XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Import Galaxy S2 Browser.apk

Tip us?

Piercing Heavens
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Import Galaxy S2 Browser.apk

Would it possible to import the Galaxy S2 browser into the Rezound? There has yet to be a smoother browser that I have seen.

Also the browser on a Droid Charge with the latest update is way smoother than the Rezound. Iphone smooth and completely functional.

Would replacing the browser.apk with the other browsers work or would it result in a bootloop?

I use Opera Mobile as my main browser and just lacks the functionality that the stock/dolphin browser has.

MrSmith317
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piercing Heavens View Post
Would it possible to import the Galaxy S2 browser into the Rezound? There has yet to be a smoother browser that I have seen.

Also the browser on a Droid Charge with the latest update is way smoother than the Rezound. Iphone smooth and completely functional.

Would replacing the browser.apk with the other browsers work or would it result in a bootloop?

I use Opera Mobile as my main browser and just lacks the functionality that the stock/dolphin browser has.
You stand a better chance to port a browser from another HTC phone. Since the GN runs almost AOSP ICS and the Rezound runs Sensed Gingerbread the two couldn't be less compatible. Even if they were both Gingerbread the fact that HTC has its own source tree would keep most apps from other ROMs from working.

So in stock AOSP Gingerbread they may make a system call for com.resource where in the HTC build they call for com.htc.resource . Hope the explanation helps.

maximus20895
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Do you think it's better than dolphin?

Piercing Heavens
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Opera is better in every way except when it comes to playing videos on youtube and having it display in the youtube app is impossible since it handles everything on its own.

Opera Mobile will not open another app like dolphin or the main browser can.

Opening a Android Market app on the stock or dolphin browser will open the app on the actual market app. Opera mobile doesn't have this function.

It definitely is the smoothest browser though aside from the galaxy s2. Funny how a galaxy s2 has a better browser than the galaxy nexus.