[CWM] Precise Volume Control, Smooth Scrolling and Battery Drain Fix
Precise Volume Control, Smooth Scrolling and Battery Drain Fix
This is a modified framework.jar and framework.odex based on the tutorial here --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1411317
This mod is tested working on ICS Final by Jusada. I don't know if this mod is isn't working for others. One thing for sure, this works for CyanogenMod 7.2. I haven't try flash it on other ROMs, so, if this works for you, do tell me. I'll let the others know.
Some of the users feedback
Originally Posted by itasoulas
testing for almost a day with heavy use...battery life is definately better and I'm not having a "placebo effect"
good job, script recommended!!!!
Originally Posted by Spoonk
After 3 days using this mod, i can say it's amazing for my phone. My battery life increased almost twice. I used my phone as usual - always 3G and wi-fi on, few 5-6 mins phone calls and a lot of browsing in market and browser. Few minutes of Angry Birds Rio (I'm not a fan of games, my girlfriend plays) and almost 45 mins of watching online TV. My battery last more than two and a half days!!! This is something unthinkable until now. The volume steps are 30 and smooth scolling is working well for me too.
Thank you for this mod!!!
Basically, this a patch of :
Volume steps mod
- A more precise volume control (Volume steps mod)
- A smoother overall scrolling (Smooth scroll mod)
- Fixed a CyanogenMod 7.2 battery drain issue
- People who use Android may complain about the big jump of the volume control.
- By using this mod, the volume steps are changed to 30 steps instead of the default 15 so the volume control becomes more precise.
Smooth scroll mod
- Some application developers recommend disable 'scrollingcache' in app's internal config as it can cause problem to the system, but not all applications have disabled scrollingcache.
- You will experience better overall scrolling after flashing this mod.
Battery Drain Issue
- Some people report that CyanogenMod 7.2 has a battery drain issue on SGA, and till now the problem hasn't been resolved yet.
- In my experience, this mod gives ENORMOUS
battery saving, even when my SGA is overclocked at 883 MHz. But then, this is only from my own experience. I won't promise you anything.
- Download the frameworkmod.zip from the attachment.
- Mount /system.
- Flash it via ClockWorkMod.
Just in case of failure, make sure you have a NANDROID backup before flashing. If you have boot problems, use advance restore>restore system to revert it back.
Don't blame me if your SGA won't boot if you're using deodexed roms or stock rom.
Thanks to AndroidON for his great tutorial in making this mod working. Also to everybody who help me as testers and who share ideas with me.
P.S: This mod takes no effect for some people, but it works if added manually though. I think it's a script problem. Try flashing this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1436367&page=6
Please click the thanks button, if this works.
Great News for Deodexed ROMs users
, I have made the deodexed version of this mod, but yet to be tested due to no deodex roms at my disposal. So, this is a BIG WARNING!! Try, and report. Make sure you make a NANDROID backup first in case of boot failure.
Anybody who use deodex roms, and want to contribute something in this modding, please PM me.
This is the working deodexed frameworkmod based on TheMyth ICS beta 2 framework.jar. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=104
Try and report.
There are some people who report InfinityROM works with the deodexed version, the one that you can download below despite the rom itself is a odexed rom. Ask Mr Google why.