flash a custom ROM?

A: Community member nonverbose has written a tool and guide for getting S-OFF with HBOOT 1.16.0000 and this tool and guide has been confirmed to also work with HBOOT 2.00.0000 and HBOOT 2.01.0001 when the bootloader is in an UNLOCKED state.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1373697

Q: My IncS was shipped with HBOOT 2.00.0000 but Revolutionary does not support this version. How can I downgrade the HBOOT in order to run Revolutionary and get S-OFF?

A: Community member nonverbose has written a tool and guide for getting S-OFF with HBOOT 1.16.0000 and this tool and guide has been confirmed to also work with HBOOT 2.00.0000 when the bootloader is in an UNLOCKED state.

Q: I have unlocked HBOOT 2.00.0000 using the procedure at HTCDEV.com, but my phone is still showing S-ON. How do I get S-OFF and root?

A: Community member nonverbose has written a tool and guide for getting S-OFF with HBOOT 1.16.0000 and this tool and guide has been confirmed to also work with HBOOT 2.00.0000 when the bootloader is in an UNLOCKED state.

Q: I have unlocked HBOOT 2.00.000 using the procedure at HTCDEV.com and have installed a custom recovery and flash custom ROM xxxxxx, but it now hangs at the white HTC screen and wonít boot.

A: With the unlocked HBOOT 2.00.0000 the boot partition is mounted ReadOnly in Recovery mode, thus when you attempt to flash a custom ROM, the boot.img is not correctly updated.

You must manually extract the boot.img from the romís zip file and flash it in FASTBOOT USB mode.

Since you have an unlocked HBOOT 2.00.0000, then you have installed the Android SDK with adb.exe and fastboot.exe. Open the romís zip file and extract and copy the boot.img file to the same directory where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are installed.
Boot the phone into HBOOT by holding the Volume Down key and the Power key.
On the HBOOT menu select the FASTBOOT option.
Connect your phone to the PC.
From the PC type:
fastboot devices
You should see your device serial number output to the PC screen.
From the PC type:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
You should see the results of the boot.img being written.
From the PC type:
fastboot reboot
The phone should then reboot normally.

Q: I have unlocked HBOOT 2.00.0000 and I flashed custom ROM xxxxx. Now when I attempt to restore a nandroid backup I made of Sense 3.0/2.3.5 ROM, it hangs at the white HTC screen and wonít boot.

A: With the unlocked HBOOT 2.00.0000 the boot partition is mounted ReadOnly in Recovery mode, thus when you attempt to a previous backup, the boot.img is not correctly updated.

You must manually copy the boot.img file from the backup directory on your SD card and flash it in FASTBOOT USB mode.

Nandroid backups created in recovery mode are located on the SD card in the directory /clockworkmod/backup. Each backup will have its own folder and inside that folder you will find the boot.img file. Copy it to the same folder where you have installed adb.exe and fastboot.exe.

Boot the phone into HBOOT by holding the Volume Down key and the Power key.
On the HBOOT menu select the FASTBOOT option.
Connect your phone to the PC.
From the PC type:
fastboot devices
You should see your device serial number output to the PC screen.
From the PC type:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
You should see the results of the boot.img being written.
From the PC type:
fastboot reboot
The phone should then reboot normally.

thx!!
9th September 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #38  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 176

375 posts
More
It's general question related to flashing boot.img..
I want to flash a new ROM, do I flash the ROM first then the new boot.img, or Boot.img first then the new ROM? What order does this critical process fall into? Sorry for the question, I'm kinda confused. My assumption is I can do in any order, but I shouldn't boot my device in between the process. Either flash boot.img AND Rom then reboot or flash Rom then boot.IMG. could some one pls confirm..
9th September 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #39  

3,829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb0rgz

It's general question related to flashing boot.img..
I want to flash a new ROM, do I flash the ROM first then the new boot.img, or Boot.img first then the new ROM? What order does this critical process fall into? Sorry for the question, I'm kinda confused. My assumption is I can do in any order, but I shouldn't boot my device in between the process. Either flash boot.img AND Rom then reboot or flash Rom then boot.IMG. could some one pls confirm..

Flash the ROM in recovery mode(after following the instructions, such as wiping, etc.) then reboot into FASTBOOT USB mode and flash the boot.img. Then you are ready to reboot the phone normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpbklake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 6

43 posts
worked well thx and gratz

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread