Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

Tip us?

Travisdroidx2
Old
Thanks Meter 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanThaDude View Post
I would assume as long as your on the 2.3.4 kernel all you would have to do is the Big-3 Wipe.
I would agree as long as you are on same kernal you should be fine.

skwoodwiva
Old
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
I'm not even gonna wipe data on first try as bsr will be trashed. On most roms you can get by the FCs to privacy data reset and so doing sure of rebooting just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to skwoodwiva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbellis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwoodwiva View Post
I'm not even gonna wipe data on first try as bsr will be trashed. On most roms you can get by the FCs to privacy data reset and so doing sure of rebooting just fine.
i know that it will be done at my own risk but are you saying that you are going to install ontop of alpha and do a factory reset once everything is loaded? and by doing this...BSR wont be messed up?

jimenez
Old
Thanks Meter 4
anytime theres a update for a rom i just flash it over the previous version that is already installed and just reboot, unless it requires of a different kernel of course. I never had a problem or ever got force closes with this method but we shall see
The Following User Says Thank You to jimenez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbellis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
thanks gus! I love the XDA group!

onefix
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia View Post
The heat is most likely generated by the 3g radio streaming constantly ...which seems to be located near the cpu since the cpu gets hot when pulling a lot through 3g.

/end hijack lol sorry....I couldn't help going off topic....
No, the heat is likely the init bug that is about to be fixed.

rbellis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Dragon just twitted "Anticipation... :P".....I hope this means something will be happening soon

Android.Ninja
Old
(Last edited by Android.Ninja; 17th January 2012 at 02:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 256
Default Just an FYI...

Just an FYI....

I wouldn't apply the update over the Alpha build.
dragonzkiller hasn't sent down his instructions yet,
but rest assured I believe he will reiterate the same thing.
It is always possible you can update with out wiping data, cache, Davlik etc,
but then there's also a certainty that you will have problems.

Remember this was an alpha build. Moving foward to a more stable and reliable build, and with these changes comes a change in files and structure.
Why risk a flashing a good build over the top of a build previously with known issues? No disrespect to the developer is intended. Dragonzkiller is well known for his quality of work. However if you know that alpha build has certain issues why would you flash a more stabke release over the top of a unstable base. Not a good idea at all. Those are the ones we wiil be reading about in this forum as it progresses.

The link is gonna drop soon, So be ready and do things the right way the first time, this way you dont experience those unexplained issues later, anjd end up SBF'ing anyways. Just my thoughts from 20+ years in developing.

Whatever instructions dragonzkiller provides I would suggest following his instructrions. However as a positive rule of thumb; I would suggest to always:

1. NANDROID BACKUP!
2. SBF to 2.3.4,
3. Root with zergRUSH.
4. Install the ORIGINAL Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery.
5. Put all updates / zips on your sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery.
7. Install CM7 and updates.
8. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
9. Then sit back and enjoy your new and STABLE CM7 on your DX2!

Android.Ninja

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbellis View Post
Dragon just twitted "Anticipation... :P".....I hope this means something will be happening soon
Very soon!
Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android.Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stuckinabox
Old
Thanks Meter 22
That was odd. I pressed the power button on my phone and it woke up but the screen didn't turn on. I either managed to shut it off or it crashed, because it rebooted, only when it came back on it said I was roaming. After another reboot it went back to normal.

Romans8vs1
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Makes perfect sense Ninja. I am very new to all of this and wont learn without asking. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!