Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CWM] Precise Volume Control, Smooth Scrolling and Battery Drain Fix

Tip us?

nabildanial
Old
(Last edited by nabildanial; 13th January 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Arrow [CWM] Precise Volume Control, Smooth Scrolling and Battery Drain Fix

Precise Volume Control, Smooth Scrolling and Battery Drain Fix

This is a modified framework.jar and framework.odex based on the tutorial here --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1411317
This mod is tested working on ICS Final by Jusada. I don't know if this mod is isn't working for others. One thing for sure, this works for CyanogenMod 7.2. I haven't try flash it on other ROMs, so, if this works for you, do tell me. I'll let the others know.

Some of the users feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by itasoulas View Post
testing for almost a day with heavy use...battery life is definately better and I'm not having a "placebo effect"

good job, script recommended!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonk View Post
After 3 days using this mod, i can say it's amazing for my phone. My battery life increased almost twice. I used my phone as usual - always 3G and wi-fi on, few 5-6 mins phone calls and a lot of browsing in market and browser. Few minutes of Angry Birds Rio (I'm not a fan of games, my girlfriend plays) and almost 45 mins of watching online TV. My battery last more than two and a half days!!! This is something unthinkable until now. The volume steps are 30 and smooth scolling is working well for me too.
Thank you for this mod!!!

Basically, this a patch of :
  • A more precise volume control (Volume steps mod)
  • A smoother overall scrolling (Smooth scroll mod)
  • Fixed a CyanogenMod 7.2 battery drain issue

Volume steps mod
- People who use Android may complain about the big jump of the volume control.
- By using this mod, the volume steps are changed to 30 steps instead of the default 15 so the volume control becomes more precise.

Smooth scroll mod
- Some application developers recommend disable 'scrollingcache' in app's internal config as it can cause problem to the system, but not all applications have disabled scrollingcache.
- You will experience better overall scrolling after flashing this mod.

Battery Drain Issue
- Some people report that CyanogenMod 7.2 has a battery drain issue on SGA, and till now the problem hasn't been resolved yet.
- In my experience, this mod gives ENORMOUS battery saving, even when my SGA is overclocked at 883 MHz. But then, this is only from my own experience. I won't promise you anything.

Installing method:
  1. Download the frameworkmod.zip from the attachment.
  2. Mount /system.
  3. Flash it via ClockWorkMod.
  4. Enjoy.

Just in case of failure, make sure you have a NANDROID backup before flashing. If you have boot problems, use advance restore>restore system to revert it back.

Don't blame me if your SGA won't boot if you're using deodexed roms or stock rom.

CREDITS
Thanks to AndroidON for his great tutorial in making this mod working. Also to everybody who help me as testers and who share ideas with me.

P.S: This mod takes no effect for some people, but it works if added manually though. I think it's a script problem. Try flashing this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1436367&page=6 (Thanks kevinlekiller )

Please click the thanks button, if this works.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Great News for Deodexed ROMs users, I have made the deodexed version of this mod, but yet to be tested due to no deodex roms at my disposal. So, this is a BIG WARNING!! Try, and report. Make sure you make a NANDROID backup first in case of boot failure. Anybody who use deodex roms, and want to contribute something in this modding, please PM me.

NEWThis is the working deodexed frameworkmod based on TheMyth ICS beta 2 framework.jar. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=104 Try and report.

NEWThere are some people who report InfinityROM works with the deodexed version, the one that you can download below despite the rom itself is a odexed rom. Ask Mr Google why.
Attached Files
File Type: zip frameworkmod.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.44 MB, 14991 views)
File Type: zip frameworkmod_deodex.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.11 MB, 4210 views)
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to nabildanial For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevinlekiller
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Can you explain what you did on the "Battery Drain Issue". Thanks.

nabildanial
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Honestly, I totally had no idea why this would fix the battery issue, but to my experience this makes my battery lasts longer than before the modding. So, I just make a premature conclusion that MAYBE the modding itself repairs the issue. I don't know.

sordia
Old
Thanks Meter 60
The volume control it's great but i'm not sure if fix the battery issue and the scrolling its great

Good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to sordia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nabildanial
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Glad it's working for you since this is my first post here.

slaid480
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5689

DONATE TO ME
thx for the mod will test it later!!
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-900F Android 4.4.2
Google nexus 4 Android 4.4.4

“The computer is incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Man is unbelievably slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. The marriage of the two is a force beyond calculation.”

Do you want your phone to Fly?do you want to Feel the Smoothness?....Try Fly-On Mod

Follow Me On Twitter Google+ GitHub

invention
Old
(Last edited by invention; 9th January 2012 at 06:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
I assume it's capable of working with other mods like slaid's, gadgetcheck's and others, cause the files won't be placed in init.d?

nabildanial
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by invention View Post
I assume it's capable of working with other mods like slaid's, gadgetcheck's and others, cause the files won't be placed in init.d?
Sorry, please read again at the post. This is not a init.d script mod, this is a modified /system/framework/framework.jar and framework.odex files. Of course this mod completely compatible with those scripts, I suppose.

invention
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I know this isn't an init.d mod. That's why I mentioned it in my previous post to justify my statement. I asked just to be sure, it's the first question of this kind here so I think it's ok. Thanks for the answer.

prateek_gemini
Old
(Last edited by prateek_gemini; 9th January 2012 at 07:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
stuck on "ANDROID" after flashing [ROM : Infinity 7.2 ]