No registration required

[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

OP dragonzkiller

1st April 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #1781  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 867

3,192 posts
More
I asked the same question I have unlimited data. I was told you have to have radio hack to get it to where Verizon can not see it if you return it. But sbf back to 2.2.2 will get radio back on pace from what I read.
1st April 2012, 07:52 AM   |  #1782  
Shelton
Thanks Meter: 33

242 posts
More
The tether patch makes it so u can use the wifi that comes with the phone.

I'm not sure what dzk did but its isn't adhoc like all these secondary tethers u can download from the market.

I can actually give my ps3 a connection unlike before with adhoc.

If Verizon gonna harass u about using it, it would probably be that your using a ton of data unlike before. My guess.

All the radicom hack does is copy the "identifying number" of ur cell data, and paste it over the identifying number for your tethering data. So the two pathways look the same. Thats why u always received a message stating u had to buy a plan when attempting to tether another device before.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
Last edited by 6Flip9; 1st April 2012 at 07:59 AM.
2nd April 2012, 05:15 AM   |  #1783  
Nyc
Thanks Meter: 25

227 posts
More
Just to clear this up!!
Since know one seem to be sure about the tethering thing I asked dragonzkiller and he said

"not if you did the tethering hack. but the tether hack must be done before flashing CM7 and every time after an SBF"

Right after he replied to my tweet he tweeted

"IF (BIG IF) i get time this week, I'll release the version of #cm9dx2 i had running in the video. yes it's old, but it's all i have."

Edit: I jumped the gun a bit here!!!!

The tether hack IS NOT the patch found in this thread Dragonkiller told me it's the one found on the Droid3

Dragonkiller: "@CarlosBattousai no. It's the one that was found on the DROID3, but it works for us too."

Hopefully all the tetehering questions have been answered now!!!
Last edited by CarlosBattousai; 2nd April 2012 at 05:33 AM.
3rd April 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #1784  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
Noticed a couple of bugs after flashing this ROM:
  • Stock Dialer app does not work - FC every time. Stock contacts and recent calls work OK - just the dialer itself that has problems.
  • Battery life seems somewhat reduced
  • If the phone is plugged into a charger while turned off, it will turn on by itself and begin the boot sequence, but it gets stuck at the Droid X2 Dual Core splash screen. Phone will stay in this state until battery removal. Becomes notoriously difficult when phone is out of battery.
  • Will sometimes treat a shut-down command as a reboot command

Otherwise best ROM I've seen for DX2 to date.
3rd April 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #1785  
Flag Bay Area California

3,192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbron

Noticed a couple of bugs after flashing this ROM:

• Stock Dialer app does not work - FC every time. Stock contacts and recent calls work OK - just the dialer itself that has problems.
  • Battery life seems somewhat reduced
  • If the phone is plugged into a charger while turned off, it will turn on by itself and begin the boot sequence, but it gets stuck at the Droid X2 Dual Core splash screen. Phone will stay in this state until battery removal. Becomes notoriously difficult when phone is out of battery.
  • Will sometimes treat a shut-down command as a reboot command

Otherwise best ROM I've seen for DX2 to date.

When you say stock dialer are you saying stock as blur or stock cm7? I am not having any of those issues.
4th April 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #1786  
Shelton
Thanks Meter: 33

242 posts
More
Reason for the the dialer issue is a bad download, and make sure to sbf to 2.3.4

The reason it starts on its own is from remnants of bootstrap recovery. Reinstall bootstrap so that it will load it when you u plug it in from a powered off state.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
7th April 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #1787  
Thanks Meter: 5

114 posts
anybody else having trouble with root explorer not updating on cm7dx2 mine keeps giving me error messeges
7th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #1788  
Flag Bay Area California

3,192 posts
More
Not me my root explorer is up to date.
7th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #1789  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
I just flashed to this rom yesterday. I had not had a chance to before now. I have always loved CM so I am very excited to see it for X2.

This is great so far with the only issue for me being that the wifi connection doesn't always reestablish when the phone has been on idle and the screen off. I usually have to power off wifi and restart it. Not a major thing but annoying but if that is the only bug in a beta then I'd have to say well done.

Now I have not had the chance to read the 1000+ posts in this thread so if there is a solution I would love to see a link to it and would appreciate no one flaming me. LOL.

Thanks to those that have ported this over. It really makes my crappy X2 into a new and great phone.
8th April 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #1790  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlinecomputers

I just flashed to this rom yesterday. I had not had a chance to before now. I have always loved CM so I am very excited to see it for X2.

This is great so far with the only issue for me being that the wifi connection doesn't always reestablish when the phone has been on idle and the screen off. I usually have to power off wifi and restart it. Not a major thing but annoying but if that is the only bug in a beta then I'd have to say well done.

Now I have not had the chance to read the 1000+ posts in this thread so if there is a solution I would love to see a link to it and would appreciate no one flaming me. LOL.

Thanks to those that have ported this over. It really makes my crappy X2 into a new and great phone.

It's cool man, the wifi issue is widespread and has been fixed to a degree. I believe it was moon shadow that developed the wifi fix for CM7. Look for that thread in this section. It won't make your wifi perfect but it will help.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to thelowend For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread