[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

OP jokersax11

2nd May 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #7751  
Flag Pau ( France )
Thanks Meter: 27

265 posts
I've been using 0.6 for two days without any trouble.
Battery life is the best i 've ever seen.
And the best thing for me is that camera is working in Panorama mode for the first time ???
I'm impressed by your work Joker !
2nd May 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #7752  
Flag X-3043
Thanks Meter: 3,182

8,456 posts
More
Someone from another topic told me that he's seen people here, in Joker's CM9 build thread, complaining about burn radios due to Wi-Fi/Bluetooth usage or something...

I spared myself of searching through all these pages (search that would ultimately lead me to ~1000 NON-related results)... Can anybody confirm that?!

Excuse me for being rather stupid for coming with this question all of the sudden... But it kind of freaks me out - I've seen one guy complaining that his radio chip was somewhat off-the-mobo (ROFL).
2nd May 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #7753  
Flag Yokosuka, Japan
Thanks Meter: 350

1,227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault

Someone from another topic told me that he's seen people here, in Joker's CM9 build thread, complaining about burn radios due to Wi-Fi/Bluetooth usage or something...

I spared myself of searching through all these pages (search that would ultimately lead me to ~1000 NON-related results)... Can anybody confirm that?!

Excuse me for being rather stupid for coming with this question all of the sudden... But it kind of freaks me out - I've seen one guy complaining that his radio chip was somewhat off-the-mobo (ROFL).

That sounds like damage to the phone through rough usage, not a software issue. The software can't disconnect anything from the motherboard.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
2nd May 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #7754  
Flag Palm Harbor, FL
Thanks Meter: 123

645 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaketc

I have this issue after flashing cm9 roms but rebooting the phone works for me. YMMV.

Thanks, I'll try this.

~Sent from my unlocked, rooted, Faux 1.45gHz Atrix 4G~
2nd May 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #7755  
Flag Padova
Thanks Meter: 17

173 posts
More
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing !! I read some coments here and there about a burned chips... is it possibile be coused from the rom? wrong radio version or something... maybe it is a version for america and kills european atrix-es
2nd May 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #7756  
Flag X-3043

8,456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcapone263

That sounds like damage to the phone through rough usage, not a software issue. The software can't disconnect anything from the motherboard.

Actually, software that isn't really 100% polished and functional and bug-free etc. etc. etc. CAN damage the phone. I mean... software that pushes the hardware beyond its limits... although I never thought that's possible, even though most devs do warn us about this, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sineokiq

I was wondering the same thing !! I read some coments here and there about a burned chips... is it possibile be coused from the rom? wrong radio version or something... maybe it is a version for america and kills european atrix-es

That can't be. As far as I know, the AT&T and International kernels have been merged... so there's no more difference between ATRIX`es, except for the radio version. In fact, I believe both models (for AT&T and International) is actually the same : same hardware, just different radio software needed for AT&T's specific network frequency range... So that's hardly a problem . But I could be wrong...
The Following User Says Thank You to Formhault For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #7757  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 225

1,309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sineokiq

it's possible it was kernel related (power/voltage management, it's possible it could have hurt the wifi module) but we'll never know for sure. users of other ROMs (stock, CM7, neutrino) have had the same issue pop up as well, however I do know that it happened to me after installing the 0.5.0 beta. wiping and installing other ROMs (CM7, stock, etc) did not remedy the problem and I have to assume the wifi chip is busted.
2nd May 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #7758  
Flag X-3043

8,456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR

it's possible it was kernel related (power/voltage management, it's possible it could have hurt the wifi module) but we'll never know for sure. users of other ROMs (stock, CM7, neutrino) have had the same issue pop up as well, however I do know that it happened to me after installing the 0.5.0 beta. wiping and installing other ROMs (CM7, stock, etc) did not remedy the problem and I have to assume the wifi chip is busted.

I remember trying MIUIv4 and the AOKP TABLET ROM (in its previous form, actually : TabletUI + SmartphoneUI) and the Wi-Fi bug (where it did not connect until I went to the Settings) was not present. I also didn't experience it with NottachTrix... Guess I gotta take all these ROMs another spin and intensively test the Wi-Fi again... :/ just to make sure...
2nd May 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #7759  
Flag Yokosuka, Japan
Thanks Meter: 350

1,227 posts
More
Quote:

Actually, software that isn't really 100% polished and functional and bug-free etc. etc. etc. CAN damage the phone. I mean... software that pushes the hardware beyond its limits... although I never thought that's possible, even though most devs do warn us about this, haha.

That can't be. As far as I know, the AT&T and International kernels have been merged... so there's no more difference between ATRIX`es, except for the radio version. In fact, I believe both models (for AT&T and International) is actually the same : same hardware, just different radio software needed for AT&T's specific network frequency range... So that's hardly a problem . But I could be wrong...

Sure it can fry the chip, but it's not going to make it jump off the motherboard like he mentioned

3rd May 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #7760  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 225

1,309 posts
Quote:

I remember trying MIUIv4 and the AOKP TABLET ROM (in its previous form, actually : TabletUI + SmartphoneUI) and the Wi-Fi bug (where it did not connect until I went to the Settings) was not present. I also didn't experience it with NottachTrix... Guess I gotta take all these ROMs another spin and intensively test the Wi-Fi again... :/ just to make sure...

this is a different bug. wifi no longer works and causes reboots when you try, regardless of ROM.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcapone263

Sure it can fry the chip, but it's not going to make it jump off the motherboard like he mentioned

The chip did not jump off the motherboard. The issue was that a battery was coming loose from the solder, and it was not the root cause of the issue. The actual wifi module is embedded onto the board and cannot simply "jump off"; it's an IC with several leads. it is also not accessible easily even if you disassemble the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beautiful ice cream sandwich, cm9 awesomeness, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread