Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP THREAD] HTC Sensation | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

Tip us?

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7826

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienator9191 View Post
Hey i use arhd for a while now but i ran into some problems,
It doesnt keep my keyboardsettings the same
It keeps deleting that i coupled suggjesteded contact

It does this for 2 days full, tryed reboot remove and reinstert batery
I only yet didnt reflash rom since i dont have space on my sd to make an backup of he rom or all my apps... Oh signature gets edited im runing 6.2.1 , new kernel 1.7 ghz undervolted
did you superwipe? the thing is for new builds super wipe then start over again without restoring data from backup is often highly recommended otherwise if apk's have been updated to save data in a slightly different format or something then issues and bugs can occur if the user restores data

phantomblu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How do I check my current firmware version? I'm trying to flash back to CM7, but I'm not sure if I have the right one installed.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblu View Post
How do I check my current firmware version? I'm trying to flash back to CM7, but I'm not sure if I have the right one installed.
Hi,

Reboot into hboot,(hold down volume - and power button)and see what it says next to hboot.

Kawirider594
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default just did first s-off and root! help finding ics/sence 3.6 rom install please!!

hey everyone, first post here, i just s-off and rooted my sensation for the first time, and my first time rooting a phone in general! i did it. lol
anyways, what i am looking for is the newest updated version of ics and sence 3.6 or 4.0 (whatever one is better) rom to install on my phone!
if you could post the link that would be great
thanks to all you guys here i could do this.
David

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirider594 View Post
hey everyone, first post here, i just s-off and rooted my sensation for the first time, and my first time rooting a phone in general! i did it. lol
anyways, what i am looking for is the newest updated version of ics and sence 3.6 or 4.0 (whatever one is better) rom to install on my phone!
if you could post the link that would be great
thanks to all you guys here i could do this.
David
Hi,

Firstly,familiarize yourself with THIS THREAD

Then ,go and get ARHD ICS ROM HERE

Enjoy.

sadiniel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1 View Post
Depending on leaked ICS version, sometimes settings don't stick, especially on earlier leaks. Try latest leak after full wipe.
Thanks for the insight. I'll be giving the latest and greatest a try as soon as it's available.

cehennem23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Please help me

hi guys my name is Eren and I am really bad status sorry for my english . Whatever I'll come to issue.First I have an Htc Sensation and I make it s-off then clockwork then root then supercid lastly I instal ruu android 4.0.1 and It is not stable I want to go back 2.3.4 . I have to root again for flash to rom for root I have to enter recovery in hboot . When I hit the power button in hboot first a phone appears with a green recovery symbol appears then an phone appears with attention logo then its stops. Guys I have to figure out how can I root again I mean How can I enter recovery in hboot . Please help me!

jhayton
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Question:

With Straight Talk fixing to launch the G2x, can I potentially easily just buy a ST SIM and pop it in my Unlocked G2x and use that? Or is there going to be some hackery needed? Thanks in advance.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehennem23 View Post
hi guys my name is Eren and I am really bad status sorry for my english . Whatever I'll come to issue.First I have an Htc Sensation and I make it s-off then clockwork then root then supercid lastly I instal ruu android 4.0.1 and It is not stable I want to go back 2.3.4 . I have to root again for flash to rom for root I have to enter recovery in hboot . When I hit the power button in hboot first a phone appears with a green recovery symbol appears then an phone appears with attention logo then its stops. Guys I have to figure out how can I root again I mean How can I enter recovery in hboot . Please help me!
Hi,

I am going to assume you can flash firmware if you have successfully installed ICS.

You can either step down to :
Firmware from 3.12.401.2/102 RUU
--- MD5 checksum: FF644ED2BFF6A6058023C6FF36401E5C *PG58IMG.zip ---
HERE

Or step right back to 1.17 HERE

There is no need to root again.

You should then be able to install a GB ROM.

graymoment
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy_gale View Post
Flashed my first rom 2 days ago - no issues as yet . I also purchased 4ext Recovery Control to make thing easier.

Is carrying out a full wipe in 4ext the same as running the super wipe zip ?
I'd like an answer to the same question. I saw one "vote" after your post, but no explanation as to what the difference is, if any, of using the superwipe script over 4ext's "Wipe Menu" options. If someone has any insight here, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Tags
a bunch of guys who know it all, answer, can i get a hug?, ganesh is hero, guru ganesh, help me now i burnt my carrot cake, malybru is da best, noob, question, save me tinky1, sensation