Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[SCRIPT] No-lag solution to CM7/9 "low memory" notifications (STEP BY STEP,FIXED TB)

OP revthanki

17th January 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166

267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnnny

When I backup, wipe and restore, titaniumbackup just restore the symlink, not the actual data

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll test what's going on tomorrow. It's odd, since only whole directories are being symlinked, when Titanium Backup asks what's in the directories the filesystem should pass it the real contents.

This is the first time I've heard of this type of issue, especially as data is one of the most messed around with locations. Thought T B would be more robust.

Sent by airmail.
17th January 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #22  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 157

630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revthanki

Thanks, I'll test what's going on tomorrow. It's odd, since only whole directories are being symlinked, when Titanium Backup asks what's in the directories the filesystem should pass it the real contents.

This is the first time I've heard of this type of issue, especially as data is one of the most messed around with locations. Thought T B would be more robust.

Sent by airmail.

No, soft sym-link is just a file (everything in Linux is a file) point to the real directory, so when you restore TB just knows it's a symlink and copy/restore that sym-link instead of the real file.
If you don't wipe, the original file still here so nothing happened, just wipe /datadata and test.
17th January 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member

267 posts
Confirmed, thank you. We'll need to ask Titanium Track to fix this.

In the meantime I'll work on a script to at least try to shift everything to data. This may take a few days (since I'm travelling internationally for a few days)

Sent by airmail.
21st January 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
Hi,

Did you succeed in contacting TB's author about the issue reported in the OP ?

I'm very interested in using your script but I want to be sure those kind of issues are solved first .

Thanks.
23rd January 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

267 posts
Now with extra working Titanium Backup goodness Updated the first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to revthanki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #26  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Sneek
Thanks Meter: 1,450

2,120 posts
More
That is very cool of tb team, they rock! If I hadn't bought it I would do it now.

Taptalked u see
23rd January 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member

267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatta

That is very cool of tb team, they rock! If I hadn't bought it I would do it now.

Taptalked u see

Zatta, would you update your wiki to show that this method provides better performance than the .nodatadata method? At the moment it calls it 'advanced' without saying what the benefits are!

I bought TB around 2 years ago. I'd even consider buying a yearly licence to have access to the latest features if that means development can remain this fast. Always excellent.
23rd January 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #28  
Flag Sneek

2,120 posts
More
Quote:

Zatta, would you update your wiki to show that this method provides better performance than the .nodatadata method? At the moment it calls it 'advanced' without saying what the benefits are!

I bought TB around 2 years ago. I'd even consider buying a yearly licence to have access to the latest features if that means development can remain this fast. Always excellent.

http://sgscm9nightlies.pbworks.com/w/page/49812876/Small tips and tricks

Better like this?

It is not my wiki, it is ours (including everyone that reads it). Founded by Rschenk, I think it is a good place to share knowledge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member

267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatta

It is not my wiki, it is ours (including everyone that reads it). Founded by Rschenk, I think it is a good place to share knowledge.

Too true, one man's wiki would be a lonely place indeed

Could I request edit ability? I hope to be able to add to this method over time (put together a flashable ZIP and maybe even an app...)
23rd January 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #30  
Flag Sneek

2,120 posts
More
Quote:

Too true, one man's wiki would be a lonely place indeed

Could I request edit ability? I hope to be able to add to this method over time (put together a flashable ZIP and maybe even an app...)

Sure, fill in this form or pm rschenk.
I was thinking about the ability to create an app for it but I think we need a script to revert the changes as well for usability.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cm9, low space, script
Previous Thread Next Thread