Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 37,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Tile World Clock, Now Supports Wide Tile, more customizations available

Tip us?

Thunder_
Old
(Last edited by Thunder_; 22nd March 2012 at 04:59 PM.) Reason: Update to 2.5
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Lightbulb [App] Tile World Clock, Now Supports Wide Tile, more customizations available

Since the keyboard disappearing issue has been resolved with the new ROM, it may be a good time to share the Tile World Clock Tool.

Features:

1. Pin the clock for any timezone you choose to your desktop
2. Clock will be updated every minute.
3. 8 different clock types to choose from.
4. Dynamic updated tile according to your theme.

Disclaimer: The clock on the tile may not be correct for various reasons. Please use the system clock for important times.

1. When background updating is working, the clock may delay for 1 minute.
2. When backgrond updating is not working for various reasions, for example, battery saving mode. The clock on the tile will stop.

2012.01.11: Update to 2.2. Minor update. The clock will be slightly more accurate (Delay within 5 seconds in my test)
2012.01.31: Update to 2.3. Supporting Wide Tile as requested. Require InterOp Unlock. This version may not be very stable at this moment. Is this the first Home Brew that supports dynamic wide tile?

Help Needed: Is there any good code who can save PNG file with low footprint and high quality?
2012.02.29: Found a really memory efficient PNG encoder. Now it is time to continue my development.

2012.03.14: Update to 2.5. More customization options available. You can even choose a picture from your library as background.

2012.03.22: Added a slightly updated new 2.5 XAP. Changed a few background images. Fixed a bug so that two line style Time/Date is correctly displayed at center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TileWorldClock1.JPG
Views:	2628
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	848869   Click image for larger version

Name:	TileWorldClock3.JPG
Views:	2301
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	848870   Click image for larger version

Name:	TileWorldClock4.JPG
Views:	1419
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	848871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (2).jpg
Views:	2690
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	879508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (8).jpg
Views:	2446
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	946337  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (10).jpg
Views:	1599
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	946338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (11).jpg
Views:	617
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	946339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (13).jpg
Views:	620
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	946340  
Attached Files
File Type: xap TileWorldClock2.2.xap - [Click for QR Code] (477.4 KB, 1851 views)
File Type: xap TileWorldClock 2.3.xap - [Click for QR Code] (585.2 KB, 1638 views)
File Type: xap TileWorldClock - 2.5.xap - [Click for QR Code] (1.18 MB, 857 views)
File Type: xap TileWorldClock - 2.5 new.xap - [Click for QR Code] (1.18 MB, 6044 views)
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Thunder_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samnas2
Old
(Last edited by samnas2; 9th January 2012 at 06:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
For me it took around 5-6 (sometimes around 10) minutes to update the tile, with background tasks running. Nothing can be done i guess.

But an awesome app, nonetheless.

Thanks

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Very Nice App. I had no issues in time update with background update turned on. We also did a video review on wpxbox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBoreopVpuk

I will suggest you to give user option to how often they want to which can be anything between one minute to 30 minutes.

A bit more but you can think of combining reminders with each tile so it triggers them in that time zone.
The Following User Says Thank You to wpxbox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Osso17
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Thanks.....Good application works properly on my Omnia 7

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpxbox View Post
Very Nice App. I had no issues in time update with background update turned on. We also did a video review on wpxbox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBoreopVpuk

I will suggest you to give user option to how often they want to which can be anything between one minute to 30 minutes.

A bit more but you can think of combining reminders with each tile so it triggers them in that time zone.
Thanks for the review.

Is there anyone interested in a clock that can delay upto 30 minutes?

As for the reminder, I think counting down and time ellapsed/stop watch could be good ideas.

HenryTheX
Old
Thanks Meter 6
could you make this app luks more offficial? Obiviously you used the wired font fron the default OS tile font, it need tweaks

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyhchina View Post
could you make this app luks more offficial? Obiviously you used the wired font fron the default OS tile font, it need tweaks
That's good suggestions that I should take. Unfortunately, I am not so good at UI designing. If you have more specific suggestions, pleaes let me know.

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Delay till 30 minutes can be only suitable for one set of time, When I get to sleep. Saves Battery. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Aaron McCarthy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
If you could make the tile look the the HTC sense flip clock this would get a gazillion downloads :P especially if it does update properly every minute

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
HTC Touch (Telus) - (old)
HTC Fuze (AT&T) ATT test rom Radio 1.12.25.19 OS AKU 1.4.6 Build 20771 - (old)
HTC Fuze [ROM][3.06.09] Official HTC Fuze ROM Update- Version 5.11.502.2 WWE - (old)
HTC Tilt 2 (AT&T)|R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23127 |Aug 28th| ★ Sense 2.5 ★ COOKIE
Original Stock AT&T Radio
also...
Samsung Focus|WP7|
HTC Titan|WP7|

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpxbox View Post
Delay till 30 minutes can be only suitable for one set of time, When I get to sleep. Saves Battery. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
In my app, this won't happen. I mentioned this in response to your suggestion to allow user to select how frequent they could update the clock.