Just a heads up for people getting license error issues. A little decompiling and a lot of code scanning later, I have figured out that every app that I have had a license issue with has included a second (redundant) license check that points to the company who wrote the software's server, and not just the Google Market. For example, app XYZ would have the standard market license check and then a second one that points to app XYZ's own license server.
In these cases, when I did a Ti backup restore, the license check always failed. I did not have the same issue with Eclipse but that rom is not AOSP like CM7. I have however been able to fix every license issue I have run across by uninstalling the problem app, manually removing any files/folders left behind (<- crucial!) and reinstalling directly from the market. Lastly, I had to re-download any extra data in app instead of copying it from the SD card backup.
For whatever reason just removing the apps, installing them from the market, and using recycled backed up data (game dat files, etc) still resulted in license failures. Again, its not just one app but several. My only guess is devs are starting to put hidden lines of code that check if "additional download data required" has been downloaded directly or copied to the sd from another source. Seems kind of stupid because its just going to lead to them having to pay for the extra bandwidth every time an end user re-installs the app. I am starting to get why people pirate software; as someone who pays for stuff, this DRM crap is getting old.
Hope this helps.