Samsung Galaxy S II - Camera issues

Search This thread

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
--------------
Please do no not ask how to check firmware?, what is the problem?, ect. For such questions visit thread mentioned below.
This thread is for people who know what is wrong.
--------------

I decided to write this thread to sum up in short form all the most important informations regarding camera modules in Samsung Galaxy S II. Long version of thread where you can find various information is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098834&highlight=upgrade.

This thread is the try to make more pressure on Samsung about fixing their problem regarding camera modules.

1. Problem overview

1.1 General overview:

Samsung Galaxy S II has been released in many forms with different camera modules. So far the most problematic module is Samsung's sensor, identified as example:
SLSI_S5K3H2YX_M5MOLSwith firmware marked as SCEF02. (It needs to be told - Fujitsu is overall name of module, particular camera we identify via codes, SC, OM ect - then we can exactly say example Fujitsu\Samsung LSI (Samsung's sensor combined with Fujitsu [additional parts like firmware it is believed]), or Sony sensor). It is complicated way, this is why sometimes you can find some inaccuracies in detailed technical - but general overview is true).
Problematic issues haven't been revealed just now - the Community and users know these issues for long time. So does Samsung.

1.2 Technical overview
Problems with camera modules can be abbreviated to few things:

• AutoFocus issues - as we know AutoFocus can greatly improve movies. It is nice feature which unfortunately doesn't work in SGS II as it should. Problems are related to the situations, where:
    • Often in daily situations AutoFocus works without any need of it. Video is already sharp, but AutoFocus tries to make it better. It just worsen the movie making unnecessary blurs;
    • In darker areas, nights or moving from dark to bright ground AutoFocus loses stability or even worse completely blurs the movie. Making movie then is completely useless.
    • AutoFocus is slow. Compared to other phones it is just slower, sometimes really slow - often you can forget making movie of fast moving objects like birds, planes and so on.
  • FPS issues - these problems are related to the general FPS of movies. SLSI_S5K3H2YX_M5MOLS records slower than it should be. It happens either day or night, depending on the conditions. These conditions are, example:
    • Moving camera from darker to brighter area and vice versa.
    • Recording at night.
  • Red pink spot - this problem makes the pictures and movies having pink, light circle. It happens when you take a photo on the solid grayish, white and other colors area.
Few words are need to be written - it is very interesting that phones equipped by Sony OMEF01 (IMX105) have less problems. Their FPS and general smoothness are better than in S5K3H2YX SCEF02 firmware. But this is not the end - some users in act of desperation and completely lack of Samsung's support loaded Camera firmware (SIEG03) from the other phone - Samsung i997 - which partially fixed problems regarding low frame rates!
These two examples may lead to the conclusion the problem is the only firmware which since phone release, hasn't been fixed for Samsung's module users.

2. Examples of problems

Many users recorded camera behaviour and uploaded it on YouTube. I post few movies to show what Samsung screwed up and didn't want to fix it.

• Comparison of SLSI_S5K3H2YX_M5MOLS SCEF02 and Sony (IMX105) OMEF01.

SCEF02

OMEF01

• AutoFocus at night with low FPS - is it the way as it should be? For Samsung yes.

• Comparison of default system camera (camcorder) and the commercial app.

Here one word to be posted - please notice that the comparison of system application and lgCamera was made at SCEF02 firmware.
Even with such limits like camera firmware which is the bridge for hardware and user's camera software, the lgCamera amateur programmer (with all respect to its Author) could fix few problems and improve the camera!
Samsung is not able to fix it since months!

Also please notice lgCamera has much more functions than stock application - example snow, fall scenes for video mode. If lgCamera author could add working camera modes, what is stopping Samsung doing the same? Laziness.

3. Samsung's behaviour

Unfortunately Samsung Galaxy S II users can't say Samsung is the company which tries to care about customers. Many users have reported such issues long time ago, including myself where I've had replies which mostly were restricted to few laconically sounded sentences. In my case I've contacted Samsung Hotline, Samsung Main Service Center, Local Service Center department and Samsung LSI.
In all cases except Samsung LSI, where I was able to send only 1 mail (my next messages weren't delivered) I informed about issues regarding problems of SGS II. In all cases replies can be shortened, I present their answers:

• "I think that you are mistaking us (Samsung Electro-Mechanics) for Fujitsu.,because you are complaining to Fujitsu (it had to be S5K3H2YX). I'd like to recommend that you enter the Fujitsu's website." - Well it is like pong game where everybody bounces the problem elsewhere. Who mounted Fujitsu (It had to be S5K3H2YX) module in the Galaxy? Who wrote the firmware? Samsung! I bought the phone from the Samsung, not Fujitsu, goddammit!

• "In case of problems return phone to the service, and if we detect issues, we will replace or repair damaged part." - They are like robots. Everytime say such thing. This will NOT fix the problem because Samsung will just replace S5K3H2YX to another S5K3H2YX. Problem is not in the few users' phones. Problem exist either in ready to mount modules equipped with bad firmware which are delivered to the service centers or just alone firmware!
  • "We cannot mount the desired module in the phone. We replace things randomly. We're delivered by Samsung boxes with parts and they're not signed they're either Fujitsu (it had to be S5K3H2YX) or Sony." - This was an answer for my question about demand of Sony module replacement instead of faulty S5K3H2YX. Pity.
  • "All camera modules come to us and pass the Samsung requirements." - This can be reasonable. Technically S5K3H2YX module can be OK. But Samsung put to S5K3H2YX bad firmware which makes problems mentioned earlier!
Overall often I must have waited two weeks for any response. I am still waiting (1.5 month) for response from official Samsung department for my technical question.
Answers from the Main Service Center came to me after 7 days and only because I reminded them about my question and said their competences end at connecting charger to the phone.

It is to be mentioned Samsung released Camera Firmware Upgrade few times. But it didn't fix anything - completely nothing, null, zero. The last update marked at December 02 of 2011 also didn't bring anything.

Samsung just ignores the customers!

4. Possible solution and conclusions

I think more likely problems exist only in bad firmware. The answer ("All camera modules come to us and pass the Samsung requirements.") from the service center gives me to think so, which is reasonable, especially when we know after changing firmware to other problems are partially gone.
Samsung must understand:

1. What it has been screwed up, needs to be fixed.
  2. Customers shouldn't be abandoned with problems for many long months. Samsung even didn't say a word about.
  3. The longer they do this, the more likely people will turn back to other brands.
  4. If they promoted SGS II as one of the best camera phones, they just lied. At least in current situation.
Such thread wouldn't have been created if Samsung had answered for many amount of complains about Camera work in SGS II.

ATTENTION - For anyone who wants to buy non-shutterning camera module for your own, you can do it. Look at this thread for info:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28697558

-----------------------------------------------
I hope now it will be easier to spread information about Samsung and its bad customers treat.

Notes:
1. This thread tries to sum up all the most important things related to problem and this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098834&highlight=upgrade .
2. If you have comments, propositions what I missed, or should add please post it yourself or write what I should add in my post (to save cleanness).
3. I hope we'll get what we have right to.:)
4. Instead of Fujistu we think about
S5K3H2YX which is correct name of Samsung's faulty sensors it seems to.

Last edited:

blizzari

May 28, 2011
Lohja
RE

Now that they are creating firmw. Android 4.0. they got time to fix all this if not then they are just fking stupid

666fff

Nov 30, 2009
Epic comment. Agree with every point. Very disappointed that Samsung let this amazing phone come with such poor video autofocus. Didn't their testers notice this? Someone somewhere in SGS2 development brushed this issue under the carpet. Very shady.

Apple wouldn't have let this happen...

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Now that they are creating firmw. Android 4.0. they got time to fix all this if not then they are just fking stupid

But...but...if they fixed it then nobody would buy the SGS3....

Honestly? They've had nearly a year to fix an issue they knew about. My hopes aren't high on an ICS fix :(

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
Thx guys, I wouldn't write this without motivation of others in the thread. Together we can try to do something. At least we have better chances than complaining lonely. I'd be nice to interest some GSM portals. If few of them picked up topic, perhaps it would make more pressure. It is customer right to have that he paid for.

lets say thet have sold 20million devices and like 10 000 have problems with, I dont think they are gonna fix it. I guess it's is easier for them to RMA them than work on the problem :( which is unfortunate for the affected users :(

Unfortunately not all users of Fujitsu will complain - because many of them will think it is as it should be. User'd think it is just the phone and it is common. Some of them will not bother also because will buy next phone. I think Samsung counts on it as well.
I am sure every firmware for Fujitsu is one big failure - so I guess there are much more wrong phones than example 10 000. I guess they sold few millions in Europe, at least few hundreds of thousands has such bad firmware.:)

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Well done. Thorough research. But...

You obviously know your stuff, but I would say that the vast majority of users - myself included - do not possess your depth of knowledge, and - myself included again - are happy enough with the camera.

In spite of repeated attempts (well, about four) I cannot reproduce the infamous pink spot. Stuff I film isn't reliant on autofocus so much (does homemade pron count?). As a happy-snapper-point-and-shoot device, this camera is good enough for me.

I won't claim that I speak for the masses, but I'll surmise that the camera quality is not at the top of most users' priority list with regards to this phone. You've certainly convinced me it could be better but unfortunately it's Samsung you need to convince, and that doesn't seem to be going so well...

I have equally strong feelings re the SQ for music - I'm not a genius/supercurio (metaphors AFAIC), but I do know my stuff there, and it still frustrates the squits out of me that Samsung decided that a worse chip than the SGS was the way forward (reason #1 for not buying the Note).

I wish you all the best - maintain the rage!

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
I had scef02 ehich makes mine fujitsu. Just did an update snd now i have SCEE09
PHONE FW TBEC28. does this help?

Edit: just got it that i actually downgraded my camera. Reverting SCEF02

Sent from outter space using a Gremlin for delivery!

Last edited:

jgalvez21

Aug 28, 2011
well on ics 4.0.3 camera managed to get white balance, better,

it's not perfect, but at least i dont get too orange pictures inside my house

M

mblaus

samsung sucks

just do it like me and never ever buy a samsung phone...

xan

Retired Recognized Developer
May 21, 2006
Crack-ow
Yup, this should be sticky!
Alert the people, make them ask Samsung - possibly drop sales a little - make Samsung react -
- admit the problem
- send service procedures and parts to service centers
- in case of customer complaint invite to service center for solution: firmware flash/module change

So easy.
Samsung made billions of dollars on these devices and yet it cant spare few bucks for such programme. Pitty.
500$+ device with broken camera, no ICS (because samsung takes its time breaking it with TW)

I would go Apple way if I knew that.
(joke..)

suzaku

Feb 18, 2009
truly disappointed...if I knew the video recording had this problem I wouldn't have bought the phone :mad:

the problem is that they marketed it as the "perfect" phone that has everything unmatched; perfect camera, perfect web browsing, perfect gaming,...etc

also we must note that most (if not all) reviews sites which r the main reference for many people (myself included) before buying a phone NEVER said a word about any camera problem
it's true that not all the phones have the defected module/firmware, but not at least one review site got it?
or is it that samsung sends review units equipped with the perfect stuff and sell the ****ty ones to the masses??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest I feel like I fell in a dirty trap made by samsung which is probably laughing its ass off pointing at me right now, which is something I don't like :mad:

if samsung doesn't fix the problem with ICS (or any other kind of fix) I'll probably sell the phone and never come back to this company again. not because I can't live without video recording (actually I rarely use it) but because I ABSOLUTELY HATE these marketing methods

Reactions: ajithkingsley

D3_

Mar 9, 2010
London
The SGS2 is advertised on samsung's website as "Recording & Playback 1080@30fps" while the SCEF02 firmwares (And other firmwares for the Fujitsu camera module) struggle to record at 30fps, can't something be done about false advertisement?

Last edited:

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011

You obviously know your stuff, but I would say that the vast majority of users - myself included - do not possess your depth of knowledge, and - myself included again - are happy enough with the camera.

Yes I am really aware of it. For many people it is just the way it is, and they're OK with it, Samsung counts on this too as well :)

In spite of repeated attempts (well, about four) I cannot reproduce the infamous pink spot. Stuff I film isn't reliant on autofocus so much (does homemade pron count?). As a happy-snapper-point-and-shoot device, this camera is good enough for me.
Hmmm it should happen when you turn camera on the wall, or white paper example. Light conditions are also important.

I won't claim that I speak for the masses, but I'll surmise that the camera quality is not at the top of most users' priority list with regards to this phone. You've certainly convinced me it could be better but unfortunately it's Samsung you need to convince, and that doesn't seem to be going so well...
Camera generally is not completely bad. It is not good either. It can be improved adding new functions like it is in lgCamera. But definitely it should have been fixed long time ago to be as advertises say.:)

truly disappointed...if I knew the video recording had this problem I wouldn't have bought the phone :mad:

the problem is that they marketed it as the "perfect" phone that has everything unmatched; perfect camera, perfect web browsing, perfect gaming,...etc
Well camera adverts were in my case quite strong impulse to buy this phone. Most reviews were also "oh ah, orgasm" and it was hard to find any very deep review.
Everything else is OK, but this part is not as to be expected according to the ads and just human understanding.

also we must note that most (if not all) reviews sites which r the main reference for many people (myself included) before buying a phone NEVER said a word about any camera problem
it's true that not all the phones have the defected module/firmware, but not at least one review site got it?
There is really hard to find long, deep review. I am not surprised. To write it you'd have spent quite long time with the phone, than few days. Reviewers often don't have enough time to do it. Sometimes they are just non-technicians, when they see picture and they liked it, it meant camera was OK :)
or is it that samsung sends review units equipped with the perfect stuff and sell the ****ty ones to the masses??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not want to generalize and I do not know about SGS II reviews behind-the-scenes actions, but it is quite often practice. It is the same as reviewing other stuff, kitchen hardware, ect. This is why much more often you will get true opinions from real users who say their own impressions. If you were a producer you'd like to send the best what you have to get great rate, when reality can differ. Unfortunately sometimes it is bad for customers.

The SGS2 is advertised on samsung's website as "Recording & Playback 1080@30fps" while the SCEF02 firmwares (And other firmwares for the Fujitsu camera module) struggle to record at 30fps, can't something be done about false advertisement?

Well, the only way is to send requests to GSM portals to incentive them looking at such problem. Also Facebook comments and so on. Then we could have had better chances, than now where we know Samsung via hotline doesn't care about anything.
I am going to write within few days to local GSM webs, maybe I'll be lucky.... or not :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    --------------
    Please do no not ask how to check firmware?, what is the problem?, ect. For such questions visit thread mentioned below.
    This thread is for people who know what is wrong.
    --------------

I decided to write this thread to sum up in short form all the most important informations regarding camera modules in Samsung Galaxy S II. Long version of thread where you can find various information is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098834&highlight=upgrade.

This thread is the try to make more pressure on Samsung about fixing their problem regarding camera modules.

1. Problem overview

1.1 General overview:

Samsung Galaxy S II has been released in many forms with different camera modules. So far the most problematic module is Samsung's sensor, identified as example:
    SLSI_S5K3H2YX_M5MOLSwith firmware marked as SCEF02. (It needs to be told - Fujitsu is overall name of module, particular camera we identify via codes, SC, OM ect - then we can exactly say example Fujitsu\Samsung LSI (Samsung's sensor combined with Fujitsu [additional parts like firmware it is believed]), or Sony sensor). It is complicated way, this is why sometimes you can find some inaccuracies in detailed technical - but general overview is true).
    Problematic issues haven't been revealed just now - the Community and users know these issues for long time. So does Samsung.

1.2 Technical overview
    Problems with camera modules can be abbreviated to few things:

• AutoFocus issues - as we know AutoFocus can greatly improve movies. It is nice feature which unfortunately doesn't work in SGS II as it should. Problems are related to the situations, where:
      • Often in daily situations AutoFocus works without any need of it. Video is already sharp, but AutoFocus tries to make it better. It just worsen the movie making unnecessary blurs;
      • In darker areas, nights or moving from dark to bright ground AutoFocus loses stability or even worse completely blurs the movie. Making movie then is completely useless.
      • AutoFocus is slow. Compared to other phones it is just slower, sometimes really slow - often you can forget making movie of fast moving objects like birds, planes and so on.
    • FPS issues - these problems are related to the general FPS of movies. SLSI_S5K3H2YX_M5MOLS records slower than it should be. It happens either day or night, depending on the conditions. These conditions are, example:
      • Moving camera from darker to brighter area and vice versa.
      • Recording at night.
    • Red pink spot - this problem makes the pictures and movies having pink, light circle. It happens when you take a photo on the solid grayish, white and other colors area.
    Few words are need to be written - it is very interesting that phones equipped by Sony OMEF01 (IMX105) have less problems. Their FPS and general smoothness are better than in S5K3H2YX SCEF02 firmware. But this is not the end - some users in act of desperation and completely lack of Samsung's support loaded Camera firmware (SIEG03) from the other phone - Samsung i997 - which partially fixed problems regarding low frame rates!
    These two examples may lead to the conclusion the problem is the only firmware which since phone release, hasn't been fixed for Samsung's module users.

2. Examples of problems

Many users recorded camera behaviour and uploaded it on YouTube. I post few movies to show what Samsung screwed up and didn't want to fix it.

• Comparison of SLSI_S5K3H2YX_M5MOLS SCEF02 and Sony (IMX105) OMEF01.

SCEF02

OMEF01

• AutoFocus at night with low FPS - is it the way as it should be? For Samsung yes.

• Comparison of default system camera (camcorder) and the commercial app.

Here one word to be posted - please notice that the comparison of system application and lgCamera was made at SCEF02 firmware.
    Even with such limits like camera firmware which is the bridge for hardware and user's camera software, the lgCamera amateur programmer (with all respect to its Author) could fix few problems and improve the camera!
    Samsung is not able to fix it since months!

Also please notice lgCamera has much more functions than stock application - example snow, fall scenes for video mode. If lgCamera author could add working camera modes, what is stopping Samsung doing the same? Laziness.

3. Samsung's behaviour

Unfortunately Samsung Galaxy S II users can't say Samsung is the company which tries to care about customers. Many users have reported such issues long time ago, including myself where I've had replies which mostly were restricted to few laconically sounded sentences. In my case I've contacted Samsung Hotline, Samsung Main Service Center, Local Service Center department and Samsung LSI.
    In all cases except Samsung LSI, where I was able to send only 1 mail (my next messages weren't delivered) I informed about issues regarding problems of SGS II. In all cases replies can be shortened, I present their answers:

• "I think that you are mistaking us (Samsung Electro-Mechanics) for Fujitsu.,because you are complaining to Fujitsu (it had to be S5K3H2YX). I'd like to recommend that you enter the Fujitsu's website." - Well it is like pong game where everybody bounces the problem elsewhere. Who mounted Fujitsu (It had to be S5K3H2YX) module in the Galaxy? Who wrote the firmware? Samsung! I bought the phone from the Samsung, not Fujitsu, goddammit!

• "In case of problems return phone to the service, and if we detect issues, we will replace or repair damaged part." - They are like robots. Everytime say such thing. This will NOT fix the problem because Samsung will just replace S5K3H2YX to another S5K3H2YX. Problem is not in the few users' phones. Problem exist either in ready to mount modules equipped with bad firmware which are delivered to the service centers or just alone firmware!
    • "We cannot mount the desired module in the phone. We replace things randomly. We're delivered by Samsung boxes with parts and they're not signed they're either Fujitsu (it had to be S5K3H2YX) or Sony." - This was an answer for my question about demand of Sony module replacement instead of faulty S5K3H2YX. Pity.
    • "All camera modules come to us and pass the Samsung requirements." - This can be reasonable. Technically S5K3H2YX module can be OK. But Samsung put to S5K3H2YX bad firmware which makes problems mentioned earlier!
    Overall often I must have waited two weeks for any response. I am still waiting (1.5 month) for response from official Samsung department for my technical question.
    Answers from the Main Service Center came to me after 7 days and only because I reminded them about my question and said their competences end at connecting charger to the phone.

It is to be mentioned Samsung released Camera Firmware Upgrade few times. But it didn't fix anything - completely nothing, null, zero. The last update marked at December 02 of 2011 also didn't bring anything.

Samsung just ignores the customers!

4. Possible solution and conclusions

I think more likely problems exist only in bad firmware. The answer ("All camera modules come to us and pass the Samsung requirements.") from the service center gives me to think so, which is reasonable, especially when we know after changing firmware to other problems are partially gone.
    Samsung must understand:

1. What it has been screwed up, needs to be fixed.
    2. Customers shouldn't be abandoned with problems for many long months. Samsung even didn't say a word about.
    3. The longer they do this, the more likely people will turn back to other brands.
    4. If they promoted SGS II as one of the best camera phones, they just lied. At least in current situation.
    Such thread wouldn't have been created if Samsung had answered for many amount of complains about Camera work in SGS II.

ATTENTION - For anyone who wants to buy non-shutterning camera module for your own, you can do it. Look at this thread for info:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28697558

-----------------------------------------------
    I hope now it will be easier to spread information about Samsung and its bad customers treat.

Notes:
    1. This thread tries to sum up all the most important things related to problem and this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098834&highlight=upgrade .
    2. If you have comments, propositions what I missed, or should add please post it yourself or write what I should add in my post (to save cleanness).
    3. I hope we'll get what we have right to.:)
    4. Instead of Fujistu we think about
    S5K3H2YX which is correct name of Samsung's faulty sensors it seems to.
    I think Galaxy s2 's camera issue will kept forever. want better featured and high performance camera, just buy a new phone.

Hi jlieu.
    At least you live in Seoul, so you can go and hit Samsung's door at the headquarters. I live in Argentina so I am on the other side of the world with the same issue as you.
    So far what I got was one of the contacts from Samsung that worked with the drivers for Galaxy S2, Mr. Lee.
    His email address is ge.lee@samsung.com but he never replied any email that I sent him since May.
    I know that this is an active email because I receive some Out of Office autoreplies (in Korean, obviously) but never a direct response.
    I don't know if this person does not know English or just doesn't want to answer my questions.
    I am thinking that maybe if you can translate the following email into your native language, he can reply you.

This is the email that I am sending him over and over again:

Hi Mr. Lee:
    pleased to meet you.

My name is Jorge Romano and I am the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.

Although it is a great device, I realized that I have a severe issue with the camcorder when I use HD and Full HD resolution.
    The video works with lags everytime I don't have natural light (from the sun) because the autofocus works very bad when I move the cell phone in low light conditions.

After reviewing this situation on the Internet (and specially at xda-developers web page) there are a lot of people around the world that has the same problem as me, and this happens only when you have the camera module that works with the SCEF02 camera firmware.
    It would be great if you can check the first post of the attached link which is very short and explained in a great way the problems that we are facing.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1443658

The last update for this module is the SCEF02 firmware from May 2011 !
    So I am sending this email on behalf of all the people that have this big issue, and we are waiting for a solution for one year and Samsung didn't release any update that solves our problem (some updates were released but not for this issue).

Some users downloaded the SIEG03 firmware from the Samsung Infuse I997 to their Galaxy S2, and the stuttering problem was solved but the flashlight does not work for the camcorder and neither as a torch.
    So as a conclussion, we believe that this can be easily solved if we find the Samsung representative that works with the firmwares.

We know that you worked with the Galaxy S2 drivers, so maybe you also worked with the firmwares.
    If you are not the right person for addressing this issue, I ask you to please forward this email to the right person within the company.

Thanks in advance for your time and I know for sure that you will help us to solve our problem.

Best regards,

Jorge Romano
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Please let me know if you can work on that and if you receive some response from Samsung.

Thanks !
    Jorge

Yes I am really aware of it. For many people it is just the way it is, and they're OK with it, Samsung counts on this too as well :)

Hmmm it should happen when you turn camera on the wall, or white paper example. Light conditions are also important.

Camera generally is not completely bad. It is not good either. It can be improved adding new functions like it is in lgCamera. But definitely it should have been fixed long time ago to be as advertises say.:)

Well camera adverts were in my case quite strong impulse to buy this phone. Most reviews were also "oh ah, orgasm" and it was hard to find any very deep review.
    Everything else is OK, but this part is not as to be expected according to the ads and just human understanding.

There is really hard to find long, deep review. I am not surprised. To write it you'd have spent quite long time with the phone, than few days. Reviewers often don't have enough time to do it. Sometimes they are just non-technicians, when they see picture and they liked it, it meant camera was OK :)
    I do not want to generalize and I do not know about SGS II reviews behind-the-scenes actions, but it is quite often practice. It is the same as reviewing other stuff, kitchen hardware, ect. This is why much more often you will get true opinions from real users who say their own impressions. If you were a producer you'd like to send the best what you have to get great rate, when reality can differ. Unfortunately sometimes it is bad for customers.

Well, the only way is to send requests to GSM portals to incentive them looking at such problem. Also Facebook comments and so on. Then we could have had better chances, than now where we know Samsung via hotline doesn't care about anything.
    I am going to write within few days to local GSM webs, maybe I'll be lucky.... or not :)
    Ok i have "discovered" this

http://www.gsmarena.com/tipus.php3

This is where you "tip them"

I will send link tho this thread and also i ask you people to do the same its 3 min job and it could help as to start moving this :)

Thanks !
    same issue here and samsung sucks !