5,594,805 Members 37,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

Tip us?

rbellis
Old
(Last edited by rbellis; 17th January 2012 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
downloading now.....Can't wait to get this loaded!

Android.Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans8vs1 View Post
Makes perfect sense Ninja. I am very new to all of this and wont learn without asking. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
No problem at all!

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

#cm7dx2 beta is LIVE! visit the thread to get your new link!

Android.Ninja
Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android.Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbellis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
got it all moved over and am SBF'ing now!

pacman377
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Location: Down South were we drink beer not water and southern comfort not pepsi.
Why does my download speed choose to slow down now. Thanks dragon!

Android.Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Thumbs up CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 BETA - Nake sure to follow the OP instructions exactly

Now, onto the good stuff! It MUST be done in this order!

1. NANDROID BACKUP!
2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
3. Root your Motorola Droid X2. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]
4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
5. Put both the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
7. Install the CM7 zip.
8. THEN the Google Apps Zip.
9. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
10. Boot your phone into CM7. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
11. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have CM7DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
12. Go into the Superuser app and update the su binary.
13. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone. Keep in mind that once you update the Superuser app, you cannot update the su binary. (Looking into this, however, it might be a Superuser issue and not a CM7 issue.)
14. Sit back and enjoy CM7 on your DX2!
15. Never user RomManager! (Yes it's included, but that's a CM7 thing and won't work with the DX2.)
16. NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL! The hijack requires files in there that are installed with the BSR. I don't know why any non-dev would be messing with those files anyway.

NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the Google Apps Zip is flashed you didn't follow these steps. But you DON'T have to SBF! Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.

Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With CM7DX2
In order to get into recovery with CM7DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack. NEVER install the original BSR while in CM7DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!
Developers don't need no stinkin' signature!
If I've been able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android.Ninja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Travisdroidx2
Old
Thanks Meter 766
So once I get into CM7 it will allow me to use my old BSR to open and flash the new one?

MrWilliams2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2 View Post
So once I get into CM7 it will allow me to use my old BSR to open and flash the new one?
You don't have to flash the new BSR. It's an APK. Just download and install.
----------------
Droid Eris --> Droid Pro --> Droid X2 --> HTC Rezound --> Galaxy Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to MrWilliams2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maggard5
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2 View Post
You should install the new one from your sd card just like you installed the old one. You do not flash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to maggard5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Travisdroidx2
Old
(Last edited by Travisdroidx2; 17th January 2012 at 02:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 766
thanks for clarifying

I am in I see MY CM7

skwoodwiva
Old
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf582 View Post
Your mistake was assuming he was 'complaining' instead of merely reporting. Tone is difficult to convey on the internet and your writing style clearly differs from his so to prevent future confusion, do not mistake a curt reply for a complaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbellis View Post
i know that it will be done at my own risk but are you saying that you are going to install ontop of alpha and do a factory reset once everything is loaded? and by doing this...BSR wont be messed up?
Well this is the safest route as you got "booting to cm7" so a wipe will trash cwr but not sys boot. Once back from stock wipe then do the other stuff.