Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 50,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Tip us?

mk1151
Old
Thanks Meter 83
...except until I made this change, Root Explorer would force close every time I tried to open it. So would Astro, FX, and just about everything else

And for me, it's faster in terminal/vi anyway, but I "grew up" in a land of text-based apps. Heck my first "web browser" was Lynx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggytom View Post
Whoa...thanks for that but its much easier to edit the file in Root Explorer...

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

nthon9
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1151 View Post
Which version are you running? I know it doesn't work on 1.1.2, are you still on turl's build?
Yeah, 1.1.2. Is there no way of disabling it?

leonardoaraujo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,336
Default facelock

messing around with some files Xoom, nexus, got ahead in the settings screen "facelock" I'm around? lol .. if someone tries to ..
does not work .. still does not connect to the camera ..but did not reach here ..

facelock arquive = system/app = http://www.mediafire.com/?ny9cwi01egsk9ny
lib arquive = system/lib = http://www.mediafire.com/?undefined

tela:

just trying to help ... if not useful, please ignore.
Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: Samsung 4.2.1 & AOSPA 3+

Do not be rude, be thankful if you like my work!
The Following User Says Thank You to leonardoaraujo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rotty022
Old
Thanks Meter 1
american. unfortunately, i had to put him down in 2007. he was 11 1/2 yrs old at the time and his health was deteriorating.

JoeM01
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Weird sync issue...

Stock email client (non-gmail) syncs fine after initial flash. However, after that, it won't connect. keep getting "can't connect to server" errors.

rotty022
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgivenmercy View Post
beautiful Rottweiler puppy American or German?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
forgot to quote on my earlier message.

american. unfortunately, i had to put him down in 2007. he was 11 1/2 yrs old at the time and his health was deteriorating.

KSoD
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetox View Post
changelog for your builds plz joker
Someone removed it from the OP but on Joker's site it says this:

Quote:
Change logs
Disabled during alpha, please read thread.
Since this is still and Alpha Build, there are no change logs. You will have to read the topic to see what has been discovered to work or not.
LG Optimus G Pro Stock Rooted
Phone Bricked trying to FreeGee it.
Unbricked by JTAG

spiderx_mm
Old
(Last edited by spiderx_mm; 13th February 2012 at 02:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
I've been on Turl's V4 for a couple of day and just switched back to Joker's 1.1.2. I'm a bit surprised to find out that this two roms are almost identical except that Joker's Rom mounts the "internalSD" as "/mnt/SDCard" and externalSD as "/mnt/emmc". On Turl's rom, it is reversed.

Joker, your new changes raised a few eyebrows.

1. Camera auto-focus is not as responsive as Turl's V4 (especially in low light with flash off)
2. if i change the picture size to 4MP(Wide) the screen didn't show full screen, and the monitor lags a lot. This issue also happens on Turl's rom. (something like i point to another view and the monitor follows a few seconds later.).
3. Toggling FP sensor navigation is not working. Again, same as Turl's (TrueSuiteMobile always FC)
4. Somehow, Rom Manager cannot find the external storage mount ("Use External Storage" in Settings is disabled. I noticed that this has worked when I was using MIUI or CM7 with Internal storage mounted as SDCard).
5. Account Sync is not working except Exchange & Google. Also same as Turl's (Both calender and emails sync well)

Apart from the known issues, it is working as expected. Sudden changes in the mount point makes some people delighted while it caused other people disappointed. (for those who don't know or don't want to flash the fix).

Turl & Joker, I think now it is the time to include the mount point toggle setting like we used to do in CM7. Please consider this seriously.

And all other people, please don't tell me how to work around these issues. I write this because I wanted the devs to do the changes.

Rgds,
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
devices still alive

Daily driver: LG Optimus G Pro (having regular doses of CyanogenMod nightlies), Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181C (Stock Android 4.4.2, can't root yet )
Primary Backup: Acer Z130 (Stock JB 4.4.2)

devices killed

HTC Jade, Samsung Jet, Motorola XT720, Acer Iconia Smart, Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC One S ,Toshiba Thrive 7"

Fantrix
Old
(Last edited by Fantrix; 13th February 2012 at 02:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I just wanted to thank jokersax and turl for the amazing rom , its have incredible battery life and very stable . I am using v4 from turl. Thanks guys.
Awesome work. I am not even considering to upgrade after 4 months of my contract finished.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Samsung galaxy sIII - ATT I747

spiderx_mm
Old
Thanks Meter 49
... deleted ...
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

devices still alive

Daily driver: LG Optimus G Pro (having regular doses of CyanogenMod nightlies), Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181C (Stock Android 4.4.2, can't root yet )
Primary Backup: Acer Z130 (Stock JB 4.4.2)

devices killed

HTC Jade, Samsung Jet, Motorola XT720, Acer Iconia Smart, Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC One S ,Toshiba Thrive 7"

Tags
beautiful ice cream sandwich, cm9 awesomeness, ics