Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9.1.0d (Android 4.0.4) [20130107]

Tip us?
 
znetroll
Old
(Last edited by znetroll; 22nd March 2012 at 09:45 AM.)
#491  
Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2012
Yay, fresh build! MD5 is 1c415236905ffecce9e72739546abb3f
https://rapidshare.com/files/4118906...ANG-signed.zip
I honestly didn't read the commit messages this time (I have to study...), but there were lots of updates. I readded the qwertz Layout btw, but not as default. The files are there and in the right directories, you'll just have to rename them.

-------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnsdhrn View Post
It is good to see you Peter here also.Are you with CM9 now?How is it's performance compared to CM7 and MIUI?Is it advisable to use it on daily basis?Would like it to hear from you ,friend.
pnsdhrn
I'm sure I'm not the only one bugged by such posts, so let me say this:

This is a development thread and not for asking questions that are not related to development. I wasn't sure this was the place for posting nightlies, but it sure isn't the place for questions such as this one. Even more so if the OP answered some of them in his first post. Also, to bring this post back to more related things, I'll upload a build later today when it's done.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I could have said that in a more friendly way. I was just trying to push this thread towards development again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to znetroll For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pnsdhrn
Old
(Last edited by pnsdhrn; 22nd March 2012 at 07:17 PM.) Reason: missing words
#492  
pnsdhrn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 168
Posts: 1,367
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by znetroll View Post
Yay, fresh build! MD5 is 1c415236905ffecce9e72739546abb3f
https://rapidshare.com/files/4118906...ANG-signed.zip
I honestly didn't read the commit messages this time (I have to study...), but there were lots of updates. I readded the qwertz Layout btw, but not as default. The files are there and in the right directories, you'll just have to rename them.

-------------------------------------------------



I'm sure I'm not the only one bugged by such posts, so let me say this:

This is a development thread and not for asking questions that are not related to development. I wasn't sure this was the place for posting nightlies, but it sure isn't the place for questions such as this one. Even more so if the OP answered some of them in his first post. Also, to bring this post back to more related things, I'll upload a build later today when it's done.

I beg pardon for my folly,znetroll.I value your genius and hard work,but undervalue your pompousness and negligence to we fellow ignorant but enthusiast creatures .You should learn to become tolerant and lenient to others following the footsteps of our more dearest Kabaldan who is the greatest genius ever,hard working and a steady person in this Milestone field for more than 2 years unlike some people who are shooting stars.In spite of his highest status his behaviour and treatment to we fellow ignorant enthusiasts is a lesson to other Mod Kings. Also we ignorant but enthusiast fellows are the end users of the results of your hard work.Without takers what is the use of your hard work?So please be benevolent to others.If you can't,please try to ignore those posts at least.More over my question was not to you and the person to whom I asked has no discomfort at all on showing a personal touch in it.And my question was not at all out of syllabus also.It was about the performance and functioning of this ROM comparing to those of CM7 and MIUI.Once again expressing sorry for my post, if it is fault,
pnsdhrn
The Following User Says Thank You to pnsdhrn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
scoutme
Old
#493  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jul 2010
Fine. Let's move on.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to scoutme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WildKitsune
Old
#494  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gießen
Does the latest nightly build (first post on this page) support native wifi tethering?
 
douglasroos
Old
#495  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 209
Join Date: Mar 2008
The ROM it's working great, i've installed the alpha two days ago and it's very stable. The RAM administration it's great, in general it's more fluid than GB, i'm using APEX and whatsapp friendcaster and go!chat, really fast at all, sometimes when i take a picture the cameras freezes and the phone hangs, i have to pull out the battery and turn on the phone. But in general works great!

Thanks Kabaldan for your work! waiting for a final release! this is awesome!

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by znetroll View Post
Yay, fresh build! MD5 is 1c415236905ffecce9e72739546abb3f
https://rapidshare.com/files/4118906...ANG-signed.zip
I honestly didn't read the commit messages this time (I have to study...), but there were lots of updates. I readded the qwertz Layout btw, but not as default. The files are there and in the right directories, you'll just have to rename them.

-------------------------------------------------



I'm sure I'm not the only one bugged by such posts, so let me say this:

This is a development thread and not for asking questions that are not related to development. I wasn't sure this was the place for posting nightlies, but it sure isn't the place for questions such as this one. Even more so if the OP answered some of them in his first post. Also, to bring this post back to more related things, I'll upload a build later today when it's done.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I could have said that in a more friendly way. I was just trying to push this thread towards development again.
Can i install this build over the one posted in the first page? what's new in this build? Thanks for your hard work and efforts!
 
darjan
Old
#496  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
I have to admit it works surprisingly well for an ICS alpha on such phone (using it for two days, no crashes yet), so well that I will probably keep it for daily use.

The inconvenience is that Milestone comes with 256 MB of RAM and context switches when closing/opening applications are somehow slow. But when a context switch is done, the open application performs very well.

Noticed issue: keyboard illumination fails to work for me.

Thanks!
 
duandroid
Old
#497  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Feb 2011
Rom is getting more stable each day.

I have not had the data drop on me now in some time.

Camera working ok but seems to freeze after a 3rd or 4th pic in a row.

anyone having an issue with voice search or commands? may have just been me messing around when I was trying to trim the fat

Is there a real advantage to a light rom at all? I mean getting rid of all the crap will the rom perform faster?
 
horazius
Old
#498  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Buenos Aires
Default Couple of bugs

Hi,
first of all, thanks Pavel for the rom and all the effort to bring it to us. The ROM runs pretty well, now I'm using it as my daily ..

My big problem is with the stock messagin app, crashing a lot. I installed Messaging Metro Beta to use it untill the stock becomes usable for me.
A strange problem with the SMS/MMS I experienced is, if I create a new conversation, and try to write the name of the contact with the screen keyboard and it writes the letters backwards (right to left, in my case). With the hardware keyboard no problem ocurs..

That's all for now!

Again, thank you so much!
 
znetroll
Old
#499  
Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darjan View Post
The inconvenience is that Milestone comes with 256 MB of RAM and context switches when closing/opening applications are somehow slow. But when a context switch is done, the open application performs very well.
Trebuchet (the default launcher) uses a lot of memory, so it gets evicted really often, causing the delay when switching to the home screen. It's similar with many apps. It's really not the context switch that causes problems, that is really fast (a context switch occurs when the scheduler select a different kernel thread to run next, that happens quite often and has negligible impact if not none at all on performance), it's applications being evicted from memory that have to be restarted. I don't really know what's the bottleneck there, but most applications take 1-3 seconds to launch, which is a little annoying, but I don't really mind (except when I'm in a hurry :P). Does anybody know what causes this? Is it the internal storage being awfully slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjan View Post
Noticed issue: keyboard illumination fails to work for me.!
In the beginning it failed for me, too, but after a while it magically fixed itself
 
Rotundjere
Old
(Last edited by Rotundjere; 23rd March 2012 at 03:39 PM.)
#500  
Rotundjere's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 361
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jakarta, makati

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnsdhrn View Post
I beg pardon for my folly,znetroll.I value your genius and hard work,but undervalue your pompousness and negligence to we fellow ignorant but enthusiast creatures .You should learn to become tolerant and lenient to others following the footsteps of our more dearest Kabaldan who is the greatest genius ever,hard working and a steady person in this Milestone field for more than 2 years unlike some people who are shooting stars.In spite of his highest status his behaviour and treatment to we fellow ignorant enthusiasts is a lesson to other Mod Kings. Also we ignorant but enthusiast fellows are the end users of the results of your hard work.Without takers what is the use of your hard work?So please be benevolent to others.If you can't,please try to ignore those posts at least.More over my question was not to you and the person to whom I asked has no discomfort at all on showing a personal touch in it.And my question was not at all out of syllabus also.It was about the performance and functioning of this ROM comparing to those of CM7 and MIUI.Once again expressing sorry for my post, if it is fault,
pnsdhrn
znetroll is *troll*ing,

join date Jan 2012 ? what.. are you buying chuck norris phone in 2012 ?
______________

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes