[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

21st February 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #1571  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 103

559 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

I have a little problem: I turn wifi on and data off, when I lock the screen and then reopen it, data and wifi turn back on.

I think this might be the battery saver I have doing its work but I just want to make sure that it is that and not the rom.

Ultimate juice or the alike will do that, but it is the ROM itself, I use no battery apps and have the same issue with wifi on and off...but shh I haven't had any problems since I sbfed and reflashed a week ago

SMILE It's Not Illegal Yet
21st February 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #1572  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 131

140 posts
More
Was using Eclipse and decided to give this a shot. Have used CM7 on an OD and was happy with the build so I figured I had nothing to lose. I had no issues getting things set up and so far its running great! Thank you everyone who has done the hard work getting this working on the DX2!

I know this is like a child being told not to do something and then asking if they can do it anyway, but can I remove Rom Manager w/o breaking anything? Its stated not to use it because it doesn't work and is just part of the CM7 package by default so it would be nice to remove it all together. Also, can I remove ADW if I use ADW EX (Or LP+ if the rewrite ever gets done)?

Edit 3: I took the plunge and did it anyway, So far I had no issues after getting rid of Rom Manager, ADW (Used ADW EX) and the stock file manager (Used Root explorer).

So far...

Things I have noticed: Reboot does not give the option to reboot into recovery, you must use the BSR icon instead of any system menu shortcuts. This is likely because this build uses a different BSR then stock CM7. Not a big deal.

The pull down toggles, and customization of those toggles is amazing. I only wish there was a setting to resize the buttons slimmer (so more fit on the screen w/o scrolling) and taller (so they are not so tiny). Again, not a huge deal and in its current state is certainly better then any other Rom I have used.

She is FAST. Faster then ANY Rom I have used on the DX and DX2. Actually I really can't put into words how fast this device is running other then you will not be able to keep up with your screen tapping. Nearly instant response. Note that I have not installed any apps yet and 90% of the speed and random reboot issues I have usually occur AFTER installing a bunch of apps.

Will report back on the random reboot issue. I was still getting these with Eclipse though it was less annoying because the times I was sleeping I did not get woken up with the obnoxious "DROID!" boot audio. If the random reboots stop then I will be 100% convinced they were directly related to Moto's bastardization of the Android OS.

Thanks again!

EDIT: If you turn off the boot animation with this [CM7] build you can get it to start from a cold boot in under 15 seconds! I do however miss the Eclipse reboot screen; man they did a really nice job with the animation in that Rom.

EDIT 2: WOOT Can finally change the device Host Name! No longer will my networks firewall report the phone as "android_device_asjkdhfkajsh5342" !!! I have no idea why this option is not included in Moto's Roms.

Edit 4: First Issue but its not a huge deal. If you turn off "USB Debugging" under Applications-> Development, the next time you reboot it will be turned back on by default. Not sure why it refuses to save this setting. It will turn it off but every reboot you will have to go back into settings and do it again.
Last edited by Thalinor; 21st February 2012 at 04:00 AM.
21st February 2012, 04:25 AM   |  #1573  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
Some one is having fun

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
21st February 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #1574  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 109

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor

Was using Eclipse and decided to give this a shot. Have used CM7 on an OD and was happy with the build so I figured I had nothing to lose. I had no issues getting things set up and so far its running great! Thank you everyone who has done the hard work getting this working on the DX2!

I know this is like a child being told not to do something and then asking if they can do it anyway, but can I remove Rom Manager w/o breaking anything? Its stated not to use it because it doesn't work and is just part of the CM7 package by default so it would be nice to remove it all together. Also, can I remove ADW if I use ADW EX (Or LP+ if the rewrite ever gets done)?

Edit 3: I took the plunge and did it anyway, So far I had no issues after getting rid of Rom Manager, ADW (Used ADW EX) and the stock file manager (Used Root explorer).

So far...

Things I have noticed: Reboot does not give the option to reboot into recovery, you must use the BSR icon instead of any system menu shortcuts. This is likely because this build uses a different BSR then stock CM7. Not a big deal.

The pull down toggles, and customization of those toggles is amazing. I only wish there was a setting to resize the buttons slimmer (so more fit on the screen w/o scrolling) and taller (so they are not so tiny). Again, not a huge deal and in its current state is certainly better then any other Rom I have used.

She is FAST. Faster then ANY Rom I have used on the DX and DX2. Actually I really can't put into words how fast this device is running other then you will not be able to keep up with your screen tapping. Nearly instant response. Note that I have not installed any apps yet and 90% of the speed and random reboot issues I have usually occur AFTER installing a bunch of apps.

Will report back on the random reboot issue. I was still getting these with Eclipse though it was less annoying because the times I was sleeping I did not get woken up with the obnoxious "DROID!" boot audio. If the random reboots stop then I will be 100% convinced they were directly related to Moto's bastardization of the Android OS.

Thanks again!

EDIT: If you turn off the boot animation with this [CM7] build you can get it to start from a cold boot in under 15 seconds! I do however miss the Eclipse reboot screen; man they did a really nice job with the animation in that Rom.

EDIT 2: WOOT Can finally change the device Host Name! No longer will my networks firewall report the phone as "android_device_asjkdhfkajsh5342" !!! I have no idea why this option is not included in Moto's Roms.

Edit 4: First Issue but its not a huge deal. If you turn off "USB Debugging" under Applications-> Development, the next time you reboot it will be turned back on by default. Not sure why it refuses to save this setting. It will turn it off but every reboot you will have to go back into settings and do it again.

I removed rom manager completely with tit backup with no problems. its just an included app so you should have no problem removing it. also I removed adw from the system/app folder and moved adw ex to that folder in its place. again, no problems there. customize away!
21st February 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #1575  
Flag Connecticut

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Some one is having fun

I was until I just realized I just got through eating raw(ish) chicken for dinner. Now the real fun is going to come in a few hours. : (

Probably should have been paying more attention to the grill and less to my phone. Usually food burns when this happens, not the opposite. I guess I am so used to waiting for screens to load on my phone, that now w/ some AOSP lovin', my perception of time itself has become distorted. lol

Why can't chicken be more like beef?

Edit: Ya Booked. Did the same, so far so good! Took me a while to figure out the Internal / SD Memory setup, but all is well. Seriously, Google should hire dragonzkiller and the CM team; throw in the Eclipse guys to rework the animations and visuals and have the perfect dream team.
Last edited by Thalinor; 21st February 2012 at 05:08 AM.
21st February 2012, 05:14 AM   |  #1576  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 109

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
So when I look at the internal storage in the settings it says 1.97gb total. What space is this referring to? I know the x2 has 8gb on board and I have a 16gb card but where is this 1.97gb?

21st February 2012, 05:20 AM   |  #1577  
Thanks Meter: 42

230 posts
More
The internal refers to the partition that apps are installed to. Sdcard is for the external and emmc is for the internal sdcard.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
21st February 2012, 12:42 PM   |  #1578  
Flag Connecticut

140 posts
More
Just a heads up for people getting license error issues. A little decompiling and a lot of code scanning later, I have figured out that every app that I have had a license issue with has included a second (redundant) license check that points to the company who wrote the software's server, and not just the Google Market. For example, app XYZ would have the standard market license check and then a second one that points to app XYZ's own license server.

In these cases, when I did a Ti backup restore, the license check always failed. I did not have the same issue with Eclipse but that rom is not AOSP like CM7. I have however been able to fix every license issue I have run across by uninstalling the problem app, manually removing any files/folders left behind (<- crucial!) and reinstalling directly from the market. Lastly, I had to re-download any extra data in app instead of copying it from the SD card backup.

For whatever reason just removing the apps, installing them from the market, and using recycled backed up data (game dat files, etc) still resulted in license failures. Again, its not just one app but several. My only guess is devs are starting to put hidden lines of code that check if "additional download data required" has been downloaded directly or copied to the sd from another source. Seems kind of stupid because its just going to lead to them having to pay for the extra bandwidth every time an end user re-installs the app. I am starting to get why people pirate software; as someone who pays for stuff, this DRM crap is getting old.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thalinor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #1579  
Thanks Meter: 113

551 posts
That's a good read Thal ...txs

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App
21st February 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #1580  
Thanks Meter: 1,399

4,829 posts
More
Im not sure if this was answered earlier, but what does dragonzkiller mean when he said "I will update CM7 when CyanogenMod finally says it's RC1"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread