Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Tip us?

ginryu
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhar View Post
Why not mirror it yourself?
others don't need to mirror and you still have the download count!
think about it,
because they prefer to use that time in developing the rom and at least i am grateful with it.

Thx for your efforts devs!!

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanaticprakash View Post
I agree With you, but Tell me one good reason why did you choose uploaded.to???
when so many good file hosting sites are there?
Because it provides great speed for us with the remote upload function! Also it provides good download speed, atleast for me and jerpelea!
Many others choose mediafire, which gives me a speed of about 10kb/s. So its just the difference which country/provider are you on. For everybody this is different and no matter which provider we choose someone will complain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhar View Post
Why not mirror it yourself?
others don't need to mirror and you still have the download count!
think about it,
Why should we make this? This would be atleast more work for us we better want to spend in developing. For me it takes about 12 hours to upload all roms. Why should i upload to different hosters ? Also i dont want to buy a faster internet upload speed just for providing different sites. So simply: NO! 1 is enough. If you want to use the weekly FXP-Rom you can download from our choosen filehoster, if you dont want to download from ul.to just use the CyanogenMod Network and use the less updated versions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-k-t-w View Post
Are you serious? What if some jackass decides to mirror it just to ruin it for everybody?

But anyway, thank you for the data patch, I can now enjoy CM9 on my phone.
Yes it is the only way to stop this! We kindly asked frequently NOT to mirror it.
The reasons are simple:
1.) We dont have the download count we want to provide Sony.
2.) We dont have any access to the mirrored files, so we cannot take them offline if a new version is out. We get frequently bugs reported that are from very old versions. This was the case in X10 developing, so we finally decided not to allow mirrors at ALL!
And because some guys here disrespecting the rules we dont have any other option to do that.

Also i personally hate it when someone provides a inofficial mirror because they only want to make money with the mirrors! We cannot respect this.
IF someone does make a mirror and is publishing it via PM for a friend or smth. We are still ok with it and ofc we cannot forbid it. But we DONT want mirrors published to the www except our own links!

Regards
Bin4ry
Team FreeXperia

Xperia Stock ROM Collection for all devices: Click

EASY ROOT FOR MANY MANY ANDROID DEVICES
-----------------------------

If you want to buy me a beer, feel free and click here:

Thanks very much!

fanaticprakash
Old
(Last edited by fanaticprakash; 12th March 2012 at 05:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
You are right but uploaded.to is very unfair to download I'm trying to download from yesterday still I can't download for fxp 109 after 10 days i luckily downloded one day, not only me so many are like this, if possible change to some other site where both download and upload speed is good. Otherwise continue with uploaded.to. we will wait for download!!!

Sent from my WT19i using XDA
Helping others makes us Happier

mehrab2603
Old
(Last edited by mehrab2603; 12th March 2012 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
You can upload to mediafire first and then use this site to make direct links and use those direct links to remote upload to ul.to. Will only take you 15 more minutes and you have 2 hosts that way. I'm sure the developing won't be affected much by 15 minutes and people will stop bitching too lol

As for me, I'm fine with ul.to. It works just fine for me. Thanks for the data patch and keep up the good work

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanaticprakash View Post
You are right but uploaded.to is very unfair to download I'm trying to download from yesterday still I can't download for fxp 109 after 10 days i luckily downloded one day, not only me so many are like this, if possible change to some other site where both download and upload speed is good. Otherwise continue with uploaded.to. we will wait for download!!!

Sent from my WT19i using XDA
I just started the download as free user on Uploaded.to now to see why you are all complaining. And it gives me 400 kb/s speed. So i dont see any reason to complain !?
Whats the problem with that hoster then? 400 kb/s for a free user is really fast i think.

Regards
Bin4ry
Team FreeXperia

Thanks very much!

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrab2603 View Post
You can upload to mediafire first and then use this site to make direct links and use those direct links to remote upload to ul.to. Will only take you 15 more minutes and you have 2 hosts that way. I'm sure the developing won't be affected much by 15 minutes and people will stop bitching too lol

As for me, I'm fine with ul.to. It works just fine for me. Thanks for the data patch and keep up the good work
You know that we are maintaining currently more devices than this 4 ?
We maintain 2010,2011 and now 2012 devices from Sony(Ericsson).
Its just more easy to build the files and use a automatic script to push them on the servers directly from the buildsystem.
Uploaded is providing this in a very good and nice way for us!

Regards
Bin4ry
Team FreeXperia

Thanks very much!

QeneX
Old
Thanks Meter 12
400 kb/s? That's strange. I'm from Czech rep. and my country borders with your country. And my download speed? 50-70 kb/s...

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by QeneX View Post
400 kb/s? That's strange. I'm from Czech rep. and my country borders with your country. And my download speed? 50-70 kb/s...
Hmm, entierly strange. I'm on cable internet maybe there is a big difference by providers! Really i dont know!
As i said before if i download from mediafire i get very very very slow downloads. But i dont complain like you guys do :P

Regards
Bin4ry
Team FreeXperia

Thanks very much!

nickholtus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,435

DONATE TO ME
hi bin4ry,

if you want a other download server pm me or homeworlder (you can get ftp acces from our server with unlimited bandwidth) i always use it for my roms!

Regards, Nick
If i helped you, please hit the thanks button or consider donating to me!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=WSQ8K2PEXNH7Q

[B]

DuMOHsmol
Old
Thanks Meter 366
The problem is not only in speed and instability (I've got 15-20 kb/s ), uploaded.to also keeps telling that all free-download capacities are exhausted.

The Following User Says Thank You to DuMOHsmol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]