Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to remove superuser app

Tip us?

droidx2.3.3
Old
(Last edited by droidx2.3.3; 11th January 2012 at 12:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default How to remove superuser app

I upgraded to ics and lost root(which is fine for now) but how do i remove my super user app. I cant just uninstall from settings, apps. So is there something im missing? Thanks

Edit: mods, please fee free to move to the q&a section. Meant to post there.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to droidx2.3.3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ilostmypistons
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Root explorer will get rid of SU
You have to delete from 3 places in the system section I just can't remember which 3. I did it on the TF101 and it works
Your dont need root to do it but you may need the paid version of Root Explorer

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

jmikeb92
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have the same problem let me know if you find out what files to delete. Would really appreciate it.

me-ayman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i have application can ROOT & UNROOT all Android Tablets & smartphone.

i have test it in asus prime and its amazing.

download it from this link
http://rom.anshouji.com/root/unlockroot23-eng.exe

if you need more information please visit this link.

http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php
good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to me-ayman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxbeanxx
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Depending on how you rooted, the superuser app is probably installed to /system. If this is the case then you can only remove it by doing a full root followed by an unroot.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

droidx2.3.3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Thanks for the help, but I've since re-rooted via viper mods tool. And actually just unlocked the bl.

Sent from my Droid X using xda premium

jmikeb92
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I tried using the viperMod and I still couldnt get su permission, what is wrong. It is in the system files and I tried deleting them with the ROOT Explorer app stated above and nothing worked. What am I doing Wrong?

xxbeanxx
Old
(Last edited by xxbeanxx; 23rd February 2012 at 05:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
EDIT: sorry I didn't notice that jmikeb92 was not the OP. So this post probably makes no sense.
--
If I were you I'd root using mempodroid, install the su binary, then use a terminal shell to remove all traces of root (ie: superuser apk, busybox, su).

Another thing you can do is check the permissions on your su binary. Not sure where vipermod puts it, probably in /system/xbin. Check that it is setuid at least. If it is not, that's your problem. In this case gain root using mempodroid and setuid the sucker.

jmikeb92
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
EDIT: sorry I didn't notice that jmikeb92 was not the OP. So this post probably makes no sense.
--
If I were you I'd root using mempodroid, install the su binary, then use a terminal shell to remove all traces of root (ie: superuser apk, busybox, su).

Another thing you can do is check the permissions on your su binary. Not sure where vipermod puts it, probably in /system/xbin. Check that it is setuid at least. If it is not, that's your problem. In this case gain root using mempodroid and setuid the sucker.
I literally have no idea how to do the binary code stuff. Ind of a noob when it comes to that. Is it terribly difficult?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

xxbeanxx
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikeb92 View Post
I literally have no idea how to do the binary code stuff. Ind of a noob when it comes to that. Is it terribly difficult?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
No it is not difficult but you would need some knowledge of linux security. For example what setuid/setgid is, how to change file ownership, how to change file permissions.

There are lots of resources out there if you are interested in that sort of thing.