Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 BETA - Nake sure to follow the OP instructions exactly
Now, onto the good stuff! It MUST be done in this order!
1. NANDROID BACKUP!
2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
3. Root your Motorola Droid X2. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]
4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
5. Put both the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
7. Install the CM7 zip.
8. THEN the Google Apps Zip.
9. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
10. Boot your phone into CM7. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
11. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have CM7DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
12. Go into the Superuser app and update the su binary.
13. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone. Keep in mind that once you update the Superuser app, you cannot update the su binary. (Looking into this, however, it might be a Superuser issue and not a CM7 issue.)
14. Sit back and enjoy CM7 on your DX2!
15. Never user RomManager! (Yes it's included, but that's a CM7 thing and won't work with the DX2.)
16. NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL! The hijack requires files in there that are installed with the BSR. I don't know why any non-dev would be messing with those files anyway.
NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the Google Apps Zip is flashed you didn't follow these steps. But you DON'T have to SBF! Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.
Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With CM7DX2
In order to get into recovery with CM7DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack. NEVER install the original BSR while in CM7DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!