Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 for Lenovo Ideapad A1

Tip us?

gmarkall
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 559
OK, I sorted out the problem. Will post an update about it in a while.

xbdesign
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Do you also do some Symlinking between /cache/dalvik-cache and /data/dalvik-cache ?

gmarkall
Old
Thanks Meter 559
The problem was with the init scripts. I couldn't get init to read (or appear to read) either init.a1.rc or init.A1_07.rc, so I had the build copy the original init.rc from the stock system to init.rc in the CM7 build. However, this init script wasn't suitable for some reason or other. I noticed that init also tries to read "init.target.rc", so I had the build copy the stock init.rc to that name instead. Now it boots up.

I thought there might be some people who would find it fun to have a play with this early version, so I created a page to host it: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~grm08/ideapad/cyanogenmod/

Summary:

First build of CM7 for the Ideapad A1. What appears to work: screen, touchscreen, audio, menu/home/back/volume/power buttons. What doesn't work: SD card, wifi, bluetooth, camera, accelerometer. Reboots every couple of minutes. Anything not mentioned, assume it doesn't work.

I've also provided a zip that restores the stock A1 ramdisk:

If you want to go back to the stock system, you will need to install this zip to bring back the stock initial ramdisk. This is for the ROW 2375 build only - don't use it with other builds.

Installing:

I would recommend against installing this if you don't have the 2375 ROW build on your A1, because I only have provided a way to get back to stock for that build (you could use an OTA package to get back to other builds, but if you want to do that, you're on your own). Do a backup of the stock system before you install. Install from Clockworkmod in the usual way. Wipe data and cache after installing. When you want to go back to the stock system, install stock-a1-ramdisk.zip then restore the backup.

The usual warning/disclaimer:

Since this has only undergone light testing, there is risk of damage or problems due to bugs in the ROM or its installation. The worst case scenario is that your A1 will be bricked. In the event that something goes wrong, I will do my best to help recover the situation, but I am not liable for any damage incurred. It is up to you to decide if you want to take this risk. If you are not comfortable with the risk, then do not attempt to install the ROM!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gmarkall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LoveTKB
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have 2Gb Ideapad A1. Can I install this CM7 rom on my Ideapad. Or this rom is for Ideapad A1 16Gb only?

gmarkall
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTKB View Post
I have 2Gb Ideapad A1. Can I install this CM7 rom on my Ideapad. Or this rom is for Ideapad A1 16Gb only?
I believe it should be suitable for the 2GB Ideapad. Have you already installed the Clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.7 from the other thread? I'm not sure I've heard back from anyone who has installed it on a 2GB Ideapad yet, but I don't know of a reason why that shouldn't work either.

gmmurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default A1

wow, i was hoping for this. ordered yesterday for the wifey. 2/7 is ship date, you guys will be official by then, i hope. thanks for the hard work.

LoveTKB
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarkall View Post
I believe it should be suitable for the 2GB Ideapad. Have you already installed the Clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.7 from the other thread? I'm not sure I've heard back from anyone who has installed it on a 2GB Ideapad yet, but I don't know of a reason why that shouldn't work either.
Yes, your Clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.7 on Ideapad A1 worked on my 2Gb Ideapad.
I will test next version of CM7 rom on my Ideapad
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveTKB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zole2112
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Excellent work so far! I just ordered one today, looking forward to flashing, thanks for what you've achieved so far.
HTC One - ATT - Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, S-OFF, Super CID, Carrier Unlocked and set free!
***Bootloader unlocked before activating on ATT! Bahahhahahhaaaa

Insertcoin 6thSense + Bulletproof
The Following User Says Thank You to zole2112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

platypuss94
Old
Thanks Meter 39
anybody know if that widget has been ported at all?
Platypuss94

tinybeetle
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypuss94 View Post
anybody know if that widget has been ported at all?
What widget?
================================================== ============
Since August 2013 - HiSense Sero 7 Pro with 32gb microSD
Since December 2012 - Star B92M 1GB MTK6577 phone.
Since November 2011 - Lenovo IdeaPad A1 16gb with 16gb microSD.
Used to have an LY-F521 Telechips 8803 ARM Cortex A8. Then it was stolen... Sigh.

Tags
lenovo ideapad a1 unofficial cyanogenmod