Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP THREAD] HTC Sensation | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

OP rzr86

15th May 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #3571  
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaaa

• well , i had a VIVOW " incredible 2 " for almost a year , i just give it to my sister few weeks ago , also fair knowledge about VIVO " incredible S "
  • But the idea of one member supporting a device is not practical , cause every one interest is different " some like themes ,...etc "
  • also incredible 2 community is very limited and i can say maybe aggressive , and i don't see much members there that will help in that

thank you for the link. but for future reference, is there an easy way to search to find them myself? is there a rom thread or something?

also, if i root the phone first, i then install this rom as i would a custom ROM, correct?
Last edited by Daviddc1144; 15th May 2012 at 03:34 AM.
15th May 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #3572  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3,265

5,494 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddc1144

thank you for the link. but for future reference, is there an easy way to search to find them myself? is there a rom thread or something?

also, if i root the phone first, i then install this rom as i would a custom ROM, correct?

Hi
look at this and this....reference threads..for your reference
15th May 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #3573  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 208

451 posts
since this phone has low internal memory,where do you people put the SD files of big games like GTA and all to get them work??is it by default on external SD or the phone uses internal SD for it like in samsung??
15th May 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #3574  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3,265

5,494 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanshu sharma

since this phone has low internal memory,where do you people put the SD files of big games like GTA and all to get them work??is it by default on external SD or the phone uses internal SD for it like in samsung??

1GB is not low...and heck these games extra data are kept in external-sd..and when running it..the device fetches the data form sd...and runs..it

fyi i have asphalt 6,MC 3 ,blood and glory..nothing lags
The Following User Says Thank You to ganeshp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #3575  
Flag New Delhi

451 posts
i know nothing lags because of a great GPU and good CPU.i only wanted to know about where are the data files kept since its kept in internal SD on samsung phone.thanks for clearing that up for me
15th May 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #3576  
Flag New Delhi

451 posts
there are a lot of "bricked sensation" thread :eek: :eek:
people bricked there sensation even after flashing the rom.few of them got brick while using the rom!!
15th May 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #3577  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 12,194

15,057 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanshu sharma

there are a lot of "bricked sensation" thread :eek: :eek:
people bricked there sensation even after flashing the rom.few of them got brick while using the rom!!

Hi,

There are millions of units out there,and we only see a relatively few of them in these forums.
Most people only post with problems,and a lot of people do not read threads and information properly.
The bricks are quite few and far between.

Read things,then read them again.
Familiarize yourself with the processes involved,and you will be fine.

15th May 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #3578  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Significant flashing/rooting/brick issue - Thanks in advance
Hi All -

I've been up for 9 hours straight, am frustrated, and just want a working phone. So I apologize in advance for noob-ness or general crankiness!

1) I have a T-Mo Sensation 4G. Initially, I successfully rooted the device using the Revolutionary rootkit, and got S-OFF. I believe I walso also able to get SuperCID correctly.

2) Yesterday, I wanted to flash the Android revolution HD for sensation and followed Mike1986's instructions to do so.

3) That flash didn't seem to work, and I got stuck at the Beats Audio loading screen.

4) Eventually, I tried to flash back to stock TMOUS RUU, but still got stuch at HTC boot screen.

4) What happened next was a big blur of multiple tries of flashing firmware, roms, radios, etc - frankly I have no idea what firmware I have, but here is the situation:

- The phone still hangs at HTC screen.
- 4ext and Clockword mod do not seem to be installed any longer, as the RUU wiped them.
- I AM able to boot into bootloader, and this is the information that I get:

***LOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.18.0000
RADIO- 1-.14.9035.01_M
eMMc-boot
AUG 2 2011.22:35:52

All I want is the ability to get my stock Rom back - or potentially to flash Revolution HD successfully if possible.

Tried to unlock the bootloader, but I don't know how to do that from fastboot.

Oh tech gods of xda...please help a brother out, and donation will be on its way!!
15th May 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #3579  
Thanks Meter: 900

899 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigana

Hi All -
- The phone still hangs at HTC screen.
- 4ext and Clockword mod do not seem to be installed any longer, as the RUU wiped them.
- I AM able to boot into bootloader, and this is the information that I get:
***LOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.18.0000
RADIO- 1-.14.9035.01_M
eMMc-boot
AUG 2 2011.22:35:52
Tried to unlock the bootloader, but I don't know how to do that from fastboot.
Oh tech gods of xda...please help a brother out, and donation will be on its way!!

• S-OFF devices don't and should not use htc dev to unlock bootloader , to unlock bootloader just flash suitable friendly firmware Package
  • flash firmware 1.17 from bootloader :
    • firmware link User Friendly Firmware Upgrade
    • to know your cid use this command fastboot getvar cid
    • if you are supercid choose firmware 1.17 any package , if not then choose firmware 1.17 according to your cid
  • install Custon Recovery and flash a GB Custom rom , done
  • to install ICS Roms , you have to install all of " super wipe then custom rom then go to bootloader and install ICS firmware " , All of them before first boot
  • links for Custom recovery and ICS Guides and easy method to install ICS , ... etc is here , Post # 2 , follow title "2) Easy Method for Installing ICS Custom Roms ( S-OFF Devices ) "
Last edited by trkaaa; 15th May 2012 at 06:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trkaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #3580  
Thanks Meter: 19

548 posts
I am nervous about the official ICS update by T-Mobile. Apparently they shut off Wifi and/or Wi-Fi Tethering. Is this true? I have an unlimited data plan and I am not on a contract. T-Mobile is full of nonsense and it is saddens me to see how companies are becoming more greedy than ever before and it will only continue to get worse. At least they don't charge for GPS usage like AT&T does.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a bunch of guys who know it all, answer, can i get a hug?, ganesh is hero, guru ganesh, help me now i burnt my carrot cake, malybru is da best, noob, question, save me tinky1, sensation
Previous Thread Next Thread