Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

Tip us?

fargles
Old
(Last edited by fargles; 18th January 2012 at 08:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubomime View Post
What it sounds like to me is that when you flashed cm7 it aborted for one reason or another and you just didn't notice. If you're on 2.3.4 I wouldn't bother with another sbf, just reinstall the old bootstrap, wipe data/cache, and flash cm7 again being sure to watch what the screen says, whether successful or aborted. Then reinstall the gapps zip and reboot. If that all goes well, don't forget to install the new bsr patch again.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
hm interesting, thanks! I will try right now

Edit: looks like it was a bad DL, I tried to install again and it said something like it couldn't access the file, or something along those lines. So new DL and going to try and flash again

jwats1973
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you get widget locker you can.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg714 View Post
is there anyway to make it so I can use the notification pull down while on the lockscreen? Thats about the only feature not on CM7 that I would love to see.
If you get widget locker you can

LaserChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
Anyone else having the torch app and toggle force close on them? I had it working once for a little bit but now it just force closes all the time.
I've had it close on me intermittently, same with ADW.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

CarlosBattousai
Old
Thanks Meter 24
This is my first time on a Cyangenmod and I'm wondering where is the wired/wireless tether?
If you want to get a hold/know me you can check out my http://about.me/carlosbattousai

Thanks~

murtezahu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default hardware acceleration

do we know if hardware acceleration is working in this build?
if youve tried playing fruit ninja, you will see what i mean. It runs TERRIBLE...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

also, i tried using Bluetooth in the car, pandora works, but i cant make or receive calls...

anybody else having this issue?

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtezahu View Post
if youve tried playing fruit ninja, you will see what i mean. It runs TERRIBLE...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

also, i tried using Bluetooth in the car, pandora works, but i cant make or receive calls...

Huh? Fruit Ninja (normal and THD) play flawlessly on my CM7 DX2. Are you running the Beta and not the Alpha of CM7? If Blue Tooth isn't working, I'm thinking you are on the Alpha because Blue Tooth didn't work with it. I've connected my stereo head sets and my Jawbone ICON to it and they both work just fine. No issues. If you are on the Alpha, you need to get the Beta.

Are you running ANY type of init scripts that didn't come with CM7? I didn't have to tweak one setting of CM7 and Fruit Ninja runs great.

Now, sometimes upon initial run, it plays choppy, but usually, after a bit, it works just fine, but that is rare.

One thing I have noticed is, if you don't connect right away into OpenFeint, it seems to run really slow until it either gives up and says you are offline or else, finally logs you into OpenFeint.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

motcher41
Old
Thanks Meter 1275

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtezahu View Post

Did you install this over another rom? If you did. SBF and reinstall it. I found I had a few intermittant issues when I installed the BETA over Eclipse 2.0.3.
Check out the friendliest community on Google+
Droid Friends Community
Everyone and virtually everything welcome here!
Visit http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ for a very friendly android community.

RyanThaDude
Old
Thanks Meter 41
At the moment there's nothing better than this ROM right now. However there are some issues I've come across.
  • WiFi disconnects randomly. Toggling it off and on usually restores it. Had this issue with the alpha, too.
  • Notifications can become unresponsive and stuck mid swipe at times when swiping them away. Restart is the only fix.
  • Is it me or is the display using more battery than before? I don't remember "Display" in the Battery Stats with such a high percentage.
  • Rare freeze. I had it freeze where touch unresponsive using the stock browser. Somehow the 4 bottom buttons would light when pressed but did nothing. A long press of the power would display the pop up but failed to do anything else. Had to do a battery pull.
One good thing is that I always had GPS issues, especially with Eclipse. I've had ZERO GPS issues with CM7. I flipped the internal and external sdcards since I can't stand having app data on the external and recording video to internal is much smoother. I still have the crappy original 8gb card that's slow as hell.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by motcher41 View Post
Did you install this over another rom? If you did. SBF and reinstall it. I found I had a few intermittant issues when I installed the BETA over Eclipse 2.0.3.
There would be issues if you flashed over Eclipse 2.0.3 since it's a 2.3.5-based ROM. CM7 is 2.3.4-based. SBF IS required.

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanThaDude View Post
At the moment there's nothing better than this ROM right now. However there are some issues I've come across.
  • WiFi disconnects randomly. Toggling it off and on usually restores it. Had this issue with the alpha, too.
  • Notifications can become unresponsive and stuck mid swipe at times when swiping them away. Restart is the only fix.
  • Is it me or is the display using more battery than before? I don't remember "Display" in the Battery Stats with such a high percentage.
  • Rare freeze. I had it freeze where touch unresponsive using the stock browser. Somehow the 4 bottom buttons would light when pressed but did nothing. A long press of the power would display the pop up but failed to do anything else. Had to do a battery pull.
One good thing is that I always had GPS issues, especially with Eclipse. I've had ZERO GPS issues with CM7. I flipped the internal and external sdcards since I can't stand having app data on the external and recording video to internal is much smoother. I still have the crappy original 8gb card that's slow as hell.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

There would be issues if you flashed over Eclipse 2.0.3 since it's a 2.3.5-based ROM. CM7 is 2.3.4-based. SBF IS required.
I have noticed the display being a very high percentage as well.

murtezahu
Old
(Last edited by murtezahu; 18th January 2012 at 09:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Huh? Fruit Ninja (normal and THD) play flawlessly on my CM7 DX2. Are you running the Beta and not the Alpha of CM7? If Blue Tooth isn't working, I'm thinking you are on the Alpha because Blue Tooth didn't work with it. I've connected my stereo head sets and my Jawbone ICON to it and they both work just fine. No issues. If you are on the Alpha, you need to get the Beta.

Are you running ANY type of init scripts that didn't come with CM7? I didn't have to tweak one setting of CM7 and Fruit Ninja runs great.

Now, sometimes upon initial run, it plays choppy, but usually, after a bit, it works just fine, but that is rare.

One thing I have noticed is, if you don't connect right away into OpenFeint, it seems to run really slow until it either gives up and says you are offline or else, finally logs you into OpenFeint.
im definitely on the beta. I think you may be right, it may be openfeint. As for the bluetooth, it works fine to play audio to the car (i.e. pandor and such) but its not connecting the phone portion for whatever reason. Im able to transfer the address book as well. I may try to to delete and re-pair and see if that fixes it. Will let you know...

also, i did sbf to 2.3.4 did all the wipes and such, so it is a FRESH install, not running anything besides cm7