XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transformer Prime touch screen sensitivity issues

Tip us?

transceiver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Transformer Prime touch screen sensitivity issues

Does anyone else have touch screen sensitivity issues with the Prime? I'm using a capacitive stylus with it and it seems to be not registering half of the touch inputs. I know that the Samsung galaxy tab had a similar issue and there was a fix for it (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1336464) . Maybe if we can get a fix for the Prime it would actually be useful for writing and drawing.

Here's the writing samples (first is from the original Transformer, using the same stylus).

http://imgur.com/a/olhMe

The "touch counter" shows how many touch events was registered by the app. The Prime saw less than 2/3 of the points.

On the last screenshot you can see how wavy and distorted the diagonal lines get.

Spidey01
Old
Thanks Meter 103
When I first setup mine, it seemed to be a lot less sensitive than my TF101's screen but mine has been finebsincenthe ICS 4.0.3 update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile )SGH-T999, stock+rooted.
- ASUS Transformer TF201 32GB, CyanogenMod.
- ASUS Transformer TF101 32GB, Prime ROM (damaged/retired).
- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide, CM 9.1-stable, retired.
- HTC MyTouch 4G, my first CyanogenMod (7.1), sold.
- LG Optimus T, stock+rooted. gifted to a beautiful Firefly.
My journal

transceiver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey01 View Post
When I first setup mine, it seemed to be a lot less sensitive than my TF101's screen but mine has been finebsincenthe ICS 4.0.3 update.

Are you using a stylus or just finger touch?

BongoBong
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I have noticed the same thing. Handwriting is hard to do unless its huge, and been getting some wavy lines as well.

Spidey01
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Finger touch, it was bad eniugh before the update that I was really concerned about general use. After posting, I also tried my Adonit Jot in Sketchbook Pro and had no problem.

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile )SGH-T999, stock+rooted.
- ASUS Transformer TF201 32GB, CyanogenMod.
- ASUS Transformer TF101 32GB, Prime ROM (damaged/retired).
- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide, CM 9.1-stable, retired.
- HTC MyTouch 4G, my first CyanogenMod (7.1), sold.
- LG Optimus T, stock+rooted. gifted to a beautiful Firefly.
My journal

BongoBong
Old
Thanks Meter 50
How did you get those stats in the top left?

transceiver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey01 View Post
Finger touch, it was bad eniugh before the update that I was really concerned about general use. After posting, I also tried my Adonit Jot in Sketchbook Pro and had no problem.

Hm, I updated to 4.03 but the problem is still there. I've tried it in the Supernotes app that came pre-loaded too. Seems that it isn't as serious as on the Samsung but I'm still unhappy that it's not as good as the TF1. I can deal with the bluetooth / GPS issues but this is one I can't live without

The numbers are from the debug mode of my app.

I'll wait till I can test it on some store models before I buy again.

indyrev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Touch sensitivity

Hey I'd just like to come out and say I've noticed the same sensitivity issues on my Prime. It sucks. I bought this thing for school, so naturally I'd like to be able to take notes on it, but alas I cannot.

cfl.htc.hd
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Transceiver, can you run your test on the Prime at different power levels to see if you get the same results?

ownzordage
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrev View Post
Hey I'd just like to come out and say I've noticed the same sensitivity issues on my Prime. It sucks. I bought this thing for school, so naturally I'd like to be able to take notes on it, but alas I cannot.
I'm in the same boat. I'm considering returning and getting a Thinkpad Tablet. Has anyone had luck with a Jot Pro and taking quick notes on the Transformer Prime? I want to make sure this isn't just an isolated issue with a few devices.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl.htc.hd View Post
Transceiver, can you run your test on the Prime at different power levels to see if you get the same results?
I receive the same issue at each power level. Certain letters like "e" are especially difficult to write, and most of the time words don't appear at all if I'm writing at my normal pace.