NEW SD CARD image, Version 4.7 Files cleaned up, for 16and8GB NT only, ANY version
changed hosting, spent some cash, donations appreciated...
Changelog 4.7- removed keyboard to be separate patch, removed amazon to be sideloaded. 4.6- Patch now 8gb and 16gb 4.6- restructure files again 4.5- LIVE WALLPAPER, 3d Gallery, Custom Keyboard, and changed files to one flashable small image and zip file. New instructions, also link to supplemental app package so download for root files is smaller. 4.4- Restructured files and added an instruction txt file to make the process even easier to follow. 4.3- Added a couple of extra apps to sideload folder 4.2- deleted readme file 4.1- changed sd image file to install faster, follow steps below same as before.
DO NOT MIRROR these files.
This process is heavily dependent on the work being done here plus additions of my own!
Thanks to:Indirect, Loglud, ChainsDD, Bauwkz, Nemith, Goncezilla, Brianf21, AdamOutler, Meghd00t, AND Albert Wertz (for his work here and building on others work)
And anyone I have missed, please PM me.
Demonstration Video of SD Card in Action
Troubleshoot Thread here
Computer required to make SD card. No Computer Required to Use SD Card for Root and CWM depending on the variation of NT you have. There is one variation that does require a USB connection to enter CWM. You can thank barnes and noble for poor quality control.
***Disclaimer You do this at your own risk, Use your head, if you are not comfortable with this, dont do it. Rooting nulls your warranty if you try and return a rooted device, they and I will laugh at you. Unroot it before returning. This modifies the onboard Rom, So root will be on your tablet after using Root SD card.***
Windows required; mac and linux users: just extract the img file from the downloaded file and mount it to an sd card. its that simple. If you dont know how to mount an IMG file to your SD card... Google it.
Instructions: Download File SD_ROOT_NT16or8gbV4_7
MD5 Sums: soon
Video Walk-through for windows users on how to make SDNTV4.6: Same video instructions for 4.6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCET91ElYmc
1. Connect Nook Tablet with auto mount turned on (if you have never rooted before it should already be on) and SD card in it to your computer.
2. Run Win32diskimager.exe file
3. Select “NT16or8gbV4_7 image file” and select drive for SD card on Nook (or SD card Reader) ***NOT INTERNAL SD CARD ON NOOK ***DON’T SELECT MY NOOK!!!!
4. Click Write
5. Disconnect Nook. Your card is made. Remove card.
Instructions on how to use the card.
1. Put in Root SD Card
2. Turn Unrooted Tablet OFF
3. use usb cable attached to PC to turn on (should be auto, dont push power button)
4. Install Zip from SD card, Root_Zip_NTV4_6
5. Press power button to go back
6. Reboot using CWM settings
9. Follow Video for Root Calibration with Apps
7. Sideload all you want (See folder for select games and other stuff)
8. Donate, Click THANKS! Please post your experiences with this product as a quick reply to this thread so others can see your experience.
to ota block, just update nt hidden settings from market and use that
How to use these SD cards to create a custom recovery ROM
Included things on SD card right now:
1. Apps Folder (CWM App Flasher and Unrooter App)
Apps included in Root Process:
2. Amazon Appstore
4. Home Manager
5. ES File Explorer
6. Spare parts
8. NT Hidden Settings app
9. Titanium backup
10. Custom Keyboard
11. Live wallpaper
12. 3d Gallery
Other apps in app folder on SD card image:
1. Nook Recovery Flasher
2. Nook Unrooter
When finished with card, this is how to restore it to full capacity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6bZpML3FEE
Supplimental Sideloading packet
MD5 Sum: soon
Video on sideloading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMZrDbOuKv8
Apps included for sideloading
1. Amazon appstore
2. AB Rio
3. AB Seasons
4. AB Original
5. Go Launcher
8. Pocketlegends Free MMORPG (friend me on pocket legends if you want “suicideclown”)
12. GetJar market
13. Nook Recovery flasher
14. Nook Tablet Hijacker