Search This thread

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
[B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Hello,

Had request to make sure this was here as well in the CDMA section. I would appreciate confirmation of working with the CDMA/LTE version.

The beta has resulted in a great amount of positive feedback so far, thanks all!

Last edited:

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
Um every single time I uninstall and delete the current Samsung Android ADB Interface driver that shows up with the Nexus, it immediately re-installs and I can't stop it. Every time I uninstall and check the delete drive box, this happens.

Wtf? How annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!