Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)

OP Quarx

25th May 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Back on here after about 6 months. I just installed 72-20120506-Nightly-Kobe, about 1/2 hour ago :) First impressions.

Wholy crap! This thing is Fast! I still can't believe how responsive it is. The last firmware I had on it was really lagged, especially compared to my Atrix 4G. However, it's now pretty much on par as far as touch&feel, rotation, live wallpaper etc. go to the Atrix...

I have one problem though. I can't setup an account When I go through Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Add account ->

The only thing I can do is "Add an Exchange account". I proceeded to add my gmail account but no luck! It keeps trying to add an exchange account.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the 0506 Nightly or what.

Other than that one "bug", this thing is AWESOME!

Thanks Quarx!

Kevin.

PS - Will definitely donate.
Last edited by kebuchan; 25th May 2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: fixin' typos
25th May 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #132  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
More
You need to flesh the latest google apps for gingerbread and then you will he able to add your google account. You can download it here:
http://goo.im/gapps/
and then you boot to recovery and install the zip.
Last edited by feistygoat10; 25th May 2012 at 03:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to feistygoat10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #133  

6 posts
Ok... I had BandroidX's recovery tool, used that to flash CM7.2, now I've lost the CWM recovery! So I can't flash gapps either. Unless there's another way to do this and I'm missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
25th May 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #134  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,867

2,850 posts
More
Use Defy 2nd-Init

There's a halfass chance you'll have to flash the sbf after installing this. I've never installed BandroidX Recovery, Flash CM7, then install Defy 2nd-init. If you do have to sbf it, then just use Defy 2nd-init instead of BandroidX Recovery. Pisses me off because I found Defy 2nd-init the day after I purchased BandroidX (my first app purchase).
25th May 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #135  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
More
I may be missing something, but if you have already flashed cm7 there should be a built in recovery. With the phone turned on, just hold down the power button and when the window pops select reboot and it will then prompt you select reboot recovery.
26th May 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #136  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygoat10

I may be missing something, but if you have already flashed cm7 there should be a built in recovery. With the phone turned on, just hold down the power button and when the window pops select reboot and it will then prompt you select reboot recovery.

Hi FeistyGoat10 - Yes I had CM7, didn't know about the recovery option on there. Had the battery-no-charging issue due to corrupt FW I guess.. when I tried adding gapps. Anyways, messed it up! So I tried to do an SBF with RSD lite.

Right now it starts to boot, shows the Motorola logo and then loops between Moto logo and AT&T screen, both animated but it just keeps looping!!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Kevin
27th May 2012, 12:00 PM   |  #137  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 306

1,409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebuchan

Hi FeistyGoat10 - Yes I had CM7, didn't know about the recovery option on there. Had the battery-no-charging issue due to corrupt FW I guess.. when I tried adding gapps. Anyways, messed it up! So I tried to do an SBF with RSD lite.

Right now it starts to boot, shows the Motorola logo and then loops between Moto logo and AT&T screen, both animated but it just keeps looping!!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Kevin

Turn on the phone by pressing power and volume down button, when you see the android with an exclamation image, press both volume buttons, move to wipe factory and cache (dont remember exactly).

Then reboot the phone! and you should be done!
19th June 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #138  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 10

115 posts
More
the defy CM7.2 final is arrive.

waiting to port to bravo

thanks
19th June 2012, 10:18 PM   |  #139  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 306

1,409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesargdmi

the defy CM7.2 final is arrive.

waiting to port to bravo

thanks

Its alive about 3 days ago, I hope quarx make the port soon.
20th June 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #140  
Flag nuevo leon
Thanks Meter: 667

2,221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

Its alive about 3 days ago, I hope quarx make the port soon.

josuearisty friend when going out cyanogem 7.2 for motorola bravo...

amigo josuearisty cuando va a salir cyanogem 7.2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread