[DISCONTINUED] CM9/ICS Nightly Builds

OP Samiam303

14th January 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #21  
Flag Seattle area
Thanks Meter: 34

272 posts
Thanks. This is a great service for those of us who don't have a working build environment.

One suggestion--you might consider adding carriage returns to the readme.txt file. Each sentence shows up on a single (long) line.
14th January 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #22  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 164

545 posts
More
Thanks to all for thier hard work putting this together. I have ICS running on my Vibrant and love it fast and smooth.
I did a sd install using verygreen's method. flshed sneekpeek1, and 2. and a couple of the nightlies ('07, '10). I found a problem on my nook in that the cpu was always pegged to the maximum mhz and would never step down to a lower mhz. This caused significant lag, reboots, sod etc. It happened on sneekpeeak2 and all the nightlies. I couldn't get my Win7 pc to load the proper drivers so I couldn't look at ddms for the logs.
If it's known what might cause this I would love to find out. Thank you.
btw the gapps I used did not have onetimeinitializer.apk in it.
Last edited by bobshute; 14th January 2012 at 05:32 PM.
14th January 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #23  
Flag Round Rock, Texas
Thanks Meter: 8

139 posts
More
I would wipe it and then install this one because i have it running with so far no issues.
14th January 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
Question Touch recovery?
I'm just wondering if the night CWMs are of the touch variety?

Also, we can't use it to install stock, I believe, but CM7/CM9 are okay?
14th January 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 78

317 posts
I just want to say thank you. This is quite nice. It is pretty smooth on verygreen's sd install.

~Leko

P.S. stupid noob question, does anyone know where the changelog is so I can decide when to reflash?
Last edited by lekofraggle; 14th January 2012 at 06:28 PM.
14th January 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 305

1,786 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshute

Thanks to all for thier hard work putting this together. I have ICS running on my Vibrant and love it fast and smooth.
I did a sd install using verygreen's method. flshed sneekpeek1, and 2. and a couple of the nightlies ('07, '10). I found a problem on my nook in that the cpu was always pegged to the maximum mhz and would never step down to a lower mhz. This caused significant lag, reboots, sod etc. It happened on sneekpeeak2 and all the nightlies. I couldn't get my Win7 pc to load the proper drivers so I couldn't look at ddms for the logs.
If it's known what might cause this I would love to find out. Thank you.
btw the gapps I used did not have onetimeinitializer.apk in it.

get alogcat from the market

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
14th January 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
If you look towards the end of verygreens thread, you will see the script edits you need to make to fix the bootloops. The edits remove linking the font and retouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx0008

I just want to point out for the sd-card users using verigreens 1.3 boot image to setup cm7 to run off of sd card and retain stock for various reasons.

That process will also work for ICS/cm9. Currently, you need to flash update-cm-9.0-0-encore-emmc-sneakpeek1-fullofbugs.zip first. It's found in the ics/cm9 dev. thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1370873

Then, flash Samiam's nightly builds otherwise you will get stuck in a boot loop right now.

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium
14th January 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 78

317 posts
For those who are as slow as I am of late, if you want to backup an install on the sd card before flashing an update, just pull the sd card from the nook and image it on your computer using a terminal or disk imaging program.

~Leko
14th January 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 381

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazeeshan

Unfortunately thats not the case when I search market it doesn't list YouTube app and when I
Google it takes me to mobile YouTube app in market that is not compatible with this device.

Alright, I'll add it back into the gapps. I don't know why it's reporting incompatable from the market.
EDIT: New zip posted. You're welcome to redownload it and see if youtube works correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle

I just want to say thank you. This is quite nice. It is pretty smooth on verygreen's sd install.

~Leko

P.S. stupid noob question, does anyone know where the changelog is so I can decide when to reflash?

I don't have a changelog since I'm not the one actually making changes to the source. If I know of anything major that changes I'll post about it, but it's generally just small incremental changes that come either from fattire's github or the cyanogenmod one, so you could keep an eye on those if you're really interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadayaz

I'm just wondering if the night CWMs are of the touch variety?

Also, we can't use it to install stock, I believe, but CM7/CM9 are okay?

To be perfectly honest I'm not even using one of the experimental recovery builds. I don't see a reason to when the regular CWM works just as well. I just thought I'd make them available in case anyone else wanted to -- but yes, to my understanding they work for flashing CM roms but not the stock software. I think Fattire posted slightly more info in the development thread, but you'd have to find it.
Last edited by Samiam303; 14th January 2012 at 07:57 PM.
14th January 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 381

240 posts
More
Whoops. Double post.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, ics, nookcolor
Previous Thread Next Thread