5,595,918 Members 31,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Fotolio - A photography/art portfolio gallery [9-22-12 V1.3 UPDATE]

Tip us?

Apachi2k
Old
(Last edited by Apachi2k; 21st January 2012 at 06:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionSeven View Post
I look forward to future updates, glad I could be of help.
Can you try this version please and let me know if it works? I tested this with 21mp (6mb images) and it works beautifully. Keep in mind that bigger the images get, the slower the refresh time will be.

FotolioV3.2

ionSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachi2k View Post
Can you try this version please and let me know if it works? I tested this with 21mp (6mb images) and it works beautifully. Keep in mind that bigger the images get, the slower the refresh time will be.

FotolioV3.2
just tried it, works great on a gallery of 30+ images ranging from 1280x800 and up, nice work

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

kdobros
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi MZ601 usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kdobros For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timrock
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Nice app. But can you zoom in and out of a pic?
The Following User Says Thank You to timrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apachi2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrock View Post
Nice app. But can you zoom in and out of a pic?
Not yet, working on this feature and it should be available in the near future.

Apachi2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Just uploaded a new version with many bug fixes! The app *should be* compatible with Gingerbread+ devices now and the layout should update appropriately. If you have other Android devices, please test and report any issues. Thank you and hope you like the new version!

--- The following was added to the OP ---

EDIT 1/24/12 - V3.3 Uploaded FotolioV3.3.apk
-> Fixed thumbnail scaling issues (Please select the "Delete Thumbnails" option to recreate thumbnails)
-> Optimized cache storage for Thumbnails (Please select the "Delete Thumbnails" option to recreate thumbnails)
-> Layout now changes based on screen size (Preparation for making app compatible on all Gingerbread+ devices)
-> Code clean-up and fixed Gingerbread NullPointer error crash

** I spent a good bit effort cleaning things up so that I can start adding some additional functionality - Please voice your recommendations on what you would like to see next. My focus will likely be on additional bug-fixes and adding the multiple portfolio functionality. **
The Following User Says Thank You to Apachi2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apachi2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Haven't updated the app in a few days because I was been busy optimizing the interface. I am very happy with the new approach to thumnails which should hopefully take care of most force close issue.

--- The following was added to the OP ---

EDIT 1/24/12 - V3.4 Uploaded FotolioV3.4.apk
-> Completely redid the way the application manages thumbnails and cache. The result should be butter-smooth scrolling even when the thumbnails are being generated.
-> Fixed force close issue when the application runs out of memory - happened if you had 80+ images in the portoflio.
-> Minor graphics cleanup including text size for image name

This update has no new functionality but I think most of you will love the performance boost. This app now runs so smooth even on my old DroidX!
The Following User Says Thank You to Apachi2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apachi2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Fotolio is now on Android Market! Please download and show your support if you like this app - the market release has few minor UI bug fixes.

Thank you to everyone who helped get this app to this point!

Fotolio on Android Market

cemmel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you for your effort.New release from market working perfectly

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cemmel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apachi2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemmel View Post
Thank you for your effort.New release from market working perfectly
You're welcome! Glad you like it.

Tags
art, gallery, photography, portfolio, xoom