Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Tile World Clock, Now Supports Wide Tile, more customizations available

Tip us?

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron McCarthy View Post
If you could make the tile look the the HTC sense flip clock this would get a gazillion downloads :P especially if it does update properly every minute

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The clock images can change but no animation is possible. But my intention is to match the tile format since art is not my specialty. If anybody interested in making it more beautiful, please let me know.

devassist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Clock Name bug

I discovered a bug when entering a Clock Name that uses a space such as "New York". After using a space I am unable to enter any more characters - the keys no longer worked. But, I could get around this by exiting the app and starting it again and continuing the "York" part of the clock name.

Other people that only include cities without a space in the name would not encounter this bug.
So far, a good & practical app otherwise as I have only used it for 20 mins.
Well done!

contable
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Another cool app after the office/pdf uploader. I really like it !

Could you allow to add a custom background (.jpg) image for the live tile ?

Greetz

contable

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by devassist View Post
I discovered a bug when entering a Clock Name that uses a space such as "New York". After using a space I am unable to enter any more characters - the keys no longer worked. But, I could get around this by exiting the app and starting it again and continuing the "York" part of the clock name.

Other people that only include cities without a space in the name would not encounter this bug.
So far, a good & practical app otherwise as I have only used it for 20 mins.
Well done!
Can't find any code in this page that will lead to this behavior. And the same issue did not appear in my test. However, your symptom looks very similiar to the keyboard disappearing bug of Mango. You may want to upgrade to 8107 or disable background task to verify.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by contable View Post
Another cool app after the office/pdf uploader. I really like it !

Could you allow to add a custom background (.jpg) image for the live tile ?

Greetz

contable
Any specifics for this request? Select a picture from the phone library? If so, that will involve quite a bit of image resizing work.

devassist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_ View Post
Can't find any code in this page that will lead to this behavior. And the same issue did not appear in my test. However, your symptom looks very similiar to the keyboard disappearing bug of Mango. You may want to upgrade to 8107 or disable background task to verify.
Yes, you are right. It was a problem at my end. Thanks!

eric1204
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Disclaimer: The clock on the tile may not be correct for various reasons. Please use the system clock for important times.
Actually this problem happen on my mozart with mango 8107 rom. The time just stop at battery save on and close screen. Sometimes need repin clock tile then work again. Hope next version fix that issue.

anyway , this is awesome project. Thank you!

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1204 View Post
Actually this problem happen on my mozart with mango 8107 rom. The time just stop at battery save on and close screen. Sometimes need repin clock tile then work again. Hope next version fix that issue.

anyway , this is awesome project. Thank you!
This is a limitation of WP7. I have no idea how to fix it at this moment.

contable
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Any specifics for this request? Select a picture from the phone library? If so, that will involve quite a bit of image resizing work.
Selecting a picture from the picture hub only allows to use .jpg files.
I would prefer to choose a picture from the isolated storage of your app so itīs possible to use .jpg or .png files. The files can be copied easyly to the isolated storage with Windows Phone Power Tools. Just a suggestion...

Anyway itīs great. I have tested it over the night and the tile didnīt stop to work.
The difference to the system time is max. 1 minute....

Thunder_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by contable View Post
Selecting a picture from the picture hub only allows to use .jpg files.
I would prefer to choose a picture from the isolated storage of your app so itīs possible to use .jpg or .png files. The files can be copied easyly to the isolated storage with Windows Phone Power Tools. Just a suggestion...

Anyway itīs great. I have tested it over the night and the tile didnīt stop to work.
The difference to the system time is max. 1 minute....
Understand your point. Don't think this a common request but I will try when I got time.

As for the time difference, my application currently runs every 60 seconds. That's where the difference comes from. But I recently found a way to reduce the difference to, let's say, five seconds. I upload the new verion when I complete it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]