Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME][2.1+] Chess Mates Beta

Tip us?

Barnickol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [GAME][2.1+] Chess Mates Beta

Hey all, I've been writing a correspondence style chess game that I plan to release to the market in a few weeks. If you are willing to play a game or two and let me know if you see any problems, it would be a huge help!
Download

Currently I've only done layouts for phones, but will be working on tablet and Kindle Fire support over the next few weeks.

Thanks!
http://cm.aptitudelabs.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnickol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barnickol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks to everyone that has joined so far! I should mention that the player base is still pretty small - you will always start a game immediately and can move, but it may be a little while until an opponent makes their first move.
Unless something going horribly, terribly wrong I plan on rolling the server database forward for the Market release so you won't have to reregister and the game client will pop up a message when that is available.

Also feel free to follow Chess Mates on Google+ for more updates.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/113317349141875176540
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnickol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hewlett777
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Looks interesting, will try it out
The Following User Says Thank You to hewlett777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phnord
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Neat - I'll check it out
The Following User Says Thank You to phnord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrBrainGames
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Looks good
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBrainGames For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spiriteq
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank's! Good job! I like chess
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiriteq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sam_m
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hey this is awesome! I love chess against real people instead of the computer because the computer always beats me
The only problem I see so far is the player names on game board get cutoff at bottom on my samsung galaxy S2.
The Following User Says Thank You to sam_m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barnickol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The only problem I see so far is the player names on game board get cutoff at bottom on my samsung galaxy S2.
Thanks for pointing this out, I'll be pushing out an update this weekend, you should get a notification in-app when it is available.

sam_m
Old
Thanks Meter 3
maybe show the last made move when scrolling through previous moves like you do when the game board first opens?
The Following User Says Thank You to sam_m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barnickol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
We published an update last night with several UI improvements and a completely new look for the chat:

There are some minor issues for ICS and the landscape view of larger devices so we will be pushing another update this weekend. Thanks again!