OP mr72

14th February 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #41  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 388

1,210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod

I'm sure this is just a quick way of saying "slider all the way to the left" above, but if you use any kind of tool or prop editor that lets you custom adjust brightness levels, don't go below 5 or so, and definitely never 0!

0 percent brightness is a black screen, and trust me, it is a bitch to undue when you can't see a damn thing.I speak from ill-gotten experience from when I was deep in the throes of a battery maximization obsession. It was not pretty, and my tablet has a lot less FCs now that I have quit trying to freeze "non-essential" processes/apps.

I have a brightness widget its really easy to change it since it has preset. Right now I can see perfectly at 0%, just a bit of reflection since its daytime. When screen is black (e.g. reading in nightmode) I use 2% when the room is dark. Otherwise I'm around 10% to 25%

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
15th February 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 26

132 posts
Any reason why this method and these settings would not work as well on an SD card install?
15th February 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #43  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,511

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
Trust me, you are not actually at zero brightness. You are the lowest available preset for whatever widget you have used/configured. Some apps that provide brightness Widgets have strict variable levels that they allow you toggle between, others allow you to enter custom values.

It is important to know that you are probably at 7% or so at lowest. Someday you may, like I did, decide to make your own widget with just the preset values you find usefu. If you believe, like I did then and you do now, that zero brightness is simply very dim, you will have a rude awakening when your screen goes black and you cannot remember exactly where the toggle is by touch alone.

Trust me on this one. Or don't and try it, just remember where that widget is placed (I am pretty sure Elixir is where I defined my levels when I did it, but I have seen the capability several places.)
15th February 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #44  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 388

1,210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod

Trust me, you are not actually at zero brightness. You are the lowest available preset for whatever widget you have used/configured. Some apps that provide brightness Widgets have strict variable levels that they allow you toggle between, others allow you to enter custom values...

When I'm reading in Kobo I can set the brightness down to 0% and you can only see it in really dark rooms with nightmode. The widget I use goes lower than the default brightness levels in CM7, but I got to admit it might be it's not 0% truly. My wallpapers are bright so it makes it easier to see when in such low brightness and I always know where my brightness widget is

So I'm going to try to figure out what 0% in this brightness widget really is...

Edit:

Ok I download elixir and it says my brightness is at 4%
Last edited by jgaf; 15th February 2012 at 03:35 PM.
15th February 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #45  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 122

485 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidr415

Any reason why this method and these settings would not work as well on an SD card install?

I am not aware of any reason, but I have never tried an SD card install.

One thing is the SD<->EMMC swap and the partitioning might be things that don't get along with a SD card install.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 26

132 posts
Thanks Mr72.. I'll give it a shot. I am not unhappy with memory allocation..just shooting for max battery life as I use my NC for only a few things. I've had good luck with the several SD installs I've done.. just trying to make them as efficient as possible on batt life.
19th February 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 1

125 posts
hello to mr72 and other friends
when I install super charge script in last step. when enter 16 device reboot. it is ok or no place give. answer thanks
22nd February 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #48  
Kay See Emmoh
Thanks Meter: 131

288 posts
Just dropping a thanks for this being a go-to thread when I needed it.
23rd February 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 52

250 posts
I have decided to implement your setup. I am planning to give my nook to my sister. It looks like a setup that can work without a lot of maintenance. Hope it survives her four kids.

I am wondering about the partition. I have been getting the Amazon free applications on an account for her. Will the large number of games need a larger app partition? I do not have many games installed, so I am not sure where they are stored.
27th February 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #50  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 122

485 posts
More
I don't think you'll need a larger partition for apps. Hard to say though. I guess if you put enough apps, you will run out of space no matter what. I have a TON of apps and still have a lot of space available.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread