XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Tab™ Conductive Stylus

Tip us?

pseudoheld
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by andario View Post
Could you please clarify if the "sensitivity issue" is bad enough to affect the proper selection/highlighting of text?

Cheers
nah selecting highlighting is no problem what soever. it is very precise its just when you loop you "L" or "O" that is sometimes doesn't detect it. but for light usage its fine. annotating or highlighting pdf works a treat.
Phone: Nexus 5 Rom: Cataclysm
Tablet: Galaxy Tab 8.9 Rom: AOKP ICS Kernel: OC'd to 1,5ghz
Retired Phone: Nexus One Rom: ICS BCM Kernel: ICS BCM
Did I help you? Hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudoheld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andario
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoheld View Post
nah selecting highlighting is no problem what soever. it is very precise its just when you loop you "L" or "O" that is sometimes doesn't detect it. but for light usage its fine. annotating or highlighting pdf works a treat.
Thanks mate, that was very helpful.

xc68000
Old
(Last edited by xc68000; 9th March 2012 at 03:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I think the sensitivity is great. I use SuperNote on my 8.9 all the time for taking notes. No issues whatsoever and better than many other tablets I tried. Writing with a conductive stylus is smooth (not broken) and easy. Of course the resolution isn't down to what you could do with pen and paper, but that's a fundamental limitation that most all tablets share except for those that are designed with some sort of active alternative. The touchscreens have to be calibrated to pick up our fat fingers so they are relatively coarse. It's really a compromise so you don't have to have a stylus to navigate the interface like the older generation of PDAs used. I think the 8.9 is great with something like SuperNote that can take your writing and shrink it down to a decent size and align it on a line. You should really check this app out if your interested in taking notes because it is really really cool. It's only distributed on asus tablets, but the apk is floating around.