Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP THREAD] HTC Sensation | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

Tip us?

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_rain View Post
I recently downloaded ICS OTA update but I'm not able to install it. (my phone is rooted, S-off, with ClockMode Recovery and all that stuff)

Do I have to flash Stock Ruu? if yes then how do I know b `which stock ruu I had before (I mean the Asia, middle east, Europe ruu thingy)

Thanx in advance =}
Why would you want ota if tou are fully unlocked?
Anyway. Yes, just copy that ota somewhere, reflash your ruu, put ota back and apply it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
The Following User Says Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dublinz
Old
Thanks Meter 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_rain View Post
I recently downloaded ICS OTA update but I'm not able to install it. (my phone is rooted, S-off, with ClockMode Recovery and all that stuff)

Do I have to flash Stock Ruu? if yes then how do I know b `which stock ruu I had before (I mean the Asia, middle east, Europe ruu thingy)

Thanx in advance =}
Ok mate, can you please provide wee bit more info
1. What rom you currently running?
2. Do you want to stock ICS or some of the Rom's
3. Is your phone Super CID

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1 View Post
Why would you want ota if tou are fully unlocked?
Anyway. Yes, just copy that ota somewhere, reflash your ruu, put ota back and apply it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
@Tinky1 he can use ICS RUU (you kindly provide mirror for it)the one created as PG58IMG from here, so he will maintain S-OFF ....

Devices :
HTC Desisre
HTC Sensation XE
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S4

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinz View Post
Ok mate, can you please provide wee bit more info
1. What rom you currently running?
2. Do you want to stock ICS or some of the Rom's
3. Is your phone Super CID

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

@Tinky1 he can use ICS RUU (you kindly provide mirror for it)the one created as PG58IMG from here, so he will maintain S-OFF ....
He will maintain s-off regardless of what he flashes, as long as he doesn't write secureflag deliberately..
Sensation had radio s-off, which is quite different from what was on htc desire, where s-off would be overwritten by ruu.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ZABER1000
Old
(Last edited by ZABER1000; 4th May 2012 at 05:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Hey all i recently got a second hand htc sensation and it has no mobile conectivity i placed sim card inside and it says "no signal limited service"

im wondering if the guy ive bought it of has reported it stolen and blocked it ? im not sure whats going on. everything else works fine
this is only my second android phone can anyone help me out

oh and by the way before he sold it me he did a factory reset by using the volume button and also the power button

js2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey all, I apologize if this has been asked before but I am still new to my Sensation 4G phone and I haven't had the chance to get it rooted, s-offed, or anything like that since I am not familiar with the process.

I am planning to wait for the official update of the ICS but my question is because I bought my phone from a store and my carrier is with Rogers, when will I get the update or am I even eligible for the update? Also, my Android Market still has not been updated to the Play Store. Is this normal? Thanks!

joaquinf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZABER1000 View Post
Hey all i recently got a second hand htc sensation and it has no mobile conectivity i placed sim card inside and it says "no signal limited service"

im wondering if the guy ive bought it of has reported it stolen and blocked it ? im not sure whats going on. everything else works fine
this is only my second android phone can anyone help me out

oh and by the way before he sold it me he did a factory reset by using the volume button and also the power button
My guess is that you have a defective SIM card or signal problems in the place you are located because the phone does recognize it. Have you tried cleaning up your SIM card or using a different one? maybe go outside and try to get a stronger signal? have you checked if you inserted the SIM the right way??

I don't know what would it be the case if you report a stolen phone. I don't know what you will see in the screen or what kind of problems you may have ... but if that is the case you better go to that guy now and claim your money back

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by js2012 View Post
Hey all, I apologize if this has been asked before but I am still new to my Sensation 4G phone and I haven't had the chance to get it rooted, s-offed, or anything like that since I am not familiar with the process.

I am planning to wait for the official update of the ICS but my question is because I bought my phone from a store and my carrier is with Rogers, when will I get the update or am I even eligible for the update? Also, my Android Market still has not been updated to the Play Store. Is this normal? Thanks!
Hi before you update your phone via OTA or do something else could you please do this steps?:
  • Go to settings>power and untick fast boot
  • Power off phone
  • Hold volume-down + power button to boot into the bootloader
Then post here what your screen reads. If your hboot version is ≤ 1.18 the best advice you will get is: do not apply the OTA while being s-on.
Phone: HTC ONE
ROM: Latest IC - SixthSense
Kernel: Latest ElementalX

Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 - 32 Gb
ROM: Stock google factory image
Add me to your circles on Google+

Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to joaquinf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

will3307
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have been able to root and install roms on a couple of phones but i am having the worst time with the HTC Sensation 4g for T-mobile I installed Clockwork but then i installed Andriod revolution and now i have 4ext how do i get rid of it

djvesic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Setup problem on ICS

Hi,

I have two problems after installing ICS on my sensation.

I can't customize my lock screen shortcuts, and I can't set up different sound for sms and delivery report of sms.

I had all that before. Can someone tell me how can I do that or simple you can't!

Thanks in advance

joaquinf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3307 View Post
I have been able to root and install roms on a couple of phones but i am having the worst time with the HTC Sensation 4g for T-mobile I installed Clockwork but then i installed Andriod revolution and now i have 4ext how do i get rid of it
"During the installation of ARHD ROM you will be asked if you want to add/flash certain features ( i.e: stock or custom kernel, TMOUS 4g support, sony bravia engine, HQ camera mod, among other things). To make those choices you need to flash 4ext recovery touch before the ROM, if you decide to flash the ROM with CMW recovery this options will not appear. 4ext recovery touch is included in ARHD by default, any other recovery will be overwriten after the installation."

May i ask why you want to get rid of it? that's an amazing piece of sotware and the best recovery out there IMHO. Give it a try you'll be amazed with all the features included. Plus it's up to date and it takes advantage of the touch screen (also it's based on CMW and fully compatible with your previous backups). A great idea is to install the 4EXT Recovery Updater or 4EXT Recovery Control to keep up with the latest updates and news. Go to 4EXT thread or www.4ext.net.. Try it for a couple of days and you won't regret.

Just in case you want to flash CMW again all you need to do is download and reflash the recovery file from here
Phone: HTC ONE
ROM: Latest IC - SixthSense
Kernel: Latest ElementalX

Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 - 32 Gb
ROM: Stock google factory image
Add me to your circles on Google+

Kernel: Stock

ZABER1000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
joaquinf i thanked you for your post. ive just tried a couple of orange sims and none of them seem to give a signal. i tried putting in a sim that i knew was network locked even those didnt give off a signal..

tried going outside walked about and nothing. and im sure the sim is in the right way .
i bought it off craigslist and hes not picking up his phone anymore.. im not sure if he knew the phone was screwed or he changed his number..

is there anyway software wise to find out if the phones been locked?
im running out of options. thinking about using it as a mini tablet if all else fails.

am i missing something? do you need a special sim?

Tags
a bunch of guys who know it all, answer, can i get a hug?, ganesh is hero, guru ganesh, help me now i burnt my carrot cake, malybru is da best, noob, question, save me tinky1, sensation