Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help for Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 3.6 YP-GS1

Tip us?
jarriskua Old
Thanks Meter
Hello again!

I´ve trying with new versions of:

- Superoneclick (v2.3.2 / v2.3.3) with gingerbreak exploit but no succes because program frozes always. Never goes beyond step #5

- Unlockroot 2.2: at compability list of this version, model yp-gs1 is listed, but it doesn´t work. I have emailed at support asking..

And Log reveals:

Kill adb server
Starting adb server...
Get online devices
push file to device : rootutility
push file to device : busybox
push file to device : su
chmod file 755 busybox
Try to get shell root permission may take several minutes...
chmod file 755 rootutility
Try to get shell root permission may take several minutes...
Failed to get shell root !

abduleno
Old
Thanks Meter 364
hello i have also tried to root this device no succes with unlock root 2.3 it doesnt just like you i get the message failed to get shell root pls can someone root this device

Antgl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i normally have the 8gb version of the samsung galaxy s wifi 3.6, but actually i got like 6.7gb storage, is that normal?

ampinto
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abduleno View Post
hello i have also tried to root this device no succes with unlock root 2.3 it doesnt just like you i get the message failed to get shell root pls can someone root this device
Hi,

I'm one more who want to root his YP-GS1.
I also tried the various methods listed above with no results.
Can anyone help in this regard.
Thanks

ampinto
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Sometimes stock initial firmware for a device shows up on the leak sites, sometimes it doesn't, seems to be a crapshoot.

The "hard way" to root a device, which requires two devices for a clean dump, is:
Path 1:
a) It's possible to dump 90% of so of the files of an initramfs without root - do this, try to fill in the holes, and build an insecure kernel using this dump. Use that to get a clean system dump.
b) Use the clean system dump to develop a prerooted system image that can be flashed to a second device to get a clean stock kernel

Path 2:
a) You can get 80% or so of /system without root - dump it, fill in holes, make an Odin-flashable image that has su binary added.
b) Flash this and get a clean zImage dump
c) Use that dump to develop a custom kernel that is flashed to a second device to get a clean /system dump

We got lucky on the SGH-I777 (USA AT&T GSII)- International kernels were functional enough to get a full /system dump, and I was able to use that dump to develop a prerooted system image which I used to extract the stock kernel image from my device.

Hello ntropy512!

Please can you help rooting the YP-GS1, I found that samsung has released some firmware for YP-GS1 on this link:
https://opensource.samsung.com/index...F300E0504BF9A1

Maybe you can create an insecure Kernel or something to unprotec the dammed GS1? I have no sufficient skills to do that...:(
It will be a great help for all YP-GS1 owners...:)
YP-GS1
Android: 2.3.6
Kernel vertion:2.6.35.7-CL818076se.infra@SEP-82 #1
Build number.XXLA1 (After Kies actualisation)

Thank in advance,

Antonio Pinto

klin1344
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampinto View Post
Hello ntropy512!

Please can you help rooting the YP-GS1, I found that samsung has released some firmware for YP-GS1 on this link:
https://opensource.samsung.com/index...F300E0504BF9A1

Maybe you can create an insecure Kernel or something to unprotec the dammed GS1? I have no sufficient skills to do that...:(
It will be a great help for all YP-GS1 owners...:)
YP-GS1
Android: 2.3.6
Kernel vertion:2.6.35.7-CL818076se.infra@SEP-82 #1
Build number.XXLA1 (After Kies actualisation)

Thank in advance,

Antonio Pinto
Creating an insecure kernel requires modifying the initramfs, which is not provided by the samsung open source releases. You would need to dump the kernel and extract the initramfs from it, and dumping the kernel requires root.

Sent using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.4 KitKat

| [APP][FREE][4.0+]Cardify Flashcards |
Intuitive and simple user interface, yet powerful and feature-packed.

| [GAME][FREE][2.2+]Energy City |
A simple, yet captivating 2D game that will test your reflexes—and patience!

gbh2012
Old
(Last edited by gbh2012; 17th April 2012 at 12:03 AM.) Reason: missed out a step
Thanks Meter 1
Default Rooting samsung yp-gs1

Rooting Samsung yp-gs1 player ...

go to unlockroot.com

Download & install unlockroot v2.3.1

go to samsung.com/uk/support/model/YP-GS1CB

Download & install kies v2.0

Let it upgrade.

switch on usb dev debugging, stay awake & allow mock locations under settings / applications / development

connect your device to your pc

run unlockroot & click root if drivers from kies installed, you should see a popup box with your device

Select device & in a couple of mins program may ask you to install Super power save (means rooted successfully)

I know it works, as I have just rooted mine (got at gadget show, yesterday from PC World for £99.99)

The Following User Says Thank You to gbh2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abduleno
Old
Thanks Meter 364
i just saw your post but it doesnt work on my galaxy player 3.6 i also have upgraded it but just tells me failed to get shell root my player is international version so galaxy s wifi 3.6 pls help

gvoute
Old
Thanks Meter 0
job done with superonclick

abduleno
Old
Thanks Meter 364
hey gvoute pls tell me how you root you player with superoneclick i tried it hundred time but it always hangs at step 7 i did the kies update but it just wont work you are the second who have rooted the phone but cant pls help me