Anker 2x 1800mAh

12th January 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Weaverville, NC
Thanks Meter: 419

2,114 posts
More
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batterie...ductPromotions

This is a great deal on Amazon, two 1800 mAh batteries plus a charger for 20 bucks right now. I recommend it.

I just bought these a few days ago and got to use them yesterday. I was amazed... 300 mAh more than my year-old stock battery and it lasted forever. On my normal battery I get maybe 9 or 10 hours of light usage, data off all day unless I'm using it for tapatalk, etc. and then the phone dies. On this new one I got it up to 14 hours and it was down to 40%.. only put it on the charger because I had to sleep.

And that was 14 hours of medium to heavy usage... I had two batteries with me so I really wanted to stress them and see how long they would last. I left data and sync on all day, streamed music for about an hour with google music, used google talk to chat with friends, played fruit ninja, watched youtube videos, downloaded Big Gigantic's new album over 3G... etc and still the battery lasted way longer than my stock one. I didn't even have to worry about needing to switch batteries which was what I bought them for, I didn't expect this great of a result from it.

All in all, I recommend these if anyone is looking at buying extended batteries. It's a great price right now, the things charge in the phone and come with a wall charger with USB ports and a battery charger that can charge whichever one your phone isn't. I've never been more happy with the battery life on my phone, I don't think you could go wrong with these.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sageDieu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag muscat
Thanks Meter: 64

208 posts
More
good work>>>>>>
The Following User Says Thank You to hassan19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #3  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 20

206 posts
More
does it fit with the standard battery cover
19th January 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Weaverville, NC

2,114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip_viado

does it fit with the standard battery cover

yes, it is the exact same size as the stock battery. fits in my cover and seidio case perfectly

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500
5th February 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

106 posts
More
So I ordered this for my moms Fassy that I had and she is on stock rom slightly debloated and after putting it in it says that that battery isn't recognized. Any ideas for fixes?

Sent from my BA Bionic
5th February 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Weaverville, NC

2,114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidoo03

So I ordered this for my moms Fassy that I had and she is on stock rom slightly debloated and after putting it in it says that that battery isn't recognized. Any ideas for fixes?

Sent from my BA Bionic

hm... I have not tried it on anything except custom roms. I've heard that some roms don't support different types of batteries. maybe try flashing her to cm7, miui, something like that.

6th February 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Kouts
Thanks Meter: 146

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageDieu

hm... I have not tried it on anything except custom roms. I've heard that some roms don't support different types of batteries. maybe try flashing her to cm7, miui, something like that.

Iirc its the kernel that determines the 3rd party battery support and not the from. Try KGB or geewiz kernels for tw. I got a guide in general section that has all this information.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkuehl06 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Weaverville, NC

2,114 posts
More
that sounds right, try that.

6th February 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

106 posts
More
Alright I will check the guide, thanks guys.

Sent from my BA Bionic
6th February 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #10  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
+1 on the kernel from what i've heard. I was about to pull the trigger on one of the epic touch batteries on amazon litterally when i read this post. For the same price you can't beat these. Battery life has been a much welcomed improvement, and being able to just swap a fresh one from the charger and keep going really cant be beat. Thanks for the find bud.
Last edited by davezx6r; 7th February 2012 at 12:12 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread