Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 39,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

Tip us?

smallzfsu
Old
Thanks Meter 12
< 30 seconds, have you noticed it takes longer than that? What would you like me to try for you?

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
Was there a trick to update the SU binary? I just came back to a clean CM7 flash and I'm having trouble updating the binary (I didn't update the app through the Market at all). It just hangs while Checking Installed Version (3.0.3.2.).

EDIT: Nevermind, just enabled Wifi, restarted my phone, and it let me update the binary.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
I found sometimes I also had to go and kill off the tasks and try again. I believe part of this is also due to the SU bug that exists in CM7. This is apparently fix in CM9.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

thelowend
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallzfsu View Post
< 30 seconds, have you noticed it takes longer than that? What would you like me to try for you?

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App
Try leaving it off for ~1 minute and see what happens. Thanks.

lotus22
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Looking through the rest of the thread, it appears I am not the only one with WiFi dropping out every couple of hours or so.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue or is the only workaround to turn the WiFi off, then on again.
Android Devices- HTC Droid Eris->Motorola Droid->Motorola Droid X-> Motorola Droid X2

lordforex
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus22 View Post
Looking through the rest of the thread, it appears I am not the only one with WiFi dropping out every couple of hours or so.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue or is the only workaround to turn the WiFi off, then on again.
No fixes as of yet, just bandaids. I use Wifi Fixer to help my connection. It doesn't stop the dropping, but seems to make it less frequent. I'm also testing 'Wifi Keep Alive'
Droid X2 running Eclipse 2.3

unimatrix725
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Found new bugs. 1- When I changed the cyanogenmod settings for lockscreen.When changing the timeout it somehow affects the normal display setting for timeout. It makes the normal display setting timeout "unset" nothing dotted. The display then goes black after 30 seconds. I cannot fix it period, a little frustrating due to having a pin set. ?Seems to be corrected after choosing a custom app from the lockscreen options??
2- When changing cyanogenmod settings -> LockScreen-> Style Options for Style Specific Options(Ring) Custom app starter. I can add an app but it takes a very long time. I almost thought it was a WLOD, keys lit up and x2 froze almost a full minute. After that you may choose a app.
3- cyanogenmod settings ->LockScreen-> Style Options for Style Specific Options(Ring) The custom app cannot be removed from list, but can be replaced with another app. Turning on and off app box has no effect.

Will post if I find more issues. Thank you for all your hard work!

4- Not able to create a basic shortcut to cyanogenmod settings on desktop. It asks me to choose a submenu of cyanogenmod settings.
Please Push Thanks if I was helpful. That Button Next To Quote Button. Thank You for thanking me!

pacman377
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Location: Down South were we drink beer not water and southern comfort not pepsi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus22 View Post

I don't normally use wifi but the other week I did and it would cut off like your talking about. The way I got it to work was set the screen time out to 30 min and then I just made sure the screen didn't turn off. All day I downloaded stuff and used the internet with no problems. I wasn't worried about the battery dying as I was in the house and just hooked it to the charger when it got low.

Travisdroidx2
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
Was there a trick to update the SU binary? I just came back to a clean CM7 flash and I'm having trouble updating the binary (I didn't update the app through the Market at all). It just hangs while Checking Installed Version (3.0.3.2.).

EDIT: Nevermind, just enabled Wifi, restarted my phone, and it let me update the binary.

Weird I use nothing but wifi at home and it has never cut out on me. Been using cm7 for the most part since DK released it. Guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Moon Shadow - NM
Old
Thanks Meter 494

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordforex View Post
No fixes as of yet, just bandaids. I use Wifi Fixer to help my connection. It doesn't stop the dropping, but seems to make it less frequent. I'm also testing 'Wifi Keep Alive'
I have a new thread to address the WIFI issues. See: ASSISTANCE REQUEST - CM7DX2 users with WIFI problems...

Essentially, I need people who have adb working and are familiar with it enough to push/pull things to and from the phone.

Ciao!

If I helped you, just hit the THANKS button. It's free, and nice to see. If I REALLY helped you, consider donating, or signing up for Dropbox from here and we both receive an extra 250MB of storage!

Also, check out my Motorola Droid X2 tutorials:
HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2

lotus22
Old
(Last edited by lotus22; 23rd February 2012 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Here are my logcats that have been grep'd for both E and W.

This is for the WiFi issue.
Attached Files
File Type: txt e_logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (46.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: txt w_logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (188.4 KB, 5 views)
Android Devices- HTC Droid Eris->Motorola Droid->Motorola Droid X-> Motorola Droid X2