Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

REVIEW: MoKo(TM) Premium Quality Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case with built-in Multi-Angle

Tip us?

Yori-
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelontherun View Post
Sure, of what part?

To be honest, it looks like the Poetic and Vipertek ones all looked the same. I think they all just buy from China and brand them.
that is exactly what they do, they order from 1 manufacturer in a China plant, and once they get an order of 1000, they stamp their logos on to it.

if you look around chinese website, they have the same ones without logos

they're very cheaply made, and i believe they get them in 100's to 1000's for 5-6$ a piece at most

going to stay away from all of these till better U.S quality ones come out

quietas
Old
Thanks Meter 7
That's crazy. My wife has an iPad 2 with a Targus case that looks exactly like this. What is the build quality? Is it real leather or authentic pleather? =)

cotr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yori- View Post
that is exactly what they do, they order from 1 manufacturer in a China plant, and once they get an order of 1000, they stamp their logos on to it.

if you look around chinese website, they have the same ones without logos

they're very cheaply made, and i believe they get them in 100's to 1000's for 5-6$ a piece at most

going to stay away from all of these till better U.S quality ones come out
The only difference is the charger port. I'd disagree about build quality but then again I have one in hand and you don't.

It's pleather. Sturdy and thin.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App
Nokia, Motorola i70, Motorola i90(c), SE t616, SE s710a, HTC 8125, HTC 8525, HTC 8925, Tilt 2, iPhone 3G, Blackberry 8950, Nokia 5800, Blackberry 9700, Sony x10a, Samsung Captivate, B&N Nook CM7, Asus Transformer Prime TF201, Sony Xperia Pro, Samsung Galaxy 3, Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

mrschmitz
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Can you do this with that Moko case? (from here: http://www.amazon.com/VIPERTEK-Trans.../dp/B006OZTNIK)

cotr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschmitz View Post
Can you do this with that Moko case? (from here: http://www.amazon.com/VIPERTEK-Trans.../dp/B006OZTNIK)

the flap on the screen side can go either way. so... yes. looks like the only difference is the Moko is gray on the inside.
Nokia, Motorola i70, Motorola i90(c), SE t616, SE s710a, HTC 8125, HTC 8525, HTC 8925, Tilt 2, iPhone 3G, Blackberry 8950, Nokia 5800, Blackberry 9700, Sony x10a, Samsung Captivate, B&N Nook CM7, Asus Transformer Prime TF201, Sony Xperia Pro, Samsung Galaxy 3, Asus Transformer Infinity TF700
The Following User Says Thank You to cotr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrsxn View Post
got my poetic case today. it does not have cut out for the charger port. ok for $10 bucks.
i am waiting for case crown to enter the game...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
Which Poetic case did you get? I ordered this one yesterday from Amazon which looks similar to the MoKo case and seems to have the cut out for the charger port. If not, it's going back to Amazon and I'll order the MoKo version.

V6993
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this case by any chance compatible with the keyboard dock?

cotr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Nope.

Yori-
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelontherun View Post
The only difference is the charger port. I'd disagree about build quality but then again I have one in hand and you don't.

It's pleather. Sturdy and thin.

its funny how you think these are amazing quality type cases & i do have one for a regular transformer

try to look for cases for the ipad 2... look at how many quality builds there are for the ipad. i personally don't have an ipad so dont think for a sec i'm a fan of apple.

also just because they have proper positions for charge port/speaker outputs does not mean this is a good quality. Did you expect them to make a case that blocked all the ports?

Every single poetic/vertek/vipertek are just made out of cheap pleather.

They are good for its price, and i'm stating the fact that, there will be better design/quality cases for the prime in the coming months

evilcuber
Old
Thanks Meter 678

DONATE TO ME
Ugggg amazon dosent ship it to Canada any other website that sells this case?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
Kernel: Stock
------><------
TABLET: ASUS EEE Pad Transformer Prime-(ICS)(Rooted and Unlocked)
ROM: Virtuous Prime S .15 v2
Other Stuff: iPad 2 (Jailbroken)
My ROM: QuadraSense 1.2
Quote: