Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM]-[TANGO] - |2012/May/3| - PWPD v4.9 (Graphical) - v4.7 (Orginal theme) - (8773)

OP tighoor

12th January 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #21  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,503

3,234 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpir

.......... IPV6 info, now this rom have the chance to overtake nextgen +rom

since version 2.0 nextgen+ rom have IPV6 activated AND the most other HD7 ROMīs also...... so nothing special here ....
13th January 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

101 posts
The Find My Phone function isnt working, error msg setup needed. Trying to go into the option results in a kick back.
13th January 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #23  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 415

4,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhunterx

The Find My Phone function isnt working, error msg setup needed. Trying to go into the option results in a kick back.

this function is relatively unimportant. ya u can live with that.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmuni

so the method postrd by ansar dun work for sg rom, guess i'll try the gold card with the cut n join usb cable n the ruu rom i need to downgrade, u uploaded 2 on fileshare i think, are both on 1.2xx?

u need any rom which say xxxxx.728.xxx.xxxx. SG region comes under 728

read the gold card method carefully, if u are flashing a stock rom which is compatible with yr device, SG region based eg. nodo rom, u dont need the gold card code, just equiment will do.
13th January 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #24  

101 posts
Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

It is an important feature thats why ive made a point it doesnt work. Im a field engineer and spend the day travelling up and down the country and phones get lost/left behind!
13th January 2012, 07:29 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 29

213 posts
More
Quote:

That's a very significant feature. It gives you peace of mind when your phone is stolen and helps you when you simply need to locate it. If it was that unimportant, Microsoft wouldn't have implemented it.

And he DOESN'T have to live with it; that's why there are options as far as roms. I've never tried this one and my opinion doesn't represent it in any way, but that statement was incredibly flawed and warranted a logical rebuttal.
Last edited by returned4good; 13th January 2012 at 07:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to returned4good For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #26  

101 posts
For what its worth, Ive managed to enable the options via reg edits however the function still does not work.
13th January 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #27  

4,161 posts
I live in a small country and over populated and one of the most tech savy consumer level crowd

if i lost my phone, it means someone already took it

for me this feature is useless because a clever thief can just remove the sim card , hard reset the device and inserts his own one
13th January 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 29

213 posts
More
Quote:

I live in a small country and over populated and one of the most tech savy consumer level crowd

for me this feature is useless because a clever thief can just remove the sim card , hard reset the device and inserts his own one

Chances are, he doesn't live where you do and under the same circumstances. You can't speak for others when the opinion is based on a specific set of circumstances.
14th January 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #29  

4,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmuni

Ok. Thanks guys, will try the gold card method.Will post when i m done n flash this rom.

I sent u a PM............
15th January 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #30  
Downers Grove
Thanks Meter: 31

112 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:

Quote:

u need any rom which say xxxxx.728.xxx.xxxx. SG region comes under 728

read the gold card method carefully, if u are flashing a stock rom which is compatible with yr device, SG region based eg. nodo rom, u dont need the gold card code, just equiment will do.

Quote:

[/COLOR]
It is an important feature thats why ive made a point it doesnt work. Im a field engineer and spend the day travelling up and down the country and phones get lost/left behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by returned4good

That's a very significant feature. It gives you peace of mind when your phone is stolen and helps you when you simply need to locate it. If it was that unimportant, Microsoft wouldn't have implemented it.

And he DOESN'T have to live with it; that's why there are options as far as roms. I've never tried this one and my opinion doesn't represent it in any way, but that statement was incredibly flawed and warranted a logical rebuttal.

Quote:

For what its worth, Ive managed to enable the options via reg edits however the function still does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returned4good

Chances are, he doesn't live where you do and under the same circumstances. You can't speak for others when the opinion is based on a specific set of circumstances.

Quote:

This feature is pretty important because not only will it help you find/lock/erase your phone if it ever gets stolen but if you want to install apps via the http://www.windowsphone.com website the feature needs to be working.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread