Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trident aegis case review

Tip us?

deedscreen
Old
Thanks Meter 137
It's okay, bro. KTT gave me some good advice, and I accepted it... by the way, I'm going with "the deedster" as a nickname lol.
I Support Android, Wear, TV, Auto, Nexus, Silver, & More

If someone has helped you, please be sure to hit the THANKS button!
My Current Devices:

Code:
LG G3 T-Mobile (D851): Stock 4.4
(LG G3: Olleh F400K Korean Model)
Samsung Galaxy S3 T999: Carbon 4.4 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"
Gionee Elife E6
Motorola Atrix HD
Motorola Photon Q
Google Chromecast

ZeroManArmy
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Wow. Weird how an avatar shows up on ALL posts. Would be nice if you gave me time to respond ever.

Anyways since you de-railed this topic so horridly. Which color do I do? I was thinking blue to match the soon to be perfected CM9.

JonandRoid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
lol, yeah i think the blue is pretty nice, just ordered mine, ill post what i think about it when i get it. I have the otterbox commuter case and its alright but around the edges the case tends to go in to the hard plastic part of the case if its pushed in my pocket and where the charging port cover is located, the lip around the screen directly above that (soft rubber part) is extremely thin and thats what usually gets slightly deformed....so by the looks of this case they did some re-engineering so we will see..

zeguym
Old
Thanks Meter 16
At first, i want to buy this case, but its not include belt clip holder. I need it. So i buy defender. But a few day after it came, i'm not using it, it big, and really big case.
one more case that 1 want is seidio convert, but none of ebay seller ship to my country.

ZeroManArmy
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
So I bought this case in blue, I like it so far. It reminds of a otterbox for iPhone. The only concern I have for it, is that it doesnt grip the screen with the plastic. It grips with the rubber.
----------------------------------------------------
History: Motorola Photon 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy Note II
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II: Jelly'Beans' Build 21
Girlfriends: LG Lucid 2: Stock 4.1.2

BHermes21
Old
Thanks Meter 12
What would you prefer. The otterbox or this case? Thanks

mkm1126
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have a trident, brand new, black and an Otterbox Commuter for sale. PM me if you're interested.

KSmithInNY
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Having used both my unbiased preference was for otterbox. Not sure why other than it just felt better in my hand.

My biased opinion is otterbox sells a $5 product for $50 and should make an effort to support the people that support them. I personally know a dev who was talking with them about maybe giving a couple free cases he could give to his rom users. A couple weeks of feet dragging and gaps of 72 hours sometimes with no word, made them seem unappreciative of their success and terrible marketers. A dev, with thousands (most traffic for that rom was 1,500 downloads per week) of downloads for every release, that publicly endorses your product and wants to share that with 2 or 3 of his users ..... seems like a great $10 investment to me.

Lol .... yeah im a little bitter. I won't buy their cases anymore solely based on the experience, not the outcome. The only reason I have the photon case is a friend had it, hated the bulk, and was insistent upon giving it to me for some work I did on his phone.

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
@KSmithInNY, I have OtterBox Defender and love it. But I question your review. Does your Developer friend have a ligit business? So he had 1500 downloads in a week, plenty of apps on the market top that.

My co-worker plays with his iDouchPad 24 X 7, Should apple send him something free?

My point is (and dont hate me, Im not negative), you love the Defender, but you hate them because they did not give your friend free s**t makes no sense.

This site and the developers here depend on you and I to thank them for their efforts, usually done on their free time. You can ask any developer here, I have had NO problem supporting them for their help. As for this site, look at my avatar, the star's speak for themself.

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)

KSmithInNY
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000 View Post
@KSmithInNY, I have OtterBox Defender and love it. But I question your review. Does your Developer friend have a ligit business? So he had 1500 downloads in a week, plenty of apps on the market top that.

My co-worker plays with his iDouchPad 24 X 7, Should apple send him something free?

My point is (and dont hate me, Im not negative), you love the Defender, but you hate them because they did not give your friend free s**t makes no sense.

This site and the developers here depend on you and I to thank them for their efforts, usually done on their free time. You can ask any developer here, I have had NO problem supporting them for their help. As for this site, look at my avatar, the star's speak for themself.
First sorry for the wall of text but I felt the need to clarify some things it seemed were misinterpreted in your post.

Lol no offense taken. Just two adults talking on a forum and I'm mature enough to respect everyones opinion. This isn't my first time of a forum. While my XDA post count might not be inflated, it can be attributed with mine having been a senior moderator and developer over on Androidcentral for a looooong time and having several thousand posts there ::shrugs::. 'll be happy to add some clarifying details regarding OB but I do want to point out you did overlook a very important sentence which might have influenced your response " I won't buy their cases anymore solely based on the experience, not the outcome.". Meaning I couldn't care less about the cases, i received some cases donated from someone else. My issue with them is the way they conducted themselves ESPECIALLY considering when they engaged me in conversation, not the other way around.

I'm not trying to turn this into a unit measuring contest, and let me preface with I'm not attacking you but expressing an opinion that will be backed by facts, but post counts and avatars or stars don't mean anything to me. I've met people with 4,000 posts that cant root without 1 click and people with 1 post who are contributors to the linux kernel source.

To provide a little background on me, I was a lead developer on the AC rom project (my first publicly released android work), first guy to root the optimus S, developer of ThundeROM, created the Thunder tweak process, developed for the LEGO ROM modular rom series, created the reborn rom base before passing it to another dev teammate of mine, and have been a contributing developer on more projects than i care to find links for. All that was for fun but the thing I'm most proud of is creating an environment where developers and users and newbs are created equally. No user is better than another. That's very important to me.

I feel my knowledge and contributions to the community must carry some value but I have made many financial donations and still do to this day. Money aside, i respect people who support users by donating knowledge and support, freeing developers to spend their time developing, more than i appreciated any financial donation. I did it all for fun. Theres no money in development so the more time i spent butt deep in smali the happier i was.

Still interested in hearing about otterbox? Alright so as you can see I've been involved in multiple public projects and an employee of otterbox was using my work, and saw me mentioning how nice their product is, they emailed me just as a compliment. A few emails back and fourth and the idea comes up they they donate 3 cases, i would pay for the shipping out of donations so there was no cost for them associated, only assets, and they would ship to the people when i send the address. They mentioned giving me a free case, despite knowing i already owned one, and i made it clear if they were to donate another case then im shipping another case to a user, i dont want their product, the idea was to thank my users for trusting me. Finally the person says they are going to approach marketing/pr .... few days no response so i send a feeler email, few days a quick response that they are still looking, few days later i send a feeler, on and on and on until nothing no response.

Let me be as crystal clear as possible, they approached me, i was not personally gaining anything and in fact i was spending donations, all i wanted was to be kept in the loop. If it's no say no. It's called respect and i feel we all deserve it.

I was so disappointed because i really wanted to give people stuff that sought a deal elsewhere and received 3 free cases and gave them away to random users. I never accepted a single donation until probably the last 6 months before stepping into the background. When i did accept donations not a dime went to my bank. I donated to cell phones for soliders, various personal charities, and used the money to buy more accessories to give to the users. Matter of fact heres something i pumped out just to give these guys a rom and look at the donation link ..... it's to a charity While I'm not offended at your implication that i was seeking something for free, or seeking personal gains, i will absolutely make it clear that you couldn't possibly be further from the truth.

I hope that clarifies and look forward to chatting more in the future. Peace and love now lets hug it out lol