Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any experience with costcaptain? Champagne Dock

Tip us?
 
mdizzle9
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 76
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Any experience with costcaptain? Champagne Dock

http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merch...ode=TDX_1410AM

Anyone ever used this vendor before? I am hoping to get a champagne dock, but obviously nearly everywhere is sold out. This site seems a bit sketchy to me, so I was wondering if anyone has experience with them?
 
cyi1
Old
(Last edited by cyi1; 12th January 2012 at 05:50 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 176
Join Date: Nov 2010
mixed reviews... doubt they have it in stock. Haven't seen ANY other retailer with the champagne dock..

I live in atlanta. I think I've driven by that address and never seen any sort of electronics retailer lol. check out the street view on google maps of their addres

750 Ponce De Leon Pl NE Ste 4, atlanta ga 30306

Going to call them tomorrow and see if I can pick one up
The Following User Says Thank You to cyi1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Don Lettrich
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyi1 View Post
mixed reviews... doubt they have it in stock. Haven't seen ANY other retailer with the champagne dock..

I live in atlanta. I think I've driven by that address and never seen any sort of electronics retailer lol. check out the street view on google maps of their addres

750 Ponce De Leon Pl NE Ste 4, atlanta ga 30306

Going to call them tomorrow and see if I can pick one up
I just spoke with them by phone and they are unavailable still. The website is pre-order only (although it doesn't tell you that). She said they have not been given any indication as to when they will actually be available as of yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Lettrich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mdizzle9
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 76
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lettrich View Post
I just spoke with them by phone and they are unavailable still. The website is pre-order only (although it doesn't tell you that). She said they have not been given any indication as to when they will actually be available as of yet.
Figured that was the case. I don't think anywhere has them at all...so not surprising they are not an exception. Thanks for looking into it though. I've heard other places say that end of January is when they will come in (but they may know nothing), but here's hoping.
 
Don Lettrich
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2008
I just got an email back from Matt at CostCaptain. He said they have 50 due in next week, but they are a hot item, so they won't be in stock for long. I put a preorder in for one. We'll see who wins, Abes of Maine or CC! ;)
 
garak0410
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 289
Join Date: Feb 2009
I did get my PRIME before Christmas but ordered the keyboard and PRIME at the same time and still no ETA on the dock. Any news at all?
 
costcaptain
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default EEE Dock Update

Hi guys,
This is Matt with CostCaptain. And yes, we have lots on order. Please email us at cs2@costcaptain.com for any questions.

Meanwhile, our location in Atlanta is our administrative offices and do not have customer facing facilities.

Thanks,
Matt
 
irishtexmex
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 397
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Just got this message from Matt at CostCaptain--who, by the way, has been wonderful throughout the whole process:

 
redandblack1287
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 107
Join Date: Jan 2010
Coupon code WB2008 gets you $5 off, pays for shipping =)
The Following User Says Thank You to redandblack1287 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Don Lettrich
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblack1287 View Post
Coupon code WB2008 gets you $5 off, pays for shipping =)
Got the same email as above for my order. Hopefully I'll see it next week!

Matt has been very responsive by email...great customer support so far!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes