[ICS] CM9 Photon alpha13 build for Atrix - Test build 8 (15/01/2012)
Important notice: I will no longer be maintaining this build.
I will put my effort in jokersax11 roms since it will be an original Atrix build (so better than a port).
jokersax11 CM9 thread
The goal was to provide the Atrix community with a taste of ICS (goal I think I manage to accomplished), for time reason I will put my effort on helping the great Joker since is progress in it's Atrix CM9 build have now equal (or surpass) the work of the best port I could do.
Thanks to all of you for your kind word and cheering, I will make sure that our beloved Atrix get the best he deserve.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
First of all I would like to thanks the Atrix Dev Team
and the Photon dev team
. Without them this build would have never seen the light.
I've compile the Photon ICS CM9 alpha13 for the Atrix.
I will maintain this build updated with the latest change the Photon dev team (jokersax11) are making and try to correct bug releated to the Atrix.
- CDMA/GSM auto switching
- Roaming data
- HDMI portrait out
- Proximity sensor
- Calendar sync
- Google earth
- YouTube HQ
- Games (sure I did not test them all)
- Movie editor
- Pic editor
- Touch screen
- USB mount
- Fingerprint sensor
- Orientation sensor
- DSP Manager (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
- Lockscreen music controls (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
- Auto brightness
- ICS Google music (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
- Filemanager (thanks to alistair3149)
- Default launcher alternative Nova launcher (thanks to alistair3149)
- Gallery sync
- Voice command and Voice search
- Adobe Flash (only some part work)
- Built in video playback
- HDMI landscape
- YouTube LQ
- Car dock
- Fingerprint unlock
- Hardware Acceleration
- Camera (obviously... like almost every ICS roms) The Entire camera API was rewritten for ICS, the current Camera drivers dont work (a lot of people are already working on this issue).
- Gallery show a littlle graphic wiggle when changing screens due to the lack of Hardware Acceleration.
- The wifi does not work after the initial install, trigger the activation and reboot the phone, after that you will have no more problem.
- The Softkey light turn on after few minutes of use.
- Media scan not happening on boot.
- When the battery is full charged, the battery icon on the notification bar disappears. Because of this, it has another amazing function, it shows how much percent you have overcharged (thanks to alistair3149)
- Wallpaper is unscrollable in Trebuchet, use Nova launcher to use this function. It's a bug with the launcher (thanks to wywerny)
- Getting a random offset number during installation, due to a bug in the installation script (no to worry the install is completed when the offset happens). (thanks to munchkers13)
- Facebook sync dont work with ICS, you can use friendcaster (thanks to mitchell.23) or HaxSync.
If what your looking for is not listed here, then I did not find out it's not working or it's working
Alpha13 test build 8
GGAPS for ICS
- Really early camera support (no connection problem to the camera, but still no image from both front and back camera)
- Fix gallery sync issue with Picasa and Google+
- Recompile build.prop
- Recompile boot.img
- Replace RomManager by RomToolbox
- Remove PinyinIME.apk from system app
- Added the latest default launcher version
Keep in mind, before installing that this build is currently in alpha stage and still pledge by bug, I take no responsibility if you broke your phone whit it.
- Fix Google map issue (if you dont want to flash gapps again just for the map use MapTweak.zip)
To Flash when coming from other roms
- Boot into recovery
- Goto the mounts and storage menu
- select format system
- Go back and select wipe data/factory reset
- Then goto the advanced menu
- select reboot recovery
- install latest cm9
Feel free to help test it and provided feedback.
Thanks to everyone who provide information, tweak, etc... on making this build work better