OP ChristopherJ

10th February 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #11  
Flag Lüneburg
Thanks Meter: 544

1,802 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andario

Could you please clarify if the "sensitivity issue" is bad enough to affect the proper selection/highlighting of text?

Cheers

nah selecting highlighting is no problem what soever. it is very precise its just when you loop you "L" or "O" that is sometimes doesn't detect it. but for light usage its fine. annotating or highlighting pdf works a treat.
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudoheld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoheld

nah selecting highlighting is no problem what soever. it is very precise its just when you loop you "L" or "O" that is sometimes doesn't detect it. but for light usage its fine. annotating or highlighting pdf works a treat.

Thanks mate, that was very helpful.
8th March 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
I think the sensitivity is great. I use SuperNote on my 8.9 all the time for taking notes. No issues whatsoever and better than many other tablets I tried. Writing with a conductive stylus is smooth (not broken) and easy. Of course the resolution isn't down to what you could do with pen and paper, but that's a fundamental limitation that most all tablets share except for those that are designed with some sort of active alternative. The touchscreens have to be calibrated to pick up our fat fingers so they are relatively coarse. It's really a compromise so you don't have to have a stylus to navigate the interface like the older generation of PDAs used. I think the 8.9 is great with something like SuperNote that can take your writing and shrink it down to a decent size and align it on a line. You should really check this app out if your interested in taking notes because it is really really cool. It's only distributed on asus tablets, but the apk is floating around.
Last edited by xc68000; 9th March 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread