5,595,645 Members 45,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy note vs galaxy nexus

Tip us?
 
PurpleMelbourne
Old
#71  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 196
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by soudy1994 View Post
nobody answered me if it has gorilla glass or no
Yes.

There was a discussion about this back in December. It was agreed that yes it does have Gorilla glass made by Corning, the lab glass makers.

Sent from my Amiga GT-N7000 using XDA Premium.
 
BeamMeUpStreaky
Old
#72  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 72
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
Had to quote this .

Good stuff. This is priceless.

I am not going to check the brands I am wearing, as I do not care much and the other stuffs

Also might be sticking out as I have in the pocket as well an iPhone 4 + the note is in a pouch .

But in the shirts pockets its alone there and its sticking out.

Ps. Admit it, you are still thinking about me

lol to this all here
Oh so now u admit having 2 phone in the same pocket so your complaining and judging has now been struck from the record.

U would have to be a pretty boy, gym 4x+, speak atleast french and english and have a great job for me to imagine you, and at that u still have a2% change that i think of you.

Anyway, i have cases building up. Ciao
 
PAGOT
Old
#73  
PAGOT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 1,444
Join Date: Dec 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamMeUpStreaky View Post
Oh so now u admit having 2 phone in the same pocket so your complaining and judging has now been struck from the record.

U would have to be a pretty boy, gym 4x+, speak atleast french and english and have a great job for me to imagine you, and at that u still have a2% change that i think of you.

Anyway, i have cases building up. Ciao
Well no actually. Even if its alone there. Its still too long for my comfort.
I do not have deep pockets.

But I did not complain. I said I would like if it would fit better

But man I like you. Seriously I like your comments

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table


Quadrant score never matters!
 
chriszzz
Old
#74  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: May 2007
I have the galaxy Note and it fits fine in the pocket of my business pants. It does not in anyway stick out nor is it uncomfortable. I barely notice it is there, and on a few occasions had to slap my hand on my thigh to ensure that it is still in my pocket due to it's thinness.

At 170g+, it is a mere 30g ( 1 oz) heavier than a iPhone 4S, so how heavy can it be ?

The Note is about the width of my palm, shorter than my hand and way thinner. So if you can stick you hands into your pocket, you can most certainly fit your Note into your pocket.

Finally, to share my experience, I went on a 2 week vacation recently and did not bring my laptop ( I usually do ). Instead, I relied entirely on my Note to surf the web for destination info and attractions, book hotels and tickets for my next destination, download maps, etc etc, all the stuff I used to do on my laptop.

The 5.3" screen made all this a snap, and not once did I miss my laptop. Imagine doing all that without lugging 4 lbs of laptop and laptop charger. A travel-light advocate's dream device.

Plus the GPS is super sensitive and I get GPS locks very fast. The only complaint I have is that, due to the huge screen, it's hard to use it with only 1 hand ( for me, that is). Other than this, this phone is a keeper.
The Following User Says Thank You to chriszzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BeamMeUpStreaky
Old
#75  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 72
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
But man I like you. Seriously I like your comments

Perhaps you've been imagining me. If so, carry on.
The Following User Says Thank You to BeamMeUpStreaky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
titus1
Old
(Last edited by titus1; 17th January 2012 at 10:46 PM.)
#76  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 493
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
I have the galaxy Note and it fits fine in the pocket of my business pants. It does not in anyway stick out nor is it uncomfortable. I barely notice it is there, and on a few occasions had to slap my hand on my thigh to ensure that it is still in my pocket due to it's thinness.
Wow...what a pocket!

Cause often times someone would ask me, "what's that thing in your pocket..."

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
 
sbrownla
Old
(Last edited by sbrownla; 18th January 2012 at 03:22 AM.)
#78  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 320
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
Well no actually. Even if its alone there. Its still too long for my comfort.
I do not have deep pockets.

But I did not complain. I said I would like if it would fit better

But man I like you. Seriously I like your comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamMeUpStreaky View Post
Perhaps you've been imagining me. If so, carry on.
Get a room boyz, we don't need you shoving your "notes" in our faces. You guys can to compare "notes" in private.

On another "note" I didn't know there were so many mo's up in this beezy.

Anyway, do I wait for the Note to come to Verizon or do I just get a Galaxy Nexus now, then when the Note comes to Verizon, sell the Galaxy and get one? I really need a new phone. This Droid X is making me want to catch a flight to Santa Clara and shove it up someone's tailpipe... DRY.
 
allansy
Old
#79  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 118
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default ICS

What if the ICS comes out and we all get dissapointed about how it is with the Note?

We all know how we are. We always complain.
 
Corriewf
Old
#80  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by allansy View Post
What if the ICS comes out and we all get dissapointed about how it is with the Note?

We all know how we are. We always complain.
Quite possible. Ics is made exactly for the hardware in the nexus. The samsung produced version may not. Gingerbread is smooth as butter on the older google phone, but not on the note.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes