Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[TUT] Install Stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 rom [+Root and CWM]

OP KristianKenneth

14th January 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
KristianKenneth's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 676
 
864 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Here is the tutorial for Installing stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM plus root and CWM. I am not responsible or anyone mentioned below for bricking your phone in case, tested on my Xperia ray with unlocked bootloader using S1 tool.

Requirements
  1. Unlocked Bootloader (preferred) although there is a work around for locked bootloader
  2. 4.0.2.A.0.62 FTF files
  3. Flashtool
  4. recoveryRay.img by and Rootxperia.zip b1n4ry (for rooting)
  5. CWM

Installation:

How to Install stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM:
  1. Download this stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM. Thank you Aire for providing the link.
  2. After download you will have a zip file. Extract it.
  3. Download flashtool here and extract it.
  4. Create FTF file using flashtool from the 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM zip you extracted earlier. Now if you don't know how to create FTF files, there's a good tutorial here.
  5. If you successfully created FTF file, you should see a file with extension “.ftf” in the “firmwares” folder inside “FlashTool” folder
  6. Run the executable “X10FlashTool.exe” located in the FlashTool folder
  7. Now click “Flash” button and select flashboot. Now select the firmware from the popup menu. Make sure “Wipe user data” box is checked and then click “OK”.
  8. The application will ask you to put your Ray in flashboot mode, to do this turn off the phone, hold the volume down button while while connecting the USB cable to your computer.
  9. Follow the on screen instruction and your device will reboot. Notice that the reboot process will take longer at first.

How to install Root
Please note that this is only applied to devices with unlocked bootloader. Alternately, you can just install a custom kernel and root using zergrush method but if you want to try the .62 kernel from this stock rom then do this.
  1. Download rootxperia.zip here and place it in your sd card
  2. Enter device in fastboot mode. Turn off phone, hold volume up while you connect the USB cable to computer
  3. Download the recoverRAY.img provided below, you will get a zip file, extract it.
  4. Open folder inside Flashtool where fastboot.exe exists (/FlashTool/x10flasher_lib)
  5. Place the recoveryRAy.img inside the folder
  6. Open command line in this folder
  7. Test if it recognize your device, to do this type fastboot devices, if there is a result here proceed.
  8. Now here's the tricky part, to enter a temporary recovery type fastboot boot recoveryRAY.img
    *Notice that we didn't use fastboot flash boot ****.img here because as bin4ry said this recovery is designed to work just as recovery, if you flash it to your device it will NOT boot system anymore! This is just a temporary recovery for you so be careful not to flash it.
  9. Now wait and your phone will reboot, you will see the FREE XPERIA splash screen and your device will now enter temp CWM recovery
  10. On your phone choose install custom zip, locate the rootxperia.zip you added earlier in your SD card and flash it.
  11. Reboot, your device is now rooted.

*to root your device with locked bootloader, they say you can install previous stock kernel and root using zergrush method.

How to install CWM
  1. Download this then extract
  2. Make sure you enabled USB debugging, and also you need to set Screen timeout to 10 minutes so you don't miss the superuser promt
  3. Run install-cwm1.cmd from the folder
  4. Follow screen on screen instruction, reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tempRECOVERYRAY.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.67 MB, 17637 views)
Last edited by KristianKenneth; 14th January 2012 at 07:41 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to KristianKenneth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #2  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
2,572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idareyoutoclickthis

Here is the tutorial for Installing stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM plus root and CWM. I am not responsible or anyone mentioned below for bricking your phone in case, tested on my Xperia ray with unlocked bootloader using S1 tool.

Requirements

  1. Unlocked Bootloader (preferred) although there is a work around for locked bootloader
  2. 4.0.2.A.0.62 FTF files
  3. Flashtool
  4. recoveryRay.img by and Rootxperia.zip b1n4ry (for rooting)
  5. CWM

Installation:

How to Install stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM:
  1. Download this stock 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM. Thank you Aire for providing the link.
  2. After download you will have a zip file. Extract it.
  3. Download flashtool here and extract it.
  4. Create FTF file using flashtool from the 4.0.2.A.0.62 ROM zip you extracted earlier. Now if you don't know how to create FTF files, there's a good tutorial here.
  5. If you successfully created FTF file, you should see a file with extension “.ftf” in the “firmwares” folder inside “FlashTool” folder
  6. Run the executable “X10FlashTool.exe” located in the FlashTool folder
  7. Now click “Flash” button and select flashboot. Now select the firmware from the popup menu. Make sure “Wipe user data” box is checked and then click “OK”.
  8. The application will ask you to put your Ray in flashboot mode, to do this turn off the phone, hold the volume down button while while connecting the USB cable to your computer.
  9. Follow the on screen instruction and your device will reboot. Notice that the reboot process will take longer at first.

How to install Root
Please note that this is only applied to devices with unlocked bootloader. Alternately, you can just install a custom kernel and root using zergrush method but if you want to try the .62 kernel from this stock rom then do this.
  1. Download rootxperia.zip here and place it in your sd card
  2. Enter device in fastboot mode. Turn off phone, hold volume up while you connect the USB cable to computer
  3. Download the recoverRAY.img provided below, you will get a zip file, extract it.
  4. Open folder inside Flashtool where fastboot.exe exists (/FlashTool/x10flasher_lib)
  5. Place the recoveryRAy.img inside the folder
  6. Open command line in this folder
  7. Test if it recognize your device, to do this type flashboot devices, if there is a result here proceed.
  8. Now here's the tricky part, to enter a temporary recovery type fastboot boot recoveryRAY.img
    *Notice that we didn't use fastboot flash boot ****.img here because as bin4ry said this recovery is designed to work just as recovery, if you flash it to your device it will NOT boot system anymore! This is just a temporary recovery for you so be careful not to flash it.
  9. Now wait and your phone will reboot, you will see the FREE XPERIA splash screen and your device will not enter temp CWM recovery
  10. Choose install custom zip, locate the rootxperia.zip you added earlier in your SD card and flash it.
  11. Reboot, your device is now rooted.

*to root your device with locked bootloader, they say you can install previous stock kernel and root using zergrush method.

How to install CWM
  1. Download this then extract
  2. Make sure you enabled USB debugging, and also you need to set Screen timeout to 10 minutes so you don't miss the superuser promt
  3. Run install-cwm1.cmd from the folder
  4. Follow screen on screen instruction, reboot.

Thanks for this.. but.. i wonder what happened if i update from SEUS.. :-/ and also, is the kernel from aire already support Overclocking?
Last edited by hansip87; 14th January 2012 at 05:38 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #3  
KristianKenneth's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 676
 
864 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Thanks for this.. but.. i wonder what happened if i update from SEUS.. :-/ and also, is the kernel from aire already support Overclocking?

Aire said, his current kernel supports .62 but they are currently working for repack based on this new firmware.

I haven't tried installing any custom firmware at the moment, I want to test this stock firmware for changes and improvement especially the baseband and battery consumption.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
14th January 2012, 06:01 AM   |  #4  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
2,572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hm ok, btw, can you post the original link for rootxperia.zip?

EDIT: sorry you already did that thanks!

UPDATE: I'm trying to do SEUS update now though. Hope this thing won't brick..

UPDATE 2: SEUS update won't brick our phone if it uses the Testpoint method O what a happy day it is.. Let's see if i can flash aire kernel back.
Last edited by hansip87; 14th January 2012 at 06:41 AM.
14th January 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #5  
adarwis's Avatar
Member
Flag Dumai
Thanks Meter: 15
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
is that a global version or what ? some people said, that version has some bugs..

can we root this version with the new DoomLord v4 Root ?

from the Arc forum, i found that they can root their device with .62 firmware just by using flashtool.. can we do that so ?

thx
14th January 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #6  
KristianKenneth's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 676
 
864 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Hm ok, btw, can you post the original link for rootxperia.zip?

UPDATE: I'm trying to do SEUS update now though. Hope this thing won't brick..

UPDATE 2: SEUS update won't brick our phone if it uses the Testpoint method O what a happy day it is.. Let's see if i can flash aire kernel back.

Wow that is good news. Update is still not available in my region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarwis

is that a global version or what ? some people said, that version has some bugs..

can we root this version with the new DoomLord v4 Root ?

from the Arc forum, i found that they can root their device with .62 firmware just by using flashtool.. can we do that so ?

thx

The firmware is provided by Aire, however if you encounter ftf generic firmware, it will be nice if you post it here.

As to bugs, I'm using this firmware for a day now and I noticed improvement in battery and speed, no bugs so far. I haven't tried the doomlord v4 root, but rooting via recovery is easy.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
Last edited by KristianKenneth; 14th January 2012 at 07:06 AM.
14th January 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #7  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
2,572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idareyoutoclickthis

Wow that is good news. Update is still not available in my region.



The firmware is provided by Aire, however if you encounter ftf generic firmware, it will be nice if you post it here.

As to bugs, I'm using this firmware for a day now and I noticed improvement in battery and speed, no bugs so far. I haven't tried the doomlord v4 root, but rooting via recovery is easy.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

Yep it is I have already flashed back aire's kernel and it is flawless no more test point required. Yay! Thanks for all the devs.
14th January 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #8  
chiefy009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 778
 
4,048 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Xperia blog says the firmware is targeted for users in Middle East North Africa region.

Users else where may see little if any noticeable change

sent from my gorgeus Xperia Ray
25th January 2012, 10:53 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Does this not work if we previously updated the phone to 4.0.2.A.0.62 using SEUS?
Coz i got the following error when i ran the "fastboot boot recoveryRAY.img" command..

FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
25th January 2012, 11:06 AM   |  #10  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
2,572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by San.subs

Does this not work if we previously updated the phone to 4.0.2.A.0.62 using SEUS?
Coz i got the following error when i ran the "fastboot boot recoveryRAY.img" command..

FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)

O that.. That means you need to unlock the bootloader (at least with Test Point method). Never thought that won't work before.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes