Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

powermat mod ***Walkthrough and pics now available!!!***

OP TannerBlair

12th March 2012, 12:14 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxy666

Would love to see the pics re-uploaded for this walk through.

Oxy

Me too

10 characters.
27th March 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #22  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
This is awesome. I think I will try it out. Cheers!
1st May 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
I did this mod and it works great but I noticed the phone thinks it is in usb mode and only pulls 450mA, does anyone know if this charger can handle 650mA? if so shorting green and white together should tell the phone its connected to an AC adapter and let it pull 650mA and charge faster. The only problem is then the phone will think its charging nonstop, maybe thats what the other two pads on the receiver are for?

Update: Tried just shorting white and green wires (D+ and D-) noticed no ill effects and i'm getting full 650mA on the pad soo...
Last edited by jacob.alberty; 1st May 2012 at 05:54 AM.
1st May 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #24  
Flag Chehalis, WA
Thanks Meter: 17

155 posts
More
Excellent walkthrough, OP! Your pictures are down, but it's easy enough to figure out what to do with the information you gave.

I'm considering modding my Kraken case, but I'm not too sure how well it'll work with the thickness of the outer case. After all, induction becomes horribly inefficient after one wavelength, and magnetism will obviously be affected. I'm not sure what frequency Powermat uses for their chargers, but let's hope it's longer than ~2 mm. Wish me luck!

I'll report back with results when I attempt the mod. I expect Otterboxes to be roughly the same in terms of efficacy, as well as any ballistic case I've ever seen, so this should apply to those to at least some extent.

ps: if you don't like powermats, I have a feeling this thread may not be for you.
1st May 2012, 02:40 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 124

685 posts
It would be nice if they would just make a battery that will work with a powermat. I'd love to have one with my i777 but I'm not going to try to build my own, a nice little USB dongle would be cool while I'm home I wouldn't mind having that stuck in the bottom to just toss it in the matt and walk away. Is a power mat a must have for a user on the go? No, you can just toss your phone on the plug if you need to charge it for a long period but the concept is nice just toss it down and be done with it. I have the black case att offers for my phone wouldn't mind sticking it all in that. Is something like a micro chip that lays flat on the battery then runs leads to the battery connections possible without Modding the case? I was thinking if you could peal the sticker off the battery for that little 16th of an inch and get a small enough magnet setup inside the stock housing that'd be nice, any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
9th August 2012, 12:29 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi mate, im pretty new to the forum as i just got a SGS2 and i was looking for powermat mods when i came across your post, very cool stuff and a awesome job to say the least, i wanted to something similar and i just wanted to know if its possible to wire the powermat receiver directly to the USB port(sorry if this has been asked before). Any help and advice would be welcome

Thanks in advance
20th January 2013, 04:22 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 4

62 posts
why would you host your images on dropbox?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread