Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*ics within ten days* please read, thread now closed*

Tip us?

biggary
Old
(Last edited by biggary; 20th January 2012 at 12:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Default *ics within ten days* please read, thread now closed*

DEAR USERS OF SENSATION,

Last week I opened this post concerning the release of the final ICS release, this post got a lot of exposure on some blogs and sites, and also the HTC facebook page, thanks to this, two HTC employees contacted me, one person very high up in the UK, and also someone in the USA as well.

What was said, is, sort of what the memos that I seen were true, but there is still very many bugs in the firmwares, reported by users, reps, employees, there is still going to be at least another beta release, which will be around the 26th Jan (my date that I said), HTC do actively watch forums like XDA, Modaco etc to see users reactions, and how the developers mend and correct the bugs.

The dates for the Final UK releases should be between End Jan-Start March 2012, In this time, the developers in Taiwan, the Developers in USA, testers etc will finish the final version.

People who have sim-free and 'vanilla' phones will get the update first, operator also get a version, and they can customise as they do, and do in-house testing, US networks will push out the update the same time as the UK networks.

The Final HTC ICS UPDATE will contain :

*Sense 3.5
*Roboto Font
*ICS Music Player, Browser, New Style Settings
*FaceUnlock and Much More.

Sense 4.0 may, I was told, be coming to Sensations, Its going to be the future UI of HTC phones in the future.

Not much more to add, so this post is now being closed, If you want, Private message me, and we can talk more, but please, no flaming or abuse, otherwise you will be reported. Thank you!
Moto G - Running......

Unlocked....Rooted...Stock Kernal
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to biggary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamcomp
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I noticed that you are from the UK, is that for TMOUS as well?

KAwAtA
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Hope this isn't a bs rumor, or I'll have to kill you!

I've stuck with sense 3.0 because it's battery life is amazing (24hrs+ ALL the time) and it's stable. I liked sense 3.5 a lot more but it sucked! If an official ICS comes out, i'd love that. Patiently waiting and still waiting! I hope youre not lying!

plocri
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggary View Post
As you might/might not know, I work in a fairly large phone shop, and have been keeping quiet as when Ice Cream Sandwich, today, well, a hour ago, we had a HTC rep come in to bring a sensation XL for our display, and a XE, running the final ICS version, everything works, no bugs, nothing, more than his jobs worth he told me that within two weeks it will be released, was shown quite a few memos from HTC on this....wonder if its true.....looked very good only gripe or problems that I had, was it had sense 3.5 on top of ICS.....
do you know rom version number?

sarkar_007
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
As you might/might not know, I work in a fairly large phone shop, and have been keeping quiet as when Ice Cream Sandwich, today, well, a hour ago, we had a HTC rep come in to bring a sensation XL for our display, and a XE, running the final ICS version, everything works, no bugs, nothing, more than his jobs worth he told me that within two weeks it will be released, was shown quite a few memos from HTC on this....wonder if its true.....looked very good only gripe or problems that I had, was it had sense 3.5 on top of ICS.....
This is great news. I am waiting for the official ICS update for my Sensation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 <-- HTC Sensation <-- HTC Desire <-- Samsung Omnia II <-- SE G700 <-- SE K750

biggary
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
I dont know much more, than it will be sensation/xl/xe - uk, no idea about tmous, i was too excited, only got a quick look at version number, it was 4.03 but the version number was later than the latest leaked RUU, and it was released to him yesterday (tuesday lunchtime), he also had a box with him with HTC and ruby on the box (anyone any idea what that is???) sorry I cant tell more, thats all I could get, sorry!
Moto G - Running......

Unlocked....Rooted...Stock Kernal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plocri
Old
Thanks Meter 37
wow probably someone will leak the official ruu in these days!

gumbois
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As much as HTC may release it in the next 14 days, no doubt the operators will have to mess it up for a bit yet!

xdacbibbs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Anything special in ICS for the Sensation? Or just support for the latest APIs?

kgbkny
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
he also had a box with him with HTC and ruby on the box (anyone any idea what that is???)
The code name for the HTC Amaze 4G (a T-Mobile USA) exclusive was HTC Ruby. Perhaps it's being released in the UK?
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)